Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

7 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

You might die later than most of us but, fcuk me you'd be miserable. 

prob die pretty soon now theyve started putting metal in quorn mince as a punishment for buying quorn mince

11 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Preachy vegetarians and vegans are the absolute scum of the earth. Proper busy little fvckers 

This.

All jokes aside, don't give a toss what people choose to eat. But pushy veggies with their clutching at straws factoids and misleading graphs  can get in the bin.

Don't want to eat meat? Don't. That's cool. More for me.

But want to tell me we're not supposed to eat meat when we've done it solidly throughout our evolution as omnivorous animals, when our closest living relatives love hunting down an invading monkey posse, killing and eating them, when you can live nicely for 100+ years on a balanced mixed diet? Shut up.

Nobody's saying don't eat your greens and your bran. Just toss in some nice protein rich steak n'all. Lovely.

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Tbf to Buce, he's never really pushed his vegetarianism.

Thanks, Webbo.

It's a thread about burgers - I didn't think publishing a vegetarian alternative would upset so many people.

To clarify my position, though: I'm not a vegetarian on ethical grounds, it's a lifestyle health choice. I do not have an agenda or any problem with meat eaters, but I will respond to people trying to ridicule or diminish my lifestyle choices.

On 1 March 2017 at 18:41, Percy Thrower said:

OK, bringing my little girl to her first ever LCFC match on Saturday. A momentous day! 

What's the best 2017 option for a pre-match (city centre) sit down burger for a lunch date on this special occasion? 

Crafty looks good but only serves after 6pm if I'm reading that correct?

What's next best option? Byron? Somewhere I can get a pint at the same time is a bonus.

So dragging this back to my question of where take my little girl to eat pre-match tomorrow , the findings are thus:

1) Meatcure is Awesome / Shit / Amazing / Overrated / Inedible depending on who you listen to

2) Byron is Awesome / Shit / Amazing / Overrated / Inedible depending on who you listen to

3) Nobody likes vegetarians

Looks like I'm flipping a coin then. 

39 minutes ago, Percy Thrower said:

So dragging this back to my question of where take my little girl to eat pre-match tomorrow , the findings are thus:

1) Meatcure is Awesome / Shit / Amazing / Overrated / Inedible depending on who you listen to

2) Byron is Awesome / Shit / Amazing / Overrated / Inedible depending on who you listen to

3) Nobody likes vegetarians

Looks like I'm flipping a coin then. 

Just go to the place that is nearest to the stadium? 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This.

All jokes aside, don't give a toss what people choose to eat. But pushy veggies with their clutching at straws factoids and misleading graphs  can get in the bin.

Don't want to eat meat? Don't. That's cool. More for me.

But want to tell me we're not supposed to eat meat when we've done it solidly throughout our evolution as omnivorous animals, when our closest living relatives love hunting down an invading monkey posse, killing and eating them, when you can live nicely for 100+ years on a balanced mixed diet? Shut up.

Nobody's saying don't eat your greens and your bran. Just toss in some nice protein rich steak n'all. Lovely.

Ha missed this. Good post, worst humans on earth.

I'd honestly have a bit more respect if they had a proper, focused argument and kept it sensible. Instead it's find any fact or aligning opinion they find that can some how remotely be used to support their cause, add lashings of exaggeration, a sprinkle of out and out falsity and there we go, pushy veggie argument ready to serve. Not saying Buce is one but we all know there's a good few knocking around here, although that graph is typical pushy veganism propaganda so minus points for posting that on here.

The healthier argument especially annoys me, you don't care how long I live so please stop pretending, you're trying to get me to stop eating meat. If you care about preventing Heart Disease you should be out on the streets preaching at all the smokers before you get round to the meat eaters.    

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol

Ok, how about you go and live in Laos where the average life span is about 60 and I'll go and live in the US where it's about 80.

That is probably the most inane remark I've ever read on here.

Some feat.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

That is probably the most inane remark I've ever read on here.

Some feat.

lol

It makes perfect sense, it's pretty easy to have a lower % of death rate due to Heart Disease and Cancer when everyones died of the Dengu Fever before they've got old enough to contract either of them lol 

So BACK TO THE BURGERS EVERYONE...

:D

I was proper disappointed one time when i went to this restaurant once and order a portobello mushroom burger... Was expecting some meat in there but it was literally just the mushroom!

Was nice though actually...

Homemade.

Somewhere between quarter and half a point of beef mince, mix in chopped onion and one crushed clove garlic, then salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Get it in the oven or grill, and a few minutes before finishing add cheese to the top (and bacon if you've fried it before). Wonderful. And cheap, too.

44 minutes ago, Percy Thrower said:

Burger Van opposite? Not really the father & daughter day out I had in mind. 

I meant out of either Byron or Meatcure.  I am sure you would want to shave few metres off of waddling with the full belly to the stadium! 

Archived