Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Just booked Ireland for new year. Co. Roscommon, Co. Sligo and Co.Mayo

Toss up between Philippines or Vietnam for March. Need to make my mind up in the next 2 weeks though. Been Vietnam twice and absolutely loved it. Philippines is new to me. 

Anyone recommend Manila?   

North Cornwall for a week in early September, always enjoy Cornwall and Devon. Not been to this part of Cornwall before though so if anyone has any must see's or stuff that's not that obvious then please let me know :)

I'll spend the week blasted on Rattler, so driving will be kept to a minimum haha

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

North Cornwall for a week in early September, always enjoy Cornwall and Devon. Not been to this part of Cornwall before though so if anyone has any must see's or stuff that's not that obvious then please let me know :)

I'll spend the week blasted on Rattler, so driving will be kept to a minimum haha

We stayed in that sort of area for a couple of days on the way back up from South Cornwall and spent a few hours at Golitha Falls. Only went based on a quick Google of what was nearby and loved it, if you go with appropriate footwear and clothes (basically trainers and not tight jeans etc) then you climb right down to the base of the waterfalls and have a chance of seeing some Otters, which may or may not be your cup of tea!  

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 00:15, Mickey O'Neil said:

Toss up between Philippines or Vietnam for March. Need to make my mind up in the next 2 weeks though. Been Vietnam twice and absolutely loved it. Philippines is new to me. 

Anyone recommend Manila?   

If you've never been Philippines then yes definitely. Although it is depraved to another level. Can't imagine there's anything more to see or do in Vietnam if you've been twice already?

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

We stayed in that sort of area for a couple of days on the way back up from South Cornwall and spent a few hours at Golitha Falls. Only went based on a quick Google of what was nearby and loved it, if you go with appropriate footwear and clothes (basically trainers and not tight jeans etc) then you climb right down to the base of the waterfalls and have a chance of seeing some Otters, which may or may not be your cup of tea!  

Cheers mate, sounds spot on that does!

• Thanks 1

On 08/08/2019 at 00:15, Mickey O'Neil said:

Anyone recommend Manila?   

Bohol in the Philippines via Cebu. Check out Alona, Anda, Camiguin Island, Carmen for the Chocolate Hills. 

Don't waste your time in a big city like Manila. Get out on an island, hire a motorbike and spend your time under waterfalls, diving, etc. 

****ing lovely place, lovely people. Mostly untouched Island life. Been twice. Would move there in a second. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2019 at 10:25, Finnegan said:

Six nights in Hvar and eight in Dubrovnik across the end of August / start of September. 

Can't fookin wait. God I love the adriatic. 

Pretty sure parts of Game of Thrones were filmed in Dubrovnik, not been myself but my lady friend (I’m of that age where I can’t really have a girlfriend) loved it there. not too many English people either!

3 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Off to South Africa at Christmas/New year. Will watch the cricket ( 1st test at Centurion ). Based in Pretoria, so will try and see a bit of wildlife if possible and chill out. 

Whatever you do, get to Franscheok and do the wine tram tour, one of the best things I've ever done. Breath taking scenery and about 18 glasses of exquisite wine for about £10

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whatever you do, get to Franscheok and do the wine tram tour, one of the best things I've ever done. Breath taking scenery and about 18 glasses of exquisite wine for about £10

I’m only there for 9/10 days so probably won’t make it to Western Cape. Will keep it in mind though. I’ve been to Stellenbosch before, which is beautiful. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Pretty sure parts of Game of Thrones were filmed in Dubrovnik, not been myself but my lady friend (I’m of that age where I can’t really have a girlfriend) loved it there. not too many English people either!

Kings Landing was Dubrovnik from season two onwards. 

Season one it was Mdina in Malta which is also lovely. 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 11:59, Vince Vega said:

Just thought I'd chuck this out again in case anyone has been in the meantime.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

If your adventuras...Canyoning!!! Gorges de las Richiusa

Nice Natural gorges, like Gorges de las Restonica, Swimming in clear rivers,Great for picnics..

Boat tours to Coastal coves..

Great Coastal walks,some quite Dynamic

Bonofacio,citadel,town,grotto...

Cycling with Electric bikes...or normal bikes,Great Way to get around...

For sept  If they still do it...Corsican singing an Unique chansons...can be quite beautiful...

I went years ago....so things or offers can change.Tho' s Work College said he cheated,by renting an E-bike.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booked a night in niagara with the wife and kids.  Living large i tell ya! Having said that it is a joke how much it costs considering i live about 75 minutes away.  Figure we could take the kids to the indoor waterpark and few other places they'd enjoy.  

The big Jamaica trip is in December so must wait!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever been to Australia for an Ashes series? Probably only looking to go to one test as opposed to the lot, would like to sightsee for the rest of the time. Looking at going for 3 weeks total. 

