Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

I personally would like to see him play just behind vardy and nugent. 

Have him drop in that "hole", we know he has the technical ability and would cause havoc for defenders if there was some space. Then vardy and nuge could really sit on the "last man"

On a single game basis, we can't allow Swansea time to play the ball from the back and dominate possession so I think taking the game to them on Saturday suits having Vardy and Nugent cutting down their space when we don't have the ball with Krameric playing the 'Nugent in the hole role'. When we do have the ball, then Nugent should drop and act as provider linking defence and attack with Krameric to partner Vardy.

I see Kram scoring regularly if fed centrally by Nugent and from wide when vardy drifts out there. I'm also gonna have a stab that Kram will get some follow up goals poacher type before season end if encouraged to play a more advanced number 9 role as opposed to as a 10.

Otherwise, I can see pro's and cons of Ulloa and Kram so a bit on the fence although Ulloa probably wins out on physicality, the need to win ugly and the bonus of having him to defend set pieces.

On a single game basis, we can't allow Swansea time to play the ball from the back and dominate possession so I think taking the game to them on Saturday suits having Vardy and Nugent cutting down their space when we don't have the ball with Krameric playing the 'Nugent in the hole role'. When we do have the ball, then Nugent should drop and act as provider linking defence and attack with Krameric to partner Vardy.

I see Kram scoring regularly if fed centrally by Nugent and from wide when vardy drifts out there. I'm also gonna have a stab that Kram will get some follow up goals poacher type before season end if encouraged to play a more advanced number 9 role as opposed to as a 10.

Otherwise, I can see pro's and cons of Ulloa and Kram so a bit on the fence although Ulloa probably wins out on physicality, the need to win ugly and the bonus of having him to defend set pieces.

We  have scored 8 in 3 games. The attack is not the problem , Calamity Morgan's still in and we are still shipping goals. Everyone else has been dropped or rested,so why not give big WAS a go and maybe we wont lose 4-3 or need last minute winners when scoring 3 away from home.At least he stood up for the WBA goal,shame he turned his back on it and created another own goal. Think he must be in LCFCs top 3 scorers this year.

We  have scored 8 in 3 games. The attack is not the problem , Calamity Morgan's still in and we are still shipping goals. Everyone else has been dropped or rested,so why not give big WAS a go and maybe we wont lose 4-3 or need last minute winners when scoring 3 away from home.At least he stood up for the WBA goal,shame he turned his back on it and created another own goal. Think he must be in LCFCs top 3 scorers this year.

Of course we will let in goals not just about Morgan because we are having to go for it now its bound to leave the defense shaky

Of course we will let in goals not just about Morgan because we are having to go for it now its bound to leave the defense shaky

No one has a problem when goals are well worked from the opposition. The point is so many goals this season have come from mistakes at the back, poor positioning or communication or decision making. Of course we're going to concede in the premier league, no doubt about it, but so many goals could have been prevented this season.

From Jermain Defoe to Wilfried Bony: how January’s transfers have worked out

The flops

3) Andrej Kramaric: HNK Rijeka – Leicester City, £9.7m

Guess how many goals Andrej Kramaric scored for the Croatian club HNK Rijeka by the end of November. Twenty-six. In 18 matches no less. No wonder Leicester City made him their record signing, reportedly seeing off competition from Juventus. And yet, since his move, the 23-year-old has netted just twice, both times in defeats, and has often sat unused on Leicester’s bench, with David Nugent and Jamie Vardy leading the line to good effect. Despite Kramaric’s miserly record in England, Leicester’s fans have warmed to him for his all-round game, but it is goals that a team in the Premier League’s bottom three crave at this point, not performances.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/january-transfers-premier-league-five-best-worst

From Jermain Defoe to Wilfried Bony: how January’s transfers have worked out

The flops

3) Andrej Kramaric: HNK Rijeka – Leicester City, £9.7m

Guess how many goals Andrej Kramaric scored for the Croatian club HNK Rijeka by the end of November. Twenty-six. In 18 matches no less. No wonder Leicester City made him their record signing, reportedly seeing off competition from Juventus. And yet, since his move, the 23-year-old has netted just twice, both times in defeats, and has often sat unused on Leicester’s bench, with David Nugent and Jamie Vardy leading the line to good effect. Despite Kramaric’s miserly record in England, Leicester’s fans have warmed to him for his all-round game, but it is goals that a team in the Premier League’s bottom three crave at this point, not performances.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/january-transfers-premier-league-five-best-worst

So Defoe who is use to the prem and only scored 3 goals is a top transfer but kram who has only scored one less, younger and not used to the league is a flop? Nice logic guardian

I've said it before and I will say it again; Anyone employed to comment on football is usually retarded.

Wouldnt go that far.

Its just their opinion. You'll get 20 different opinions down the pub after a game from fans who were actually there so we wont often get a pundit who knows the ins and outs of the Leicester team. Leicester fans don't often know the ins and outs of the Leicester team.

I can see why they'd say that, although it's very narrow-minded and fits the short-term mentality of a lot of fans/clubs in this country so a lot of people will agree.

I think he's got a lot of potential, still early to say though.

Next season if we stay up he will score for fun. You can tell he will be a top class striker by the way he can kind of move sideways and turn so quick buying himself that little bit of space. Prime example in the last game where he did everything right, cut in space then missed the target. As soon as he's up to speed with the prem that's a goal.

Even the very best players don't tend to settle in the prem instantly. Bergkamp took a while for example, or Ronaldo, everyone said he was a 1 trick pony with no end product at first then as soon as he settled world class.

Kramaric will play at the highest level.

I actually think we've unintentionally played it pretty well with Kramaric as I think he will turn out to be very useful at this level.

When he signed I thought there were two options:

- He'd score 10 and fire us to safety, signing for Chelsea in the summer OR

- He'd be utter pony and we'd be stuck with him in the Championship.

As it's turned out, we've managed to give ourselves a realistic chance of staying up whilst managing to largely shield his (IMO) obvious talents. From now I see it going one of two ways:

- We stay up and he becomes our main striker in the Prem capable of double figures next season.

- We go down and he becomes a goal machine in the Championship.

Either way we're doing alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Kram obviously out of favour with Pearson?.. Very odd Mahrez got on against Chelsea rather than him???.... A 10m striker not being utilised is very bizzare?...

I think he is looking at the fact that Nugent is out and Vardy must be knackered so felt that saving him for the newcastle game was the best option. What if Kram played and got injured? we could potentially only have had a strike force of Ulloa and Wood. Just my thinking behind it

Kram obviously out of favour with Pearson?.. Very odd Mahrez got on against Chelsea rather than him???.... A 10m striker not being utilised is very bizzare?....

I don't think it was strange at all. At that point Chelsea we're dominating and we only looked threatening on the counter attack. As we all know Kramaric doesn't have a lot of pace but Marez does, it was just to replace Vardy with another pacey player to help on the counter.

But, forgetting the Chelsea game for a minute he's had very little pitch time for such a huge signing???....

Might be because Vardy, Nugent and Ulloa have kept him out as they have been in form. I think we will see Kram tomorrow though and he will defo be a key player next season. Its when Wood gets game time before him you should start to worry ;)

Kram obviously out of favour with Pearson?.. Very odd Mahrez got on against Chelsea rather than him???.... A 10m striker not being utilised is very bizzare?....

What do you mean by out of favour?

Archived