Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

Seemed standard for Belgian beer when I went in, around £4-6 a beer.

I nearly added "it's probably just because it's Belgian beer, which seems to be a license to stick a quid onto the pint of a price" :D I like Belgian beer, I just think it's overpriced in general over here and you can get just as nice beer for cheaper.

Plus, the last time I went there was for the leaving drinks of someone I didn't really like in the hope that at least some of it would be expensed. It wasn't. Those kind of scars don't heal.

That was the plan. We were meant to go to Honest Burgers near kings cross then booze at the Euston Tap. However we got to the tap and just kept drinking, then went to O'Neils and carried on without getting any food. So the only thing that I ate all day was a poverty cheeseburger at the wetherspoons at 12pm big big mistake.

Nothing wrong with a spoons beef gourmet.

Oh, and get to The Cattle Grid in all - incredible gaff.

Cheers geezer, up there this weekend and planning some culinary debauchery for what I'm sure will be a long Saturday.

Still we'll be the talk of the town if we win.

Just clocked the Cattle Grid menu - looks outrageous.

They have one in Balham too that I've been meaning to get to. They opened one in Soho in 2009 (I'm pretty sure it was the same people because the branding was the same as Balham) and I went a couple of times for Friday lunch. Incredible ribs. Then I recommended it to the team, we all went there, and it took 90 minutes for the food to come. Closed down about two weeks later lol

Guest seanfox778

Fine tuned the Pizza Burger this weekend, absolutely killed it. This will be my signature burger.

You are a genius sir. They look incredible!

Guest seanfox778

Carl's Jr use tasty buns

The first American fast food burger to not contain hormones and steroids!? That is a scary statement!

went to a real tidy joint in warsaw on saturday. bobby's burgers. very solid 7 out of 10. good sized burger, well cooked bacon, soft bun but crispy outer edge, tangy homemade special sauce, healthy portion of chilli chips and a pint of 11% polish lager for 30 zloty (about £5.50) which was pretty sick. nuts that you'd almost deffo be looking at treble that here. 

went to a real tidy joint in warsaw on saturday. bobby's burgers. very solid 7 out of 10. good sized burger, well cooked bacon, soft bun but crispy outer edge, tangy homemade special sauce, healthy portion of chilli chips and a pint of 11% polish lager for 30 zloty (about £5.50) which was pretty sick. nuts that you'd almost deffo be looking at treble that here.

Tangy homemade special sauce :knockynotnice:

Eating out in poor countries is brilliant. On the slopes at Pamporovo I had a fantastic fresh-made char-grilled cheese burger with grilled bun, big portion of proper steak-cut chips topped with a mound of feta and a pint of the local lager Kamenitza - 13 lev… £5.20. And that's on the ski slopes where prices are a premium. A decent pizza covered in whatever you want elsewhere is about 9 lev, or £3.60

Yeah I did skiing in Bulgaria last winter, pretty similar prices to Warsaw really. Always fun to feel rich for a week or so, especially as usually it's proper nice food and beer too.

I think I spent more on frankfurters feeding the local stray dogs than I did my own dinners

Eating out in poor countries is brilliant. On the slopes at Pamporovo I had a fantastic fresh-made char-grilled cheese burger with grilled bun, big portion of proper steak-cut chips topped with a mound of feta and a pint of the local lager Kamenitza - 13 lev… £5.20. And that's on the ski slopes where prices are a premium. A decent pizza covered in whatever you want elsewhere is about 9 lev, or £3.60

Bulgaria is dirt cheap to eat at. when we were in Sunny Beach a couple of years ago we had a meal for 5 (nothing fancy) and a round of drinks for the equivalent of £14.

Archived