Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

I just think if you're promoted and given, say, 16-18 million to spend and a 30 or 40%, or whatever, increase in wages in order to make the step up then, regardless of whether that's enough or not, the additions we made were woefully inadequate. All of our transfer kitty went on three attackers, one who got off to a great start before his form collapsed and he found himself in and out of the side, another who has looked poor in the few cameos he's made, and another who was wrapped in cotton wool at first, got a run of games, then got dropped. In the long run these players may turn out to be decent signings, like Oakley and Howard in 2008, but they clearly represent a very poor use of our resources in terms of meeting our short-term objectives. In the meantime, players have changed hands for far lower fees and made an impact at this level. I'm amazed that, considering forwards are always the most expensive players to buy and the hardest to find, that we focused on this position to such an extent without adequately finding defensive alternatives first.

I just think if you're promoted and given, say, 16-18 million to spend and a 30 or 40%, or whatever, increase in wages in order to make the step up then, regardless of whether that's enough or not, the additions we made were woefully inadequate. All of our transfer kitty went on three attackers, one who got off to a great start before his form collapsed and he found himself in and out of the side, another who has looked poor in the few cameos he's made, and another who was wrapped in cotton wool at first, got a run of games, then got dropped. In the long run these players may turn out to be decent signings, like Oakley and Howard in 2008, but they clearly represent a very poor use of our resources in terms of meeting our short-term objectives. In the meantime, players have changed hands for far lower fees and made an impact at this level. I'm amazed that, considering forwards are always the most expensive players to buy and the hardest to find, that we focused on this position to such an extent without adequately finding defensive alternatives first.

There's no doubt the money was very poorly spent this season. As was the judgement and type of player required. If NP is staying next season a considerable improvement is needed. We've got to have a clear out and new players added if only to provide new impetus. Otherwise we're likely to go the same way of Wigan, Wolves and Forest in recent years.

Ahh i get it,

Its a masterstroke by Pearson!

I think Kramaric has real potential (i know, not hard to say when youve paid $9 million for him).

Pearson has realised that we are going down and the only way to make sure Kram stays with us, is to make him look sh*t, so, play him out of position, and only give him short runs... ahhh Nige, you are a tactical genius.

Seems to me a little unfair that when he arrived he was chucked straight in and we started playing with a lone striker. He doesn't do the business (surprise surprise) so we stop playing him and immediately go back to playing 2 or 3 up front. Why not give the lad a fair crack? After all, it's not like any of the others are setting the world on fire.

Thought his trickery changed the game for us. They had no idea which way he was going to go and it made them nervy. Why we haven't done that more recently I will never know (play him in an attacking line up) but right now who cares?! The great escape is well and truly on!

He could break players with his trickery. That first touch too. West Ham did well to clear that shot off the line.

Has got to start with Vardy and Nugent IMO

Nugent was rubbish today. Ulloa takes a lot of the physical stuff that the others don,t and Kramaric would benefit from playing with him

Surely he has to start from now on, Ulloa is an utter donkey that missed header for crying out loud.

Definitely should start from now on especially at home and hopefully in the same attacking formation. Seems odd that ulloa has been starting when we are attacking and in games where we have set up negatively and had chances we've not started with Kram.

Didn't think ulloa was either great or that bad today 6/10 roughed up their defence, won a pen. Not great but not a donkey either.

Sort of player in a different season you would want playing away against top sides as a lone striker. Then have Kram against everyone else in a front three where we will get chances.

Archived