Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

To be fair to Kramaric, when he's started, our whole game-plan has been to sit on the edge of our 18 yard box and lump it to him with no support within 30/40 yards.

Can't remember how long he was on against West Ham but he had one cleared off the line and played a massive part in King's goal with his dummied shot and pass into the box. The guy must be livid that he can't get a start in an attacking line up.

He's still got a huge role to play. We stay up and he gets 2 or 3 goals? Worth every penny.

I agree. You could argue that he's being kept in reserve, and fresh, for when we really need him. From the bench he has been given the time to be able to observe how Vardy and Nuge work so well together, which will prime him to know how best to fit into that and to make an immediate impact when he does come on. He will be desperate to prove himself too.

Although some have been critical of Ulloa's last 2 performances it's been noted that by the time he came off the opposition defence were looking very tired - maybe as a result of his physical bullying - and that was a crucial factor in each game to us being able to force a late winner.

Yeh Ulloa can head the ball when he's getting it from a cross but other than that he heads the ball as bravely and as effectively as gally used to! Looking back, the game where we got hammered by Brighton and Ulloa had a worldy was a a double whammy. We lost and had our heads turned towards a striker who,it turns out,for all his goalscoring potential, has real flaws when playing for us - including only being able to perhaps play in a certain system.

THIS

He needs crosses from the byline, then he's proven he can do the business. All to often though the balls have been hoofed up to him diagonally and, although a decent sized bloke that doesn't seem to suit him. Plus he's got zero pace.

When we were in for him I could not understand why. Surely Nige doesn't buy a player cus he scores a couple against us? - was the cry, because when Id seen him he'd been very ordinary. After the first 5 games of the season I was saying ...umm maybe Nige knows what he's doing!

But he doesn't.

All in all he's turned out to be what he looked like at Brighton - a Championship player. And to those who say he nodded on to Nuge to score - he did but how long has he been on the pitch since September and done absolutely nothing?

He then blazed a golden chance over the bar with the ball at this feet from 7yds out I remind you.

It could be verging on criminal the lack of game time Kramaric is getting, while Ulloa lollops around in the Premier League

For me the Croat oozes quality, excellent off the ball, excellent on the ball, knows how to finish and seems very confident in his own ability.

His weaknesses are he's not the quickest, strongest or biggest but if he had these qualities he'd probably be at Real Madrid now.

For my money an absolute no brainer who to pick out of him and Ulloa.

I'd like to see him in a 4-3-3 with Nugent and Vardy. Three central midfielders and allow the full backs more of an attacking licence and our three up top playing as false number nines and playing deep and forcing the opponents back line to move up the pitch an they have no one to mark and leave themselves vulnerable to pace from Vardy and guile of Kramaric.

It was pretty clear the 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 / 3 - 4 - 3 worked better with Ulloa off he pitch than the 4 - 4 - 2 or 3 - 4 - 3 with him as the target man on the pitch -- Vardy / Nugent were more than capable at flicking on / winning headers and controlling the ball in the final third. To me that makes Ulloa's inclusion useless, as the previous few posts mentioned, he managed to smash it wide from a few yards out, and this is from a striker who has maybe had 15 shots all season. I'd hate so see how many shots he's actually taken because it would depress me. 

I thought we played our best football in weeks attacking West Brom in the 3 - 4 - 1 - 2, although West Brom didn't exactly 'go for it', the same wont be said with Swansea / Southampton, and that very attacking formation has its flaws, Albrighton / Schlupp would have to work very hard, but they're more than capable of doing both jobs.

I'd like to see Kramaric play in the hole behind Vardy and Nugent, the three of them could potentially be lethal together, I thought Mahrez was reasonably okay, but that position is suited to Kramaric. Would be a shame to waste Kramaric winning or not, i'd consider him the most talented and skilful individual at the club and it's frustrating to see him on the bench not even getting game time.

I'd like to see Kramaric in a 4-3-3, from what videos i've watched of him online, it seems to be that he likes to get on the end of low crosses whipped in from out wide. 

Against WBA Schlupp, Vardy and Albrighton were putting these types of balls in, would be interesting to see Kramaric play with those players.

His weaknesses are he's not the quickest, strongest or biggest but if he had these qualities he'd probably be at Real Madrid now.

Good points in your posts, however these are the things sports science can have an affect on, Kingy used to be an absolute rake but he's filled out now and looks a proper unit. Hopefully we can do the same with Krammy and beef him up a bit. 

Everyone knew it would take Kramaric at least six months to fully adapt and play at his highest level in the Premier League. Pearson is trying to introduce him slowly which he can do now as our other strikers are performing now and we're getting goals from all over the team. I feel we will only see his best at Leicester if we can stay up and then next year he will be our main man and could be immense.

Look at Gomis at Swansea, he was useless before Christmas but now looks like a top class player. Buying him early whilst they had Bony to introduce him gradually for the first half of the season worked incredibly, then second half he has pushed on as their main striker.

Ulloa doesn't perform as well but he does give us a focal point and occupies defenders giving space for our other strikers (also he is comfortably our top goalscorer). Kram is a different player who drifts and drops deep so offers something different which is great during a game when we want to change it up.

So although I love Kramaric I think we should still start with Ulloa for the moment so Nugent and Vardy can carry on to thrive. Then if we can stay up he could set the league alight next year

Everyone knew it would take Kramaric at least six months to fully adapt and play at his highest level in the Premier League. Pearson is trying to introduce him slowly which he can do now as our other strikers are performing now and we're getting goals from all over the team. I feel we will only see his best at Leicester if we can stay up and then next year he will be our main man and could be immense.

