Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

Don't know where you get that information but you're definitely wide of the mark.

having worked there.

they never sell enough vegi or fish to make it worth holding many in the draw so they vat cook it on order 9 times out of 10.

I know of plenty that got sold hours out of time or dropped. stuck back in vat for a few secs to warm up / kill a few germs and served up. 2 things I would never eat at mcds.

I am aware they can sit in the draw for 20mins and the food bin for 10 but when I worked there service times from till to customer was 4 mins so starting a filket from scratch normally ****ed up your service record.

having worked there.

they never sell enough vegi or fish to make it worth holding many in the draw so they vat cook it on order 9 times out of 10.

I know of plenty that got sold hours out of time or dropped. stuck back in vat for a few secs to warm up / kill a few germs and served up. 2 things I would never eat at mcds.

Assume you worked there before I did then. Wasn't the case during the six years I was there.

Assume you worked there before I did then. Wasn't the case during the six years I was there.

standards must have been higher at your branch. no I'm not gonna state where I worked.

I also know someone who got caught wanking in the shake mix in the chiller.

wonder how many times he'd done it before!!! without getting caught.

Anyway moving on from shooting ya web in milkshake, I thought I'd post some memorable burgers.

Hemgies Mexican burger in Hemgies Brussels, was the best burger I have had before I visited the bird in Hamburg.

IMG_1522_zpse9294121.jpg

A mexican cheese burger I made.

DSC_1097-1.jpg

Chilli burger I made.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

I like chilli.

Depends what you mean by 'healthy'. Do you mean low calorie, low fat, nutrient rich? A combination? There's nothing about beef and a bit of bread that should be particularly bad for your health but it's always likely to be quite a dense, therefore high calorie meal.

Dunno , just not as bad for you I guess. Is grilling it the best way do we think? Obviously if you fry it you'd need to involve oil wouldn't you etc?

Anyway moving on from shooting ya web in milkshake, I thought I'd post some memorable burgers.

Hemgies Mexican burger in Hemgies Brussels, was the best burger I have had before I visited the bird in Hamburg.

IMG_1522_zpse9294121.jpg

A mexican cheese burger I made.

DSC_1097-1.jpg

Chilli burger I made.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

I like chilli.

Jesus Christ Una :wub:

Nothing hipster about an ordinary burger but the one the fake scot posted is a great example of a hipster burger. Brioche? Pulled pork like it's going out of fashion. Three different source's? Obviously not too concerned by the actual flavour. And too tall to even eat properly. It's all poncy style over substance therefore definitively hipster.

Utter tosh - you add the extras for the flavour - just a block of meat with a bit of bread and cheese is pretty uninspiring: you add the fancy cheeses, the smoked bacon, the other meats and the variety of sauces to give something a bit different. 

You genuinely are best off making your own.

We've messed about with all sorts, but our favourites, due to work commitments and of course 3 young kids is for me to prep up some pork or brisket a day or so before and then slow cook it all day, then just 'pull' it or whatever and whack it in a bun. Simple. Bit of homemade apple sauce with some cinnamon/ginger and balsamic vinegar and you can't lose.

Where burgers themselves are concerned, I keep that pretty basic. Its probably only the reasonably coarse peppercorns and onions that add any 'flavour' which doesn't come straight from the meat. We like to taste the meat. I've done a few of the places mentioned in this thread and generally I'd describe them as tasty, but underwhelming and in the main - greasy.

I've never had a burger out as good as the ones I make at home on my bbq

simple is the way forward - cheese only.

Agreed. Decent meat on a grill, fresh bread, cheese and onion. What the **** are these huge things dripping out everywhere people are posting? Look like something out of alien.

Agreed. Decent meat on a grill, fresh bread, cheese and onion. What the **** are these huge things dripping out everywhere people are posting? Look like something out of alien.

Dijon mustard, pickled gherkin, smoked bacon, all add to the epicurean experience.

The best burger in the world is from that van near the dry dock.

They don't line them up like the normal burger vans, they are cooked to order, with the buns toasted.

The trick is, ring them up when you are passing Batchelor Bowles and they will just be putting your stunning burger in the box as you walk upto the van.

Stunning, I love them. My lad would never eat burgers, he had a bite of mine once, nicked it and he has been hooked ever since.

Sonething like DJs or JDs or sonething like that

The best burger in the world is from that van near the dry dock.

They don't line them up like the normal burger vans, they are cooked to order, with the buns toasted.

The trick is, ring them up when you are passing Batchelor Bowles and they will just be putting your stunning burger in the box as you walk upto the van.

Stunning, I love them. My lad would never eat burgers, he had a bite of mine once, nicked it and he has been hooked ever since.

Sonething like DJs or JDs or sonething like that

AJs

Archived