Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Indeed I did. Massive that place and I don't think it's even the biggest Park in the City.

Yeah just a tad bigger than Vicky Park haha!  

 

Only visited once but would like to go back one day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone looking for euros? john Lewis have a fantastic rate on today, far better than everyone else it seems by a mile. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2019 at 15:43, Raj said:

Week in Devon count???!!!

Of course is does, enjoy!

 

Where abouts in Devon? Last time I was there was when I was a teenager, would love to go back in the future but its a ball ache to get to for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woolacombe area. Never been before but heard good things about the region. Not looking forward to the 4 hour drive and getting the kids up at 6 o clock!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Raj said:

Woolacombe area. Never been before but heard good things about the region. Not looking forward to the 4 hour drive and getting the kids up at 6 o clock!!!!

Woolacombe beach is fantastic. Get half decent weather and you're sorted 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

getting a 600 quid payout because we missed our connection on the way to brazil. 

 

return flights didn’t even cost 400 quid. free holiday. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to Milan for the weekend late September. Heard it's a bit of a weird place but if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

 

Hopefully able to get a game in it I can find the fixtures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Off to Iceland in December with the Wife, Monday to Friday any recommendations on what to do whilst there? 

Jesus...that's a long time!!

I only need 15 minutes then shopping done..

Cheese fritters,I can well recommend,and a visit down the fish aisle..:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Jesus...that's a long time!!

I only need 15 minutes then shopping done..

Cheese fritters,I can well recommend,and a visit down the fish aisle..:P

New someone would make that reference :P i've heard the blue lagoon n northern lights are a must but it would be great to hear from some fans who have been there. It will be a special occasion as its the wife's 30th Bday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Off to Iceland in December with the Wife, Monday to Friday any recommendations on what to do whilst there? 

Seriously...

Tour the frozen waterfalls,and a night 

Trying to chase the northern lights.

I went many years ago,so I sure prices and tours on offer will have changed.

Try asking to go in small groups..or just by day Taxi alone. Then try to do some

Snowmobiling...great fun and sporty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

New someone would make that reference :P i've heard the blue lagoon n northern lights are a must but it would be great to hear from some fans who have been there. It will be a special occasion as its the wife's 30th Bday!

Just spoke to a mate,he was there 2 years ago...In December..New-year.

He told me something I knew but wasn't sure of prices..that there are other lagoons, also blue and half the price..Plus you can  make Whale watching tours in December..

He booked the NY festival night,before he went..and said one should book Restaurants before you go to Iceland,they get full.He was 3 nights in hotel,and 5 night in a holiday flat..Cooking mostly then for themselves .They also did a recommended pub crawl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:47, Fox92 said:

Just got back from New York. First time I'd ever been. Tried to cram in as much sightseeing as possible. So hot though, especially when you're walking around.

one of the best places I've been to, its huge though loved taking a stroll through central park in the morning, a lot to do and see.. the 9/11 thing is pretty epic as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2019 at 09:47, Fox92 said:

Just got back from New York. First time I'd ever been. Tried to cram in as much sightseeing as possible. So hot though, especially when you're walking around.

Crazy city.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Crazy city.

It is. So many crazy people too. I was on the subway and then this group just burst into song and dancing on the carriage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 16:25, ousefox said:

Going to Milan for the weekend late September. Heard it's a bit of a weird place but if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

 

Hopefully able to get a game in it I can find the fixtures. 

Visited Milan last year.  Flew into Bergamo airport and stayed in Bergamo for a couple of nights.  Lovely place in itself.  Easy to get into Milan on public transport and do the sites or just chill and watch the world go by.  Accommodation more expensive in Milan but ok. 

 

Easy to get to the lakes - Como especially.  Worth a day out if you have the time.

 

We really enjoyed our time there.  Let me know if you want more info.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mrs and I are looking to go abroad next summer, our son will be two years old then.

 

Any recommendations for family/kids types places and hotels?

We thought maybe Portugal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The Mrs and I are looking to go abroad next summer, our son will be two years old then.

 

Any recommendations for family/kids types places and hotels?

We thought maybe Portugal.

Yeah Portugal is a great shout. I used to go to the Algarve a lot with my family. I love the place. 

Edited by Fox92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah Portugal is a great shout. I used to go to the Algarve a lot with my family. I love the place. 

Any places in particular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Any places in particular?

I used to go places right on the cost like Albuferia. The strip seems to be a big thing there now though which I don't think it was back then. I'd imagine most of the Algarve is great though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Any places in particular?

Monte Gordo is nice enough. I've stayed in Altura as well, but less to do. Definitely take a look at the former though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off camping to Bala in Snowdonia. Weather forecast looks like rain though :revenge: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...