Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Was up there a few weeks ago ...   try the Worlds End pub, which is very close to you on the Royal Mile ...   good beer and nice atmosphere.   We went to 3 other places after that, all within walking distance but I’m buggered if I can remember the name of any of them ...   :)

No connection there, I'm sure...

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sticky Vicky> quiet meal

She's retired now, daughter has taken over.

Did you know sticky Vicky was married to the Benidorm chief of police?

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I never heard of Sticky Vicky so I decided to look her up on Wikipedia.  Apparently,  Vicky's daughter first saw the show when she was 13.  Jesus Christ.  

Bring your kid to work day. 

37 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I never heard of Sticky Vicky so I decided to look her up on Wikipedia.  Apparently,  Vicky's daughter first saw the show when she was 13.  Jesus Christ.  

She participated in it before she was even 1 believe it or not, sickening.

• Haha 1

On 07/08/2018 at 20:40, buzzer_b said:

Not really a holiday but more of a break. Going York this weekend with the wench for two days. Can anyone recommend any decent places to eat, see, etc?

Great choice - I was at uni there for three years and miss the place like mad.

Having been there as a student, I'm best placed to recommend places to drink :thumbup:

The House of Trembling Madness is a really interesting place to go for a drink. If you want to get silly drunk, go for a Shed 7 at Evil Eye (costs a tenner, but you won't need much more for a while afterwards!) There are some decent places along the river - quite a range too. Revs is decent in the day with a big-ish outdoor bit if the weather is nice, and the same for Pitcher & Piano. But if you want cheap treble vodkas, you're looking at Lowther or Stone Roses (great place). Micklegate has a load of places too.

In terms of food, Kennedy's used to be really nice. I think they changed the menu up a few times and it's been a wile since I was around, but it never let me down at the time.

Classic York things to see would be The Shambles, Stonegate, the Minster, the Castle, Clifford's Tower, Jorvik (Viking) Centre, York Dungeons... etc etc

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, I'm happy for the excuse to take a trip down memory lane anyway!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...