Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just spent the day up a glacier at a place called Olden ...   stunning.

I assume that a mate of mine was on this same cruise last week. Went for a week from Southampton and mentioned Stavanger and Olden.

22 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I assume that a mate of mine was on this same cruise last week. Went for a week from Southampton and mentioned Stavanger and Olden.

Thats the one Alf ...  one more stop in Bergen and then back to Blighty ...  thought I was going to see the fid-jawds last year when we went on a Baltic cruise ..   but we didn’t  ..    cus it was a Baltic cruise   ..  (Clue was in the title really :unsure:) ..   doh !!      So, finally got to go on the cruise I wanted to go on in the first place ..  but, in hindsight....  if I could only go on one I would have chosen the Baltic one ..  less scenic but far more interesting ...  :thumbup:     Both good trips though and I think me and Mrs CF are all cruised out now.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Thats the one Alf ...  one more stop in Bergen and then back to Blighty ...  thought I was going to see the fid-jawds last year when we went on a Baltic cruise ..   but we didn’t  ..    cus it was a Baltic cruise   ..  (Clue was in the title really :unsure:) ..   doh !!      So, finally got to go on the cruise I wanted to go on in the first place ..  but, in hindsight....  if I could only go on one I would have chosen the Baltic one ..  less scenic but far more interesting ...  :thumbup:     Both good trips though and I think me and Mrs CF are all cruised out now.

My mate and his missus enjoyed it, he said, apart from the time getting up there (2.5 days?). I'll mention your Baltic trip to him as I know they intend to go back to see Copenhagen and Sweden some time.

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just spent the day up a glacier at a place called Olden ...   stunning.

Nice, loved the time I spent in Tromso. 

I want to get a camper van and spend a few weeks driving around Norway.

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Funnily enough Bucey it has receded a lot lately ...  

Yeah, bad puns aside, that's what I was getting at - global warming is doing it to glaciers all over the world.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Yeah, bad puns aside, that's what I was getting at - global warming is doing it to glaciers all over the world.

I know mate ..  I knew you knew but didn’t reply properly ..  :).   Was discussing it over a beer earlier..  

• Like 1

Didn't realise Greece now charge an overnight tax in their hotels to be paid to the hotel owner, I believe its an incremental charge depending on the grade of your hotel, 4 euro's per room per night for us.

So turkey have you with the £20 visa charge, now Greece, aren't we missing a trick here?

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

Didn't realise Greece now charge an overnight tax in their hotels to be paid to the hotel owner, I believe its an incremental charge depending on the grade of your hotel, 4 euro's per room per night for us.

So turkey have you with the £20 visa charge, now Greece, aren't we missing a trick here?

Quite a few holiday places do that. Years ago in Majorca we had to pay 1 euro a night.