Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Pearson is taking the same approach that he took with Mahrez and Knocky; if a player comes in from a different league they generally get introduced slowly in order to give them time to adapt. It's the right way to do things in my opinion!

Let's just ask the question; was it £9M well spent?

How about 'let's not form definitive opinions on players before they've really had a chance to feature'.

Another FT classic.

How about 'let's not form definitive opinions on players before they've really had a chance to feature'.

Another FT classic.

What d'you mean an 'FT classic', I merely posed the question to which you appear to be inadequate to answer.

I am not decrying the Club or Kramaric for the price tag.

What d'you mean an 'FT classic', I merely posed the question to which you appear to be inadequate to answer.

I am not decrying the Club or Kramaric for the price tag.

Just that a lot of people on here make snap judgements. See Ulloa at the start of the season when he was lauded as our saviour and recently he's been called a donkey and useless. Same has happened with Vardy, been written off by plenty several times but has airways stepped it up in the end.

Making judgement on a players worth when he's barely featured is stupid.

Pearson is taking the same approach that he took with Mahrez and Knocky; if a player comes in from a different league they generally get introduced slowly in order to give them time to adapt. It's the right way to do things in my opinion!

I'd say this is most likely. Kramaric has shown glimpses of quality and looks like he could be the real deal but he is a young player, moving abroad to play in far tougher division and into a side lodged in a fierce relegation fight. He has featured and scored so has done his bit but he will need time to get used to English football. Pearson did this well with Knockaert and Mahrez so I have no doubt he'll gauge Kramaric's readiness to become a starter right too.

They're trying to "manage" Kramaric properly with a view to the longer term. Talented for sure but it's a step up in the PL and while he's shown some fabulous flashes, they're taking their time with him. This has come from within the coaching set up.

They're trying to "manage" Kramaric properly with a view to the longer term. Talented for sure but it's a step up in the PL and while he's shown some fabulous flashes, they're taking their time with him. This has come from within the coaching set up.

That's all well and good if we stay up.

That's all well and good if we stay up.

What does that even mean?

So if we go down you point the finger and say "we should have been starting Kramaric every game" and if we stay up you don't mention it again? 

I'd say this is most likely. Kramaric has shown glimpses of quality and looks like he could be the real deal but he is a young player, moving abroad to play in far tougher division and into a side lodged in a fierce relegation fight. He has featured and scored so has done his bit but he will need time to get used to English football. Pearson did this well with Knockaert and Mahrez so I have no doubt he'll gauge Kramaric's readiness to become a starter right too.

The only problem as i see it is that he (and more specifically, his dad) is not renowned for his patience in these situations.

Same thing happened whilst he was at Dinamo Zagreb, who were playing Champions League at the time for two successive seasons. Could not break into the starting line up, grew very impatient, was loaned out to Dinamo's feeder club before finally being granted a release to Rijeka. The rest is history.

Now that he is a part of what appears to be the best Croatian national squad in the last 12 years, i suspect he won't tolerate warming the bench at a club like Leicester for much longer. He would fully expect to be first choice in the starting XI next season. For everyone's sake, i hope Pearson plays his cards right.

I we go down and sell him, we won't make a loss. It's a relatively low risk strategy, despite the £7m+ price tag (he wasn't £9m, he cost less than Ulloa)

A few million here and there isn't the point, it's our premier league lives at stake.

What does that even mean?

So if we go down you point the finger and say "we should have been starting Kramaric every game" and if we stay up you don't mention it again? 

It means, simpleton, that if we don't play our best striker and go down it will be an unforgivable piece of management.

If we stay up and he's more involved next season then we'll have gotten away with it and we move on and hopefully won't make that mistake again.

It means, simpleton, that if we don't play our best striker and go down it will be an unforgivable piece of management.

If we stay up and he's more involved next season then we'll have gotten away with it and we move on and hopefully won't make that mistake again.

t the point, our premier league life is what counts.

Best striker? Have you been watching us train or just been texting Nige?

Who would you replace from over there in hypothetical-land? Our leading scorer or our leading assister who Most sides in the bottom half would snap your fingers off for?

Best striker? Have you been watching us train or just been texting Nige?

Who would you replace from over there in hypothetical-land? Our leading scorer or our leading assister who Most sides in the bottom half would snap your fingers off for?

Why do I need to watch him in training? Are points won in training? It's fvcking plain to see he's got more quality than all of of other strikers put together from watching him on the pitch (when he's been on it).

I certainly wouldn't have persisted with Nugent for ages or Ulloa in the several months he was massively out of form.

The fact we've given ourselves a chance of surviving now does not mean we wouldn't have been several clear by now had Nigel done things differently throughout the season. In fact it only highlights it.

Kramaric not playing, and when he has been playing him up on his own with no support or out wide, is of course, one of his errors, one he's not addressed yet.He's got some other things right in recent weeks which have helped our cause, but there are some things he hasn't learnt.

You can't spend £10m on a striker when you're in deep shit at the bottom, only to barely play him, and not be given some stick for it. It's absolute madness. Hopefully, we'll stay up anyway.

You can't spend £10m on a striker when...

