Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

FA CUP: 5th Rd - Away v Villa - BBC Sunday 12:30 - 6500 Allocation.

To be fair it being early doors on a Sunday is really not an excuse for people in Leicester. Birmingham is practically next door ffs.

20 quid return the train up from London with a YP railcard, decent enough. Sod getting to Marylebone for quarter past eight though.

Think the earliest train from Leicester is 1030 so it will hamper a few

We will not take over 3k here, prices have gotta be cheap for a good turn out

if we're allowed to take more than 3k i'd be amazed if we didn't. when did we last not take stupid numbers to a cup away? in the last 5 years, off the top of my head, i'd say cardiff away 4th round 2010 would be the only one we haven't sold out? 

10/11 - man city away, tuesday, sell out (?)

11/12 - forest away, 8k sell out - norwich away reduced allocation sell out - chelsea away, sunday tele, sell out

12/13 - huddersfield away ffs, over 4k sell out 

13/14 - stoke away, over 4k sell out 

14/15 - spurs away, not sure on numbers but was either a sell out or incredibly close to one. 

even going back quite a long way, the most similar fixture to this one in the past 10 years is probably blackburn away, early sunday kick off on bbc when we all had cup winning fever. we took a lot of numbers there (i think) and that's ****ing miles away compared to birmingham. unless villa do something completely mental like charge us £41 (again) we'll still take a fair few thousand. 

if we're allowed to take more than 3k i'd be amazed if we didn't. when did we last not take stupid numbers to a cup away? in the last 5 years, off the top of my head, i'd say cardiff away 4th round 2010 would be the only one we haven't sold out?

10/11 - man city away, tuesday, sell out (?)

11/12 - forest away, 8k sell out - norwich away reduced allocation sell out - chelsea away, sunday tele, sell out

12/13 - huddersfield away ffs, over 4k sell out

13/14 - stoke away, over 4k sell out

14/15 - spurs away, not sure on numbers but was either a sell out or incredibly close to one.

even going back quite a long way, the most similar fixture to this one in the past 10 years is probably blackburn away, early sunday kick off on bbc when we all had cup winning fever. we took a lot of numbers there (i think) and that's ****ing miles away compared to birmingham. unless villa do something completely mental like charge us £41 (again) we'll still take a fair few thousand.

When was the last time it was a Sunday, shit time, and on tv though?? I would be amazed if we took Anywhere near the probable 6000 allocation, 3500 at the very very best.

Bkackburn was a premier league team then, plus it was the qfinal

When was the last time it was a Sunday, shit time, and on tv though?? I would be amazed if we took Anywhere near the probable 6000 allocation, 3500 at the very very best

chelsea away in 2012 was the early kick off on a sunday. granted chelsea away has more appeal than aston villa, hence why i looked back to blackburn away, early kick off on bbc1 on a sunday which i can't find any figures for but i'm pretty sure we took the whole end which is about 6 or 7k, backed up by the fact i found comments on here saying blackburn had sold around 14-15k and the official attendance was 22k. i might've just confused that with another time though. 

the point is half this forum seem to think we've got a genuine chance of winning the fa cup, this game is very winnable and about 45 minutes away on a train or in a car, so if ticket prices are right i'd be shocked if we don't take a lot of fans. 

chelsea away in 2012 was the early kick off on a sunday. granted chelsea away has more appeal than aston villa, hence why i looked back to blackburn away, early kick off on bbc1 on a sunday which i can't find any figures for but i'm pretty sure we took the whole end which is about 6 or 7k, backed up by the fact i found comments on here saying blackburn had sold around 14-15k and the official attendance was 22k. i might've just confused that with another time though.

the point is half this forum seem to think we've got a genuine chance of winning the fa cup, this game is very winnable and about 45 minutes away on a train or in a car, so if ticket prices are right i'd be shocked if we don't take a lot of fans.

This game be last season m, I agree we would easy have another 2000 going, but I think because we are in prem and already played them! Hope I'm wrong, would love is to take 6000, but I can see us taking half of that

Well that's ****ed that then. Half empty stadium, a few thousand less on the away end and a drab sober early Sunday attendance.

Shame as it had serious potential on Saturday at 3pm.

Wouldnt matter if its half full, a few thousand less and the atmosphere is shite IF we win

According to an app on my phone an open return costs from £13.30. The train leaves Leicester at 10:24, arriving in new street at 11:16.

Never been villa on the train before, how close to new street is it?

Doesn't look like the kind of distance you would want to walk!!!

And it was Mother's Day.

Anything less than 3k Leicester and I'll be very disappointed especially as if we win this, we're one game away from wembley.

According to an app on my phone an open return costs from £13.30. The train leaves Leicester at 10:24, arriving in new street at 11:16.

Never been villa on the train before, how close to new street is it?

its a good trek last time we went we got a taxi, wouldn't fancy walking it its about a 10 drive

Archived