Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

18 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Well done that man !! ...  the castle and the bridge were both used in GoT !

I asked a woman who was with us what they were used as in the series ..   she said ..   I haven’t actually watched it but I believe the castle was where the Iron brew family lived ..   lollol

We did a Game of Thrones coach tour round the Antrim coast the other week, along with the Giant's Causeway. Would recommend it if even you don't like GoT. Some of the scenery round there is fantastic. Also got to visit the village of Carnlough, hometown of Brendan Rodgers!

Belfast itself is great. If anyone goes there, I'd recommend doing a taxi tour of the Falls Road/Shankill Road murals. We did it with this guy, Jim. Some of the stuff he tells you just makes your head spin, but well worth a couple of hours of your time.

https://www.xplorebelfastmurals.com/

On 28/07/2019 at 16:40, Unabomber said:

Prob been asked before but anyone recommend Krakow? How much is a pint and average meal? Also is it worth going?

Krakow is awesome. Make time to get the bus to Auschwitz if you've not been. It's a tough trip for the day but it's an important place to visit. 

Check out the Salt Mines nearby for a slightly less daunting trip out.

On 30/07/2019 at 18:18, lifted*fox said:

off on a little soviet explore in a couple of weeks. off to Vilnius in Lithuania for a couple of days and then catching a train to Minsk in Belarus for a couple of days too.

should be interesting 

I haven't been to North East Europe much, apart from Latvia. Would like to explore it more. Looking forward to your dispatches. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Lehuto is the best place for beer from my experiences, definitely worth checking out 

My reputation precedes me lol. Thanks mate, first thing I did when the O/H booked it was go into Untaped to see what’s what and google where sells Omnipollo.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

My reputation precedes me lol. Thanks mate, first thing I did when the O/H booked it was go into Untaped to see what’s what and google where sells Omnipollo.

They sell a lot of local craft beers in there, some are very decent. The chaps who work there are very helpful too and will recommend you beers based on what you already like 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 09:50, Costock_Fox said:

Off to Budapest a week on Tuesday, really looking forward to it as it’s somewhere I have wanted to go to for a while.

How long are you there for? I fly to Vienna for 2 nights on Weds 14th, then catching the train to Budapest for 3 nights. 

2 minutes ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

How long are you there for? I fly to Vienna for 2 nights on Weds 14th, then catching the train to Budapest for 3 nights. 

Only 3 nights so I’ll be leaving just as you arrive I guess. Wish I could have done a couple of days in Vienna myself but the Wolves game being moved meant I couldn’t.

Really looking forward to it though, I’ve heard great things.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 11:25, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Thinking of going to Lisbon around May next year for  4 or 5 days, has anybody been? 

Went in March this year and really loved the place.  Stayed in the old quarter.  Really easy to get around - v good public transport.  Lots to see. Good food, friendly people etc.

I asked a similar question and got loads of good info and advice from this thread, so if you search you'll see for yourself.

Let me know though if you want any other info.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

Went in March this year and really loved the place.  Stayed in the old quarter.  Really easy to get around - v good public transport.  Lots to see. Good food, friendly people etc.

I asked a similar question and got loads of good info and advice from this thread, so if you search you'll see for yourself.

Let me know though if you want any other info.

Enjoy!

Brilliant, thank you, it looks a beautiful city 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Booked Disney World for me, wife, 2 kids and cousin. flights, 2 weeks in Disney Hotel, car hire and park tickets for all 5 of us for under 7K. Decent. Cant wait :D

That's a great price. I assume you're going outside of term time?

19 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Only 3 nights so I’ll be leaving just as you arrive I guess. Wish I could have done a couple of days in Vienna myself but the Wolves game being moved meant I couldn’t.

Really looking forward to it though, I’ve heard great things.

Found out Ferencváros are playing Dinamo Zagreb in the champions league play off while I’m there. Had to pay for bloody VIP tickets though but not to be missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Found out Ferencváros are playing Dinamo Zagreb in the champions league play off while I’m there. Had to pay for bloody VIP tickets though but not to be missed.

Both the home support and away support will be at it for that, definitely worth it.

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Both the home support and away support will be at it for that, definitely worth it.

Yeah it’s going to be carnage but I think I’ve got a free bar so I probably won’t survive till kick off anyway.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

@Dr The Singh I read earlier before the site crashed that you're in Valencia next week and asked about food and drink. There's literally thousands of places, where abouts in the city are you staying? 

My wife is there next week with my daughters, they love food and drink, especially tapas.  There staying  at SH Valencia Palace.  Cheers

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

My wife is there next week with my daughters, they love food and drink, especially tapas.  There staying  at SH Valencia Palace.  Cheers

I think that hotel is just over the other side of Turia park. Not too far out though so a decent spot. The better tapas places in the old town are in the back streets and away from the main Plaza de la Virgen, which is stunning mind.

Taberna El Olivo is good for tapas. It's a small bar next to an olive tree surrounded by graffiti covered walls in back streets..My missus always insists we go there..Tasca Angel is also a cool place but not very pretty at all. Looks just like a take away but the food is great..Fried sardines and a beer standing at the bar is great.

Market de Colon is a nice place for a drink at night. Beautiful old building that host loads of bars doing all sorts of drinks/food. Go when it's dark as well as looks even better at night.

Russafa is probably a 30 minute walk away from that hotel but a must for at least one evening. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are the best nights to go and hang out at some of the many many bars and cafe's. There's a bar called La Bella de Cadiz in Russafa. Probably the most eclectic bar I've ever been in. Mainly cocktails and another bar the missus always insists on going to. Nice staff but closed Monday/Tuesday. 

Patacona beach at night have loads of bars in the sand and a nice way to watch the sun set..Easy bus or taxi there. 

It is literally like an.oven here atm though.

9 minutes ago, Soup said:

I think that hotel is just over the other side of Turia park. Not too far out though so a decent spot. The better tapas places in the old town are in the back streets and away from the main Plaza de la Virgen, which is stunning mind.

Taberna El Olivo is good for tapas. It's a small bar next to an olive tree surrounded by graffiti covered walls in back streets..My missus always insists we go there..Tasca Angel is also a cool place but not very pretty at all. Looks just like a take away but the food is great..Fried sardines and a beer standing at the bar is great.

Market de Colon is a nice place for a drink at night. Beautiful old building that host loads of bars doing all sorts of drinks/food. Go when it's dark as well as looks even better at night.

Russafa is probably a 30 minute walk away from that hotel but a must for at least one evening. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are the best nights to go and hang out at some of the many many bars and cafe's. There's a bar called La Bella de Cadiz in Russafa. Probably the most eclectic bar I've ever been in. Mainly cocktails and another bar the missus always insists on going to. Nice staff but closed Monday/Tuesday. 

Patacona beach at night have loads of bars in the sand and a nice way to watch the sun set..Easy bus or taxi there. 

It is literally like an.oven here atm though.

Thank you, Soup for that info