Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, Buce said:

These do some great motorhome deals, mate, and they have a sale on atm.

Cheers mate, We did the Motorhome thing in the Northern Territory a few years ago (2016 watched the world cup on my phone at Uluru lol)... came to the conclusion that its not for us. Can usually get decent accommodation at low rates through AirBNB etc, hoping to do a few stops and circle out from a 3/4 day home base, but we'll see if thats possible.

We did a driving round the UK thing in 2009 stopping at a different Travelodge (Yes we are those people) every night. Back then they had rooms for 9 pounds a night, did the whole of the UK for next to nothing :)

These days the old bones appreciate a base to go from :)

• Like 1

I went to Hawaii last Christmas/New Year to celebrate a milestone in life :) Took 18 months plus in planning for a "trip of a lifetime" as I always wanted to go (ever since watching the original Magnum!) It aint cheap but was worth every single penny. Pearl harbour was such an experience. If anyone gets that chance to go take it. I hope to visit again maybe couple of years down the road. So now, back in my real usual world I am heading off to Budapest in a couple of weeks for my annual pilgrimage to a festival called Sziget. Though do have time to explore Budapest itself & visit the Ruins Bars which are a must see should anyone visit.

ALLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AKBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Booked a holiday to Side, Turkey. Been to both Bodrum and Gumbet and really enjoyed going to Turkey so hopefully this is more of the same. The food is just so much better than in Greece in my opinion. 

Spending a few days in ‘sunny’ Ireland ...  beautiful place and friendly people ..  not here long but would definitely come back and have a leisurely drive along the coast.  Drinking with a Noran-eye-lund man in County Kerry and he can’t stop taking the p1ss out of them ...   cus apparently they are a bit thick ...  can’t remember  all his jokes as there were so many ...   “How do you get a Kerry man on the roof of the pub ? ..  tell him the drinks are on the house” ...  and  “The Kerry man rang the airport and asked how long is the flight from Dublin to Birmingham ..  Just a minute said the lady ...   thanks very much he said and hung up” ...  great though ..   all the Kerrymen laughed along with him !! ..    :D

4FCA2CD6-5CE5-41DC-958D-5EFC16A2EA61.jpeg

67F71D0F-3238-4A3A-A5B1-9233312BB5C8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now in NI ...   completely different feel to the south but still a lovely place ...   was on my list of places to visit. Belfast quite a vibrant city and people very friendly ...   staying in the most bombed hotel in Ireland !! ..   :)

Just seen the Giants causeway and had a whizz round the Bushmills distillery..  not a bad whiskey (much smoother than the Scottish stuff) but pocheen has more of a kick !

Came back via these two places ...   any ideas ??  ...  if you’re stuck I suppose I’ve GOT to give you a clue ..  

952740D0-BFAE-48D0-B497-13BD7752DA3A.jpeg

41C2F114-D66A-45C8-9705-E85F9ECCBF8C.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Now in NI ...   completely different feel to the south but still a lovely place ...   was on my list of places to visit. Belfast quite a vibrant city and people very friendly ...   staying in the most bombed hotel in Ireland !! ..   :)

Just seen the Giants causeway and had a whizz round the Bushmills distillery..  not a bad whiskey (much smoother than the Scottish stuff) but pocheen has more of a kick !

Came back via these two places ...   any ideas ??  ...  if you’re stuck I suppose I’ve GOT to give you a clue ..  

Dunluce castle and Carrick Island.

47 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Very close to Portrush Golf Club where they just had the Open I think?

21 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Is that dragon stone?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Prob been asked before but anyone recommend Krakow? How much is a pint and average meal? Also is it worth going?

Yep, great city. I can’t remember an exact price but it is very cheap, meals about £25 for 2 people for a decent one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

Is that dragon stone?

Well done that man !! ...  the castle and the bridge were both used in GoT !

I asked a woman who was with us what they were used as in the series ..   she said ..   I haven’t actually watched it but I believe the castle was where the Iron brew family lived ..   lollol

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Prob been asked before but anyone recommend Krakow? How much is a pint and average meal? Also is it worth going?

You know you've got your priorities straight when this is the first question you ask about visiting anywhere lol :beer:

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

All done now on my little Irish tour ..  had a great time.   Was very surprised that a lot of people from the south wished they could brexit too ..   although they did well to start with they thought they could progress better if they left.  Also, I think it will take the next generation to finally resolve the Northern Ireland problem ...   as it still simmers under the surface ..   imo.

And ...   I poked about with a question I had relating to the Shankill Butchers ...  the most prolific group of serial killers ever in the UK, who tortured, mutilated and killed their victims using the troubles to mask their crimes. I tried to talk to a good friend of someone I knew who was involved with the case.  This person was in the RUC at the time and all I wanted to know was did they know who the butchers were and if so why didn’t they do anything about it.    Wow !  ..  even though this was over 40 years ago what a sore point ! ...  it turns out although most of them were caught and jailed ..  they are out now and walking the streets !!    Time to go !

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’m here currently and it’s outrageously cheap and has a lot of cool places to eat and drink. I went to Marcin Wasilewskis favourite steak restaurant and it was about £18 for my steak and a couple beers/wines 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Arrived back on Friday. Great place to visit. A beer cost anywhere between £1.50-2.50. I had a meal in a nice pasta restaurant, starter/main + 2 beers for £15. Bars & cafes everywhere so competitive prices. Take a walk to Kazimierz ( Jewish quarter ) to get away from the more crowded Old Town area. Auschwitz-Birkinhau trip is a must too. Krakow is wonderful and would go back. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I’m here currently and it’s outrageously cheap and has a lot of cool places to eat and drink. I went to Marcin Wasilewskis favourite steak restaurant and it was about £18 for my steak and a couple beers/wines 

I thought you we had from insta. Looks cool and thanks for the response.

43 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Arrived back on Friday. Great place to visit. A beer cost anywhere between £1.50-2.50. I had a meal in a nice pasta restaurant, starter/main + 2 beers for £15. Bars & cafes everywhere so competitive prices. Take a walk to Kazimierz ( Jewish quarter ) to get away from the more crowded Old Town area. Auschwitz-Birkinhau trip is a must too. Krakow is wonderful and would go back. 

Cool think we’ll go early next year.

• Like 1