Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

Quite a few holiday places do that. Years ago in Majorca we had to pay 1 euro a night.

Really, come across this in Banff, Canada, when inside their national parks but nowhere else as far as I can remember. Greece have introduced this tax this year. 

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

Really, come across this in Banff, Canada, when inside their national parks but nowhere else as far as I can remember. Greece have introduced this tax this year. 

I've paid tourist tax in Majorca and Malta 

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Cuba makes you pay $20 US dollars or something along those lines per person at the airport. Well at least when i was there in 2012 they did.

The US make you pay £14 each before entering the country. Their ETSA/waiver/Visa thing.

Bit cheeky really..

On 06/06/2018 at 16:49, Costock_Fox said:

Nice, loved the time I spent in Tromso. 

I want to get a camper van and spend a few weeks driving around Norway.

I did Norway/sweden (7weeks) with a Camper ca 25yrs ago,plus from Bergen taking a 7day Postship Cruise.

Taking in the Natural Drop off Points for the locals,Up to the Northern vicinities.

Cheaper than the normal Cruises,Nice way to to mix with the local working-travelling Singles or families,

Pick Up info or have great Chats,outside the Tourist world.

My Kids were then 3-4yrs old they both Loved watching the harbour-workings,or quiet back water,

Towns with some great various nature Sites and animal experiences.Sleeping at unaccustomed Times,

Eating sometimes (Not everday.mostly on request) with the Crew. Stopping off for 10/20/70 minutes.

Once Swimming with local Kids,at 7:00hrs in the morning,water fresh but Suprisingly Not cold.

Eating real  local Cuisine,(on the ship and small Fish towns) and international.

Unfortunately the Snack places,when travelling with the Camper Tended to be Americanised.

Though mostly we obviously  cooked ourselves.

Sometimes Funny situations,Like being only 1-3 kms from a settlement,across a Fjord,but having

to Drive 20-40 kms around to Reach it...Though sometimes we did Parkup,and Signal to be rowed

over in small boat for a Short /Long Stop over.....

34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I did Norway/sweden (7weeks) with a Camper ca 25yrs ago,plus from Bergen taking a 7day Postship Cruise.

Taking in the Natural Drop off Points for the locals,Up to the Northern vicinities.

Cheaper than the normal Cruises,Nice way to to mix with the local working-travelling Singles or families,

Pick Up info or have great Chats,outside the Tourist world.

My Kids were then 3-4yrs old they both Loved watching the harbour-workings,or quiet back water,

Towns with some great various nature Sites and animal experiences.Sleeping at unaccustomed Times,

Eating sometimes (Not everday.mostly on request) with the Crew. Stopping off for 10/20/70 minutes.

Once Swimming with local Kids,at 7:00hrs in the morning,water fresh but Suprisingly Not cold.

Eating real  local Cuisine,(on the ship and small Fish towns) and international.

Unfortunately the Snack places,when travelling with the Camper Tended to be Americanised.

Though mostly we obviously  cooked ourselves.

Sometimes Funny situations,Like being only 1-3 kms from a settlement,across a Fjord,but having

to Drive 20-40 kms around to Reach it...Though sometimes we did Parkup,and Signal to be rowed

over in small boat for a Short /Long Stop over.....

Nice one, sounds great. Really fancy doing it.

6 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Off to Madrid for a few days on Tuesday - anybody been and have any recommendations for places to visit (already got a tour of the bernabeu booked, as well as a tour of the Royal Palace)?

Go see a good flamenco ,then an intimate small Club flamenco night ,also that go into the  early hrs...

Internet will give you the Tourist and local gauntlets and haunts...

• Like 1

Got the Itinery sorted for week 2 of my Cambodia trip, the highlight being spending a day looking after rescued Elephants in a jungle sanctuary. I’m not going to be able to move for rich kids on gap years playing the bongos.

• Haha 1

This may be a long-shot, but I am going to go camping with my girlfriend for a few days next month.We are planning to go around the Swanage/Jurassic Coast area. I have been here before (about 7 years ago). I'ts a nice part of England. I love the geology and rock formations along the coast. 

Does anyone have recommendations for campsites, or any other sites to see in this area, or nice villages with pubs? Thanks.

On 16/06/2018 at 12:56, maynefox said:

This may be a long-shot, but I am going to go camping with my girlfriend for a few days next month.We are planning to go around the Swanage/Jurassic Coast area. I have been here before (about 7 years ago). I'ts a nice part of England. I love the geology and rock formations along the coast. 

Does anyone have recommendations for campsites, or any other sites to see in this area, or nice villages with pubs? Thanks.

https://www.campsites.co.uk/search/campsites-on-the-jurassic-coast

just Got back from Bordeaux.

what a fantastic and interesting City.

Bit busy with the wine festival this weekend though.

Wine tours in st Emilion and I’ve realised I’m not very good at tasting wine and their qualities.

Been in A&E this afternoon after an accident even before a drink.

France has caused me more injuries than England!!!

7 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

just Got back from Bordeaux.

what a fantastic and interesting City.

Bit busy with the wine festival this weekend though.

Wine tours in st Emilion and I’ve realised I’m not very good at tasting wine and their qualities.

Been in A&E this afternoon after an accident even before a drink.

France has caused me more injuries than England!!!

What did you do mate? Hope you are ok.

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What did you do mate? Hope you are ok.

It’s funny.

shiny paths in Bordeaux and someone had spilt a drink and I went down like a sack of shite and landed awkwardly on my arm.

Then fainted twice!

what an idiot,never done that before.

ligament and muscle damage.

Ryannair isn’t the plane for carrying an injury!

3 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

It’s funny.

shiny paths in Bordeaux and someone had spilt a drink and I went down like a sack of shite and landed awkwardly on my arm.

Then fainted twice!

what an idiot,never done that before.

ligament and muscle damage.

Ryannair isn’t the plane for carrying an injury!

Lol you muppet.

Funny last night, had to pick my mum up from the NEC and she got a bit lost so I had to ring her and she was still non the wiser. I asked her if she could see any signs and asked what they said but she couldn’t see any. I was then greeted by loads of rustling, about 10 seconds later she comes back on the phone “Just tripped over a sign” ? was absolutely howling.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lol you muppet.

Funny last night, had to pick my mum up from the NEC and she got a bit lost so I had to ring her and she was still non the wiser. I asked her if she could see any signs and asked what they said but she couldn’t see any. I was then greeted by loads of rustling, about 10 seconds later she comes back on the phone “Just tripped over a sign” ? was absolutely howling.

We would make a good couple ?

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

After seeing some posts on here I have decided to go to Annecy next year. Will get the train down but does anyone have any hotel recommendations? I am thinking of Airbnb atm

Not for Annecy,but we used Airbnb and couldn’t fault it.

Just sorted a week in Madeira at the start of October. Any recommendations?

My missus will testify that I'm pretty shit at relaxing so up for anything that doesn't involve sunbathing. Already seen there's a Cristiano Ronaldo museum in Funchal. lol

Also decent bars/restaurants etc would be welcome.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Just sorted a week in Madeira at the start of October. Any recommendations?

My missus will testify that I'm pretty shit at relaxing so up for anything that doesn't involve sunbathing. Already seen there's a Cristiano Ronaldo museum in Funchal. lol

Also decent bars/restaurants etc would be welcome.

I think @Strokes went earlier this year.

If you can find the conversation, I recommended a couple of books to him.

• Thanks 1