Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

He said in the country, not world.

Whatever it was it's pretty funny to claim a geographical place has a higher quality of Burger.

My ideal burger is just decent quality minced beef maybe 10-20% fat with some slightly caramelised fried onion and a large sesame seed topped white bap. Perhaps a little ground pepper in with the beef. I very lightly toast the inside of the bap just to stop it going too soggy. Normally just have it with salad as there's plenty of calories in a decent sized burger unless I've been doing a lot of physical activity in which case either onion rings or fries or both. The burger itself I like to still be a bit pink in the middle.

Most of these "gourmet" burgers have too much going on, the burger itself cannot be tasted as it's overpowered with sauce or chilli and the bun is often far too small for the burger / the burger stacked far too high so it is impossible to eat with just fingers. Having to eat a burger with knife and fork is like sitting down for the whole match at the football or wearing socks with your sandals.

lol

I think I've heard it all now, you must have a beef fillet in Buenos Aires, whisky in Scotland, falafel in Haifa, jerk chicken in the carribean.

Oh and a burger in London.

These places must be making a fortune shovelling this out at massively extortionate prices.

But it's a fact? The only place that people claim is good in Leics is Byron.

In London you have decent burger bars everywhere

Go get breakfast at Blue Plate Cafe too! 

Just out of interest, how long are you there for? What're you doing?

I've driven past there a couple of times on poplar ave.  Is it better the Cracker Barrel?

I go to Memphis about 3-4 times a year as part of my job, so i'm working.  I'm there till friday!!

I've driven past there a couple of times on poplar ave. Is it better the Cracker Barrel?

I go to Memphis about 3-4 times a year as part of my job, so i'm working. I'm there till friday!!

I think so, just my opinion though. Great pancakes.

I'm heading out in May for a week, can't wait!

The Stateside burger is very good at the Slug and Lettuce! Standard lettuce/tomato, sizeable burger (forgot the ounce size but it is big) mushrooms, bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce, onion rings and coleslaw! Very recommended!

I had a dream of a burger when skiing in Val Thorens. Cheese and bacon etc ... think it was because I was so hungry/hungover as to why it was one of the best burgers I've ever had!

But it's a fact? The only place that people claim is good in Leics is Byron.

In London you have decent burger bars everywhere

You're not wrong. I'm astounded at how difficult it is to get a decent burger in Leicestershire. Absolutely unacceptable and why I'll be making and serving my own within the near future. Accountancy can eat shit.

You're not wrong. I'm astounded at how difficult it is to get a decent burger in Leicestershire. Absolutely unacceptable and why I'll be making and serving my own within the near future. Accountancy can eat shit.

You can barely get a decent steak in Leicestershire, we had a business partner come over from Australia a year or so back and actually took the train to down to London for a meal before coming back up here as he wanted an excellent piece of fillet.

I do look forward to trying one of your burgers though.

You can barely get a decent steak in Leicestershire, we had a business partner come over from Australia a year or so back and actually took the train to down to London for a meal before coming back up here as he wanted an excellent piece of fillet.

I do look forward to trying one of your burgers though.

Best steak I've had was in Bath, at a place called Hudsons. Not had better anywhere else.

I have started making pizza burgers as well. Cook your patty a few mins on each side, top with some cheese, tomato sauce, bacon and caramelised onions and then enclose in bread dough and roll in to a cob shaped ball. Flatten the top slightly and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins. After 10 mins brush top of cob with some more tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni and cook for another 5-10 mins.

A fcukin party in the gob.

I have started making pizza burgers as well. Cook your patty a few mins on each side, top with some cheese, tomato sauce, bacon and caramelised onions and then enclose in bread dough and roll in to a cob shaped ball. Flatten the top slightly and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins. After 10 mins brush top of cob with some more tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni and cook for another 5-10 mins.

A fcukin party in the gob.

Oh god that sounds good.

Archived