Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

18 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Was going this weekend,but I’ve now got to go to UCL to look at Universities with the daughter.

plenty more Una stalking opportunities in the future !!

I've probably asked you before but which local restaurants would you recommend? We are thinking the Duncow tomorrow evening in Salthouse. Need somewhere for Friday.

20 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Guys, talk to me about Copenhagen. What can I do? Is it as expensive as they say? Will I freeze to death in November? Hit me.

Only had 24 hours there for the City game but found a place serving pints for £2.50-£3 a pint. You just have to do your research beforehand if you don't want to get stung.

38 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Only had 24 hours there for the City game but found a place serving pints for £2.50-£3 a pint. You just have to do your research beforehand if you don't want to get stung.

Any chance you remember the name? Deffo will do some research and will only

be there for two days so hardly going to be breaking the bank spending a few quid here or there.

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I've probably asked you before but which local restaurants would you recommend? We are thinking the Duncow tomorrow evening in Salthouse. Need somewhere for Friday.

Dun Cow if we go out or the Blue Bell Langham.If you can get in.

just inland from Cley.

Nice walk at Glandford nearby( starts at Cley spy ) Fields,woods,streams and tea shop with homemade cake

4 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Dun Cow if we go out or the Blue Bell Langham.If you can get in.

just inland from Cley.

Nice walk at Glandford nearby( starts at Cley spy ) Fields,woods,streams and tea shop with homemade cake

How do you pronounce Cley? I always thought it was clay but some say cly.

On 01/09/2018 at 07:52, Strokes said:

We came back from Crete just over a week ago and although it was a magnificent resort and lovey hotel, I don’t think it’s worth booking in high season. Next year I’ll take the fines for taking the kids out of school, it ruins you holiday when the places are so crowded and you have to get up early to get sun beds etc.

Has anyone been to Riga in Latvia before? I’m arranging a stag party and considering it as a location.

Hi Strokes - been to Crete quite a few times, love the place.  Always travel around different areas.  Always go either June or Sept.  Easier to get around and people have more time for you.  Depends what you're looking for.  Off again in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2018 at 21:16, Ozwin said:

Guys, talk to me about Copenhagen. What can I do? Is it as expensive as they say? Will I freeze to death in November? Hit me.

Like others, I went over for a couple of days for the game.  We stayed away from the 'recommended' pubs - the English Bar, Scottish Pub etc.  There are plenty of good bars if you google, or just wander around, for example https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/top-10-beer-bars .  Depends on if you want night life or good beer etc. or both.  For something a bit quirky there is War Pigs - good beer and roast meats - and rock music.  I can't remember many due to the alcoholic haze.

There is plenty to look at, including the famous Tivoli Gardens.  Transport is good.

Rick Stein did one of his Long weekends from Copenhagen.  Not sure if that's still available on the BBC, Youtube etc.  Even if you are not into food, you get a flavour of what is around Copenhagen.

The downside is that yes, I did find it expensive, but it was the Champion's League so worth every penny.

15 hours ago, Manini said:

As mentioned, I’m going to Benidorm all inclusive for 4 nights next month. How much would people who have been before recommend taking cash wise? I was thinking about £400? Don’t want to leave myself short whilst over there. 

Bring your credit card, whats the worst that could happen?

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Just booked a 3 night stay in Paris with the Mrs for our anniversary in January. She wants to do the Disney stuff but we'll only have time to go to one of the 2 parks. Has anyone been to them? Which would you recommend we spend the day in?

I've only been to Disney Orlando but my understanding is that one of the Paris Parks is equivalent to Magic Kingdom and the other similar to Hollywood Studios.

If your Mrs is into all the Disney stuff and the characters then you'd probably be better off at the Disneyland Park which has the same attractions/lands as Magic Kingdom. 

The Walt Disney Studios Park (similar to Hollywood Studios) is generally more for adults I'd say as it has a couple of thrill rides/roller coasters. 

If she wants the traditional Disney experience then I'd say you're better off with Disneyland Park

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Manini said:

As mentioned, I’m going to Benidorm all inclusive for 4 nights next month. How much would people who have been before recommend taking cash wise? I was thinking about £400? Don’t want to leave myself short whilst over there. 

£400 should be fine mate. Unless you’re planning on not making use of the all inclusive facilities in the day.