Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

Anywhere else in sheepland you would recommend?

I would love to recommend a place but can't really think of anywhere which is outstanding. I keep comparing any burger establishment to an Honest burger in London nothing can compete. Maybe you might like the Forge.

Anybody who goes to London at some point must go to Honest there are a few of the them. I went to the one near St Pancaras Station. They use a patty of the highest quality and the bun is so soft. 

Hudson's in Cape Town is sensational if anyone's ever in the area. Ice cold lager and a burger for about £4, I stayed in there about 5 hours and got bollocksed.

Also Mel's in Earlsfield, South West London is an absolute hidden gem.

This place? http://www.foodandfuel.co.uk/our-pubs/mels-vintage-beats-breakfast-earlsfield/find-us/

That's right by my flat! I'll have to try it.

Are you sure?

1C6567713-110705-largest-hamburger2-5a.b

Here’s a breakdown to help wrap your brain around the 1,375,000-calorie meat monstrosity:

• 3 feet thick and 5 feet in diameter
  • More than 600 pounds of beef (about the size of a small cow)
  • 30 pounds of lettuce
  • 12 pounds of pickles
  • 20 pounds of onions
  • 28-inch thick, 110-pound bun

The onion rings in Byron are incredible! Any one been to shake shack in Covent Garden? heard its delightful!

Also anyone that's been to Vegas must of seen 'the heart attack grill' on fremont street, that place is something else you get your meal for free if you are over 350lbs you get weighed when you go in!

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Make your own:

Pack of Minced Beef 10% Fat

2 x Slices of Bread ground into crumbs

Coarse ground black Pepper

1 x Pack of Stilton / Red Leicester / Mature Cheddar (grated)

Mixed herbage

1 x Egg to bind it all together

Mix it all together and shape into large burgers.

BBQ or Oven Cook

GTFI

Just noticed that Marco Pierre White is opening an Italian-American restaurant in the Mercure hotel on Granby St. Will do pizza, pasta, hot dogs & burgers (at extortionate prices no doubt).

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Celebrity-chef-Marco-Pierre-White-open-new/story-25854344-detail/story.html

Shite.

So instead of a high class steak restaurant like in Nottingham that we are gagging for in Leicester we get a glorified fast food venue.

I tried the Flaming burger from Byron tonight. Very tasty, spicy but not too overpowering, you can make it hotter as they have their new own brand hot sauce on the table. Also tried the Oreo-Malted milkshake which sorted out my sweet tooth. Easily the best burger you can get in Leicester.

Make your own:

Pack of Minced Beef 10% Fat

2 x Slices of Bread ground into crumbs

Coarse ground black Pepper

1 x Pack of Stilton / Red Leicester / Mature Cheddar (grated)

Mixed herbage

1 x Egg to bind it all together

Mix it all together and shape into large burgers.

BBQ or Oven Cook

GTFI

You want a cut of meat with more than 10% fat. If you get a good quality meat that is freshly minced then you don't need any egg or breadcrumbs to help bind it. Simply 160g of minced steak, I use chuck steak and rib eye minced from the butchers as a blend. It has a good amount of fat. Use a lot of salt on both sides of the patty to form a good crust and some course black pepper. That is all you ever need for the burger itself. Then go mad on making some condiments and sides for it. I've been making bacon chilli jam for the past year and it's immense.

Archived