Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

FA CUP: 5th Rd - Away v Villa - BBC Sunday 12:30 - 6500 Allocation.

Its about 3 and a half mile so about a 10 minute drive depending on traffic obviously.

It's not a journey I'd want to do at any time currently as the main road around Birmingham CC is full of roadworks. There's a good chance they could be some closure on a Sunday too. 

According to an app on my phone an open return costs from £13.30. The train leaves Leicester at 10:24, arriving in new street at 11:16.

Never been villa on the train before, how close to new street is it?

Either get a taxi from New Street (which as mentioned above as some problems at the mo) or get a train to Witton/Aston. 

Must be only one happy about this??!

I'm chuffed to bits. I can't get over there, and being as it's the FA Cup there will be no internet streams, so it is my only chance to see the match. I just hope we stuff them, although it's more likely to be a bitter disappointment like the PL match early December - which I also watched on TV, although in a West London pub.

Alright sweetheart, I was obviously checking to see if the taxi had taken you the long way or not, I suggest more clariry next time.

I think goose wrote the word 'obviously' in relation to the traffic and not in a way as to insult you.

Apologies if im mistaken

To be fair it being early doors on a Sunday is really not an excuse for people in Leicester. Birmingham is practically next door ffs.

20 quid return the train up from London with a YP railcard, decent enough. Sod getting to Marylebone for quarter past eight though.

This is the biggest bugger. Nothing direct from Euston.

According to an app on my phone an open return costs from £13.30. The train leaves Leicester at 10:24, arriving in new street at 11:16.

walking distance about 3 1/2 miles but as someone said jump on train to witton or aston, witton better if you want a watering hole for away fans, The barton arms (serving real ales) and the Harriers are away friendly pubs 

For anyone travelling from Leicester, if you buy an off peak return to Aston or Witton, it'll cost nothing more and you'll still be able to get end your journey at Birmingham New St (and maybe Aston with a Witton ticket) if you prefer.

Just over 2.5 miles isn't that far, I walk from Blaby to the KP for home games

You've got to be a bit of a fitness freak to do that surely? I often stay in the Soar Point or Black Horse until 2.50 then get a taxi to the ground.

You've got to be a bit of a fitness freak to do that surely? I often stay in the Soar Point or Black Horse until 2.50 then get a taxi to the ground.

Not really a fitness freak, I leave home to get to the pub at 12 then set off to the ground about 2:30. I do run a fair bit (currently 30-40 miles/week).

I live down in Hertfordshire so don't get to see many games.

However, on the Sunday I am starting a short break with the family for Half Term near Birmingham (doing Warwick Castle etc).

So I maybe able to do a detour to Villa Park on the day. Anyone know when ticket prices will be announced? Am I likely to be able get some as a non season ticket holder ?

I thought you said we were getting a small allocation earlier?

There's a difference between what I thought and what I've heard. LCFC said to my mates firm, 'a good allocation' make of that what you want.

I still will be amazed if we get anything any where near 15%

edit- the 3k allocation mate is a different mate to the one who's firm has a box, so I see what you're saying, but I'm not contradicting myself however unclear I made it lol

For anyone travelling from Leicester, if you buy an off peak return to Aston or Witton, it'll cost nothing more and you'll still be able to get end your journey at Birmingham New St (and maybe Aston with a Witton ticket) if you prefer.

I went away to Villa this season on the train and wasn't charged either way on any journey. Just a heads up...

Having a night out in London on Sat.

Spending the night in London, (Premier Inn, Wembley, (an omen!)) 

Will be driving back sometime on Sun. depends on what the missus wants to do.

May not be back till gone 12.30 so will have to avoid all references to the game, record it and watch it as soon as I get back.

So no foxestalk for me!

you will be given 6k, prob in 2 stages if you sellout the first block (normal away end 3k) you will then be given north stand upper (around 3k) don`t think you will get 6k all at once cos you only sold 1.8k last game i know high prices etc in league game so am not saying the 1.8k is wrong, its just how it works for next game if allocation wasnt sold in last game usually

last post from me so gl. would be good to see a different name on the cup instead of the usual sky 4 be it us or you

you will be given 6k, prob in 2 stages if you sellout the first block (normal away end 3k) you will then be given north stand upper (around 3k) don`t think you will get 6k all at once cos you only sold 1.8k last game

last post from me so gl. would be good to see a different name on the cup instead of the usual sky 4 be it us or you

Who the hell are Sky 4?? Are they even still in the fa cup??? lol

Archived