Yes. Boxing Day MCG test is in my opinion something every sports fan should aim to tick off the list. NYE in Sydney was also brilliant. Otherwise did Cairns and Brisbane (no crikcet, just sightseeing). Missed out Perth and Ayers Rock. I did three weeks over xmas/new year a few years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever been to Australia for an Ashes series? Probably only looking to go to one test as opposed to the lot, would like to sightsee for the rest of the time. Looking at going for 3 weeks total. 

Pick the Boxing Day test, stay there for 5 days then get a flight to New Zealand. 

3 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

You might struggle to get tickets for the boxing day test, but its definitely the best option. second choice would be Sydney imo.

The northern territory is where youll experience the best "Outback Oz"

Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane are nothing special. Although all of them have lovely regional areas.

31 minutes ago, Frost said:

Currently looking at Turkey or Croatia next year, probably 10 days.

I hear a lot about Turkey being hit or miss so I'd end up going 5 star I think. Has anyone got any recommendations?

I got back from turkey this morning. We stayed in Side in a small 3 star all inclusive. Room very basic, food absolute shite but the pool area and the bar were both fantastic. My issue was venturing out the hotel, shopping etc. I am quite shy and awkward by nature, and the way they hassle you outside shops and restaurants is pretty bad (not just in Side, pretty sure it's all over. Been to olu deniz twice with family and it was exactly the same). They use questions like how are you where are you from to lure you in and then, if like me you're too awkward to ignore them or be rude, you get a bit trapped. One bloke basically dragged me in off the street and started putting fake adidas shirts on me and then asked me for money for them. One restaurant worker asked me for help with his English and then immediately asked me to look at the menu and ask where I was eating. I had booked a special restaurant for an anniversary and he just said its shit and expensive there eat here instead. By this point I was getting sick of it and basically told him to **** off (and the restaurant I had booked was amazing and similarly priced to all the others). Also, if you are a smoker, and smoke role your owns, DO NOT buy tobacco outside the airport. We got stung with fake tobacco (rancid stuff), in a proper supermarket too. But we took it back and to my surprise they actually swapped it for real cigarettes at the same value (they wouldn't refund the money). Having said all that, it is a beautiful country with great things to see. We did a scuba trip, my girlfriend is a very unconfident swimmer, but it was all very professional and she absolutely loved it. The only reason I wouldn't go back is because of the people in the shops and restaurants but if you can cope with that it's definitely a place worth visiting.

I went to Croatia last year but stayed in an Airbnb in the centre of old town Zadar. Hands down one of my favourite holidays ever!

19 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I got back from turkey this morning. We stayed in Side in a small 3 star all inclusive. Room very basic, food absolute shite but the pool area and the bar were both fantastic. My issue was venturing out the hotel, shopping etc. I am quite shy and awkward by nature, and the way they hassle you outside shops and restaurants is pretty bad (not just in Side, pretty sure it's all over. Been to olu deniz twice with family and it was exactly the same). They use questions like how are you where are you from to lure you in and then, if like me you're too awkward to ignore them or be rude, you get a bit trapped. One bloke basically dragged me in off the street and started putting fake adidas shirts on me and then asked me for money for them. One restaurant worker asked me for help with his English and then immediately asked me to look at the menu and ask where I was eating. I had booked a special restaurant for an anniversary and he just said its shit and expensive there eat here instead. By this point I was getting sick of it and basically told him to **** off (and the restaurant I had booked was amazing and similarly priced to all the others). Also, if you are a smoker, and smoke role your owns, DO NOT buy tobacco outside the airport. We got stung with fake tobacco (rancid stuff), in a proper supermarket too. But we took it back and to my surprise they actually swapped it for real cigarettes at the same value (they wouldn't refund the money). Having said all that, it is a beautiful country with great things to see. We did a scuba trip, my girlfriend is a very unconfident swimmer, but it was all very professional and she absolutely loved it. The only reason I wouldn't go back is because of the people in the shops and restaurants but if you can cope with that it's definitely a place worth visiting.

I went to Croatia last year but stayed in an Airbnb in the centre of old town Zadar. Hands down one of my favourite holidays ever!

I found Morocco the same, I felt I needed a holiday after coming back. Every time you went out for a walk it felt like a computer game, having to navigate all these different characters.

Saying that, we met some wonderful locals and one of the coastal towns we visited was much more relaxed. Food was wonderful and cheap and weather was smashing. I wouldn't go back though, find it too stressful.

3 hours ago, Frost said:

Currently looking at Turkey or Croatia next year, probably 10 days.

I hear a lot about Turkey being hit or miss so I'd end up going 5 star I think. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Just got back from Lara Beach, did the 5* all inclusive and found it great. Only ventured out of the hotel a couple of times and as said above, the shop staff and restaurant staff are very pushy, but I suppose they're just desperate for trade. You just have to give them a firm but cheery 'no thanks' and keep moving... 

There's a row of about 10 big hotels on Lara Beach, we stayed at the Delphin Imperial and have to say it was probably the best all inclusive hotel we've been to, and we've done quite a lot few over the years. The staff were fantastic and the whole hotel was really well organised. 

However, never done Croatia so couldn't comment on that...