£7m ish

We won 3-zip yesterday and Ulloa scored two. Five wins in six. Nugent's been okay and Vardy is really stepping up. If we played Kramaric and Vardy, someone would say: "Why aren't we playing our top scorer Ulloa? Pearson's clueless..."

can't believe anyone is moaning about team selection etc over the past 6 games. we've won 5 of them and were massively in the other for an hour against comfortably the best team in the league. 

what exactly would kramaric have brought to the team instead of nugent, vardy or ulloa in the past 6 weeks? cos it certainly wouldn't have been more points. i'm not knocking kram and think he was hard done to when playing up top by himself and would have expected him to get more pitch time, but the fact that anyone can claim playing vardy/ulloa/nugent over him in the past 6 games is an "error" when we've won 5 of 6, scoring in them all and creating millions of chances whilst looking like a superb attacking unit is just sheer lunacy. 

I look forward to seeing him next season. Hasn't had the chance to settle this year - got played when we were poor and then had to get dropped when Vardy, Nugent and Ulloa picked up form.

Think we've seen plenty of promising cameos though.

I'm sick to death of posters saying a person is in Pearson's doghouse just because he isn't getting a game.

With you here. It's clear to me that he isn't getting picked because of the consistently excellent displays from our other strikers. Just unlucky atm.

With you here. It's clear to me that he isn't getting picked because of the consistently excellent displays from our other strikes. Just unlucky atm.

Without opening a can of worms and starting an arguement, e.t.c, I agree with you, Kramaric isn't in the doghouse or not playing because he isn't one of Pearson's 'favourites', he simply isn't playing because as you said the consistently excellent displays from our other strikers. But what about earlier in the season, a month or two ago when we have consistently poor displays from individuals yet other never got a chance?

Ok, I should draw a line under that discussion and now I have no problems because the players who were consistently poor have stepped up and improved no end but the fact they weren't getting dropped/other players weren't being selected is how I come to the conclusions of the 'favourites' tag that was being banded about. It's not been mentioned recently because like I said those players have stepped up, improved and now deserve their place.

Without opening a can of worms and starting an arguement, e.t.c, I agree with you, Kramaric isn't in the doghouse or not playing because he isn't one of Pearson's 'favourites', he simply isn't playing because as you said the consistently excellent displays from our other strikers. But what about earlier in the season, a month or two ago when we have consistently poor displays from individuals yet other never got a chance?

Ok, I should draw a line under that discussion and now I have no problems because the players who were consistently poor have stepped up and improved no end but the fact they weren't getting dropped/other players weren't being selected is how I come to the conclusions of the 'favourites' tag that was being banded about. It's not been mentioned recently because like I said those players have stepped up, improved and now deserve their place.

I think there were a few cases when players were being picked when they shouldn't have been. Shwarzer ahead of Hamer in particular.

Just don't think that applies up front.

Why do I need to watch him in training? Are points won in training? It's fvcking plain to see he's got more quality than all of of other strikers put together from watching him on the pitch (when he's been on it).

I certainly wouldn't have persisted with Nugent for ages or Ulloa in the several months he was massively out of form.

The fact we've given ourselves a chance of surviving now does not mean we wouldn't have been several clear by now had Nigel done things differently throughout the season. In fact it only highlights it.

Kramaric not playing, and when he has been playing him up on his own with no support or out wide, is of course, one of his errors, one he's not addressed yet.He's got some other things right in recent weeks which have helped our cause, but there are some things he hasn't learnt.

You can't spend £10m on a striker when you're in deep shit at the bottom, only to barely play him, and not be given some stick for it. It's absolute madness. Hopefully, we'll stay up anyway.

Why not? If other players are training better and playing the way you want then surely it makes sense. Just because he's a 'better' player, it doesn't mean he's better for the team.

You can see what he did in a 4-5-1, he's not the player for it. Just because a player costs a lot, it doesn't mean he should start. Look at Di Maria, cost a lot, now on the bench because he's not playing as well. Kram showed a few glimpses but he wasn't effective. Football isn't that simple I'm afraid.

I would, and I mean no disrespect to him because he's been our most gifted and talented player of the last few years, play Kramaric in the hole instead of Mahrez.

Think Mahrez was perhaps wasted in that position vs Newcastle and didn't show the threat I thought he would do. I guess when there's no room to cut inside, you game becomes a wide passing game a la Andy King. 

Would like to see Kramaric in that hole vs Southampton if we're retaining that formation.

I would, and I mean no disrespect to him because he's been our most gifted and talented player of the last few years, play Kramaric in the hole instead of Mahrez.

Think Mahrez was perhaps wasted in that position vs Newcastle and didn't show the threat I thought he would do. I guess when there's no room to cut inside, you game becomes a wide passing game a la Andy King.

Would like to see Kramaric in that hole vs Southampton if we're retaining that formation.

Kramaric played in behind ulloa and Vardy vs Swansea and did well. I agree, it needs to be Kram or Mahrez just to give us the ability to go forward when possession turns over or to create in a tighter game.

Bur on the Kramaric front I don't see why people are over complicating this. He looks a superb talent. The guy can turn on an absolute six pence, can clearly finish, and seems to have decent pace.

He's played pretty well considering the games he's been involved in and not necessarily playing as an out an out 9 in all of them.

The difficulty Nige has is that he's now realised Vardy is integral to the way we press and we are now seeing similarities to last year when we press teams and get results. So vardy will play as he's our best forward off the ball, and not exactly bad with it.

Ulloa / Kram is probably the option alongside him and when Leo scores we seem to win which he is doing currently so no issue for me.

Kramaric isn't really a no.10 or 9 for me at the moment. Don't get me wrong, he looks a fantastic player and fingers crossed we stay up , he gets a pre season and we see him more next year.

Another FT classic.

Or on who can beat who in the last 3 weeks of the season.

Archived