Look at Gomis at Swansea, he was useless before Christmas but now looks like a top class player. Buying him early whilst they had Bony to introduce him gradually for the first half of the season worked incredibly, then second half he has pushed on as their main striker.

Ulloa doesn't perform as well but he does give us a focal point and occupies defenders giving space for our other strikers (also he is comfortably our top goalscorer). Kram is a different player who drifts and drops deep so offers something different which is great during a game when we want to change it up.

So although I love Kramaric I think we should still start with Ulloa for the moment so Nugent and Vardy can carry on to thrive. Then if we can stay up he could set the league alight next year

I fully agree. You are spot on. I second every word you wrote. As much as I would like Kramaric to play, and as much as I, as a supporter, may think Pearson is making a mistake by not playing him, LCFC has not been defeated in the last three games and has won the last two games. Without Andrej. You need to respect that fact.

When Andrej signed for LCFC I said that you'll see that you brought a real gem of a player, but that it would take time for him to settle. A bit of luck (as well as some of the refeering decisions that were arguable didn't help) is all that he needed in some games. Iwrote it back in January, I'll write in again. Five goals form him by he end of the season would be great, but the next season is his. I just hope it will be in a LCFC jersey in the Premiership.

no matter what happens this season we will always have that ten seconds where he dropped the shoulder and faked a shot 4 times in the same move and did the same defender every time. emotional.

Praising a guy who has barely contributed and slagging off a man who is the only reason we have a chance of survival is what this place is all about.

Ulloa has been poor lately, but no poorer than the rest of the side. When we were playing well at the start of the season, Leo was earning us points.

1 against everton, 1 against arsenal, 3 against United, 3 against Stoke......just the ones off the top of my head.

Kramaric may look a more 'technically gifted' player than Leo.....but he also looks extremely lightweight. Playing Vardy and Nuge as a pair this season has led to them also looking very lightweight, so for me, Leo has to start ahead of Kram.

I expect Kramaric to be our top scorer in the Prem next season.

Bold, some might say brash, FIF, but I like your swagger!

IF (still a big IF) we stay up, you might not be a mile off, I think.

I'm imagining a scenario in a year's time when we are the new Southampton, heading for Europe. Pearson is still at the helm, his detractors are strangely silent and he is being talked about as potential heir to Hodgson for the England job, Krarmaric is on 15-20 goals, Vardy has kicked on and is a surprise late entry to the England squad, even Jeffrey Schlupp has ironed out the minor defects in his play to knock on the international door (he'll defect from Ghana, surely?). Finally, the Cambiasso signing is being seen as the supreme act of genius by Pearson that it was. Everything is rosy with the world (even Conrad is on the bench for the Republic of Ireland).

Yes, suddenly the glass is half full..... Oh, shit! It's not. It's empty, I drank it. Good night!

Bold, some might say brash, FIF, but I like your swagger!

IF (still a big IF) we stay up, you might not be a mile off, I think.

I'm imagining a scenario in a year's time when we are the new Southampton, heading for Europe. Pearson is still at the helm, his detractors are strangely silent and he is being talked about as potential heir to Hodgson for the England job, Krarmaric is on 15-20 goals, Vardy has kicked on and is a surprise late entry to the England squad, even Jeffrey Schlupp has ironed out the minor defects in his play to knock on the international door (he'll defect from Ghana, surely?). Finally, the Cambiasso signing is being seen as the supreme act of genius by Pearson that it was. Everything is rosy with the world (even Conrad is on the bench for the Republic of Ireland).

Yes, suddenly the glass is half full..... Oh, shit! It's not. It's empty, I drank it. Good night!

NP's detractors should be in stocks in the town hall square if he took us to that point.

the hoof game suits Ulloa more at the moment even if he is a total donkey.

Total donkey???!! - not having any of it.

Yes he cost a ****ing fortune, but he sco...oh wait...bugger.

I love the way Kramaric plays, the way he can turn and put players on their arse is fantastic to watch!

BUT

I don't think he is ready for the prem just yet, he needs to become a bit stronger and he will be such a great player, a real star for the future. But for the next game at least I'd like a top 2 of vardy and ulloa with nuge in behind.

I love the way Kramaric plays, the way he can turn and put players on their arse is fantastic to watch!

BUT

I don't think he is ready for the prem just yet, he needs to become a bit stronger and he will be such a great player, a real star for the future. But for the next game at least I'd like a top 2 of vardy and ulloa with nuge in behind.

I think he's more than ready for the Premiership. He needs to be played correctly. I'd like to see him playing alongside Nugent and Vardy. Ulloa needs to be dropped IMO. I think he's offered very little for quite some time. I do agree however, that his early season goals could well be crucial come the end.

I think he's more than ready for the Premiership. He needs to be played correctly. I'd like to see him playing alongside Nugent and Vardy. Ulloa needs to be dropped IMO. I think he's offered very little for quite some time. I do agree however, that his early season goals could well be crucial come the end.

I agree and don't see a risk replacing Ulloa with Kram. Kram for the most part has been played on his own running miles chasing defenders which IMO is not using him correctly. The few times he's had the chance to show what he's like on the ball or off the ball for that matter when we play possession shows he needs to play as Col says....alongside Nugent and Vardy

Hope he gets the nod from Pearson next match

Although he is far more technically gifted than Ulloa, I just fear we would appear too lightweight up top with Kram, Vardy and Nuge.

I wouldn't complain either way though.

Archived