Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Indeed I did. Massive that place and I don't think it's even the biggest Park in the City.

Yeah just a tad bigger than Vicky Park haha!  

Only visited once but would like to go back one day. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 15:43, Raj said:

Week in Devon count???!!!

Of course is does, enjoy!

Where abouts in Devon? Last time I was there was when I was a teenager, would love to go back in the future but its a ball ache to get to for me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Raj said:

Woolacombe area. Never been before but heard good things about the region. Not looking forward to the 4 hour drive and getting the kids up at 6 o clock!!!!

Woolacombe beach is fantastic. Get half decent weather and you're sorted 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Off to Iceland in December with the Wife, Monday to Friday any recommendations on what to do whilst there? 

Jesus...that's a long time!!

I only need 15 minutes then shopping done..

Cheese fritters,I can well recommend,and a visit down the fish aisle..:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Jesus...that's a long time!!

I only need 15 minutes then shopping done..

Cheese fritters,I can well recommend,and a visit down the fish aisle..:P

New someone would make that reference :P i've heard the blue lagoon n northern lights are a must but it would be great to hear from some fans who have been there. It will be a special occasion as its the wife's 30th Bday!

9 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Off to Iceland in December with the Wife, Monday to Friday any recommendations on what to do whilst there? 

Seriously...

Tour the frozen waterfalls,and a night 

Trying to chase the northern lights.

I went many years ago,so I sure prices and tours on offer will have changed.

Try asking to go in small groups..or just by day Taxi alone. Then try to do some

Snowmobiling...great fun and sporty.

57 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

New someone would make that reference :P i've heard the blue lagoon n northern lights are a must but it would be great to hear from some fans who have been there. It will be a special occasion as its the wife's 30th Bday!

Just spoke to a mate,he was there 2 years ago...In December..New-year.

He told me something I knew but wasn't sure of prices..that there are other lagoons, also blue and half the price..Plus you can  make Whale watching tours in December..

He booked the NY festival night,before he went..and said one should book Restaurants before you go to Iceland,they get full.He was 3 nights in hotel,and 5 night in a holiday flat..Cooking mostly then for themselves .They also did a recommended pub crawl.  

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:47, Fox92 said:

Just got back from New York. First time I'd ever been. Tried to cram in as much sightseeing as possible. So hot though, especially when you're walking around.

one of the best places I've been to, its huge though loved taking a stroll through central park in the morning, a lot to do and see.. the 9/11 thing is pretty epic as well

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 16:25, ousefox said:

Going to Milan for the weekend late September. Heard it's a bit of a weird place but if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Hopefully able to get a game in it I can find the fixtures. 

Visited Milan last year.  Flew into Bergamo airport and stayed in Bergamo for a couple of nights.  Lovely place in itself.  Easy to get into Milan on public transport and do the sites or just chill and watch the world go by.  Accommodation more expensive in Milan but ok. 

Easy to get to the lakes - Como especially.  Worth a day out if you have the time.

We really enjoyed our time there.  Let me know if you want more info.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The Mrs and I are looking to go abroad next summer, our son will be two years old then.

Any recommendations for family/kids types places and hotels?

We thought maybe Portugal.

Yeah Portugal is a great shout. I used to go to the Algarve a lot with my family. I love the place. 

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Any places in particular?

I used to go places right on the cost like Albuferia. The strip seems to be a big thing there now though which I don't think it was back then. I'd imagine most of the Algarve is great though.