Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HEGGSY

Villa Away FA Cup 2015 BBC Sunday @ 12.30

Didn't a few people go down after the Norwich fracas whereas this time it was just a few fat, bald men throwing a traffic cone?

I think we'll get the full allocation. Norwich just wanted extra capacity for home fans, Villa won't sell out so should be happy to take our money.

I think some of 'our' lot did head to Norwich yeh. Which is exactly what will probably happen in this fixture. I know that video with the traffic cones was laughable but that wasn't the only incident the day of Villa at home. And you could really sense the hatred coming from their fans to us in L after the game. Bot seen it quite so volatile even after playing Forest/Cov (I won't say Derby- they never sell out)

edit- I see what you mean now by 'go down'

Can't answer that as I don't know, but one of my mates was one who was set upon and he didn't face any punishment (rightly so)

Yea, it's the same on the way to Aston train station too. I went with a few mates to the first Villa/Blues game when Birmingham got back in the prem. Inexplicably it was put on a Monday night and Witton Lane was absolute carnage before and after the game. I got hit by two flying bottles.

Norwich just wanted extra capacity for home fans.

This, I'm fairly sure Norwich already sold their tickets to season ticket holders before we got our allocation, meaning we couldn't have the full 15%. That's what I was told anyway.

The trouble excuse was just that, an excuse so their ST could have their seats as they had something like 22K ST in a 27K or thereabouts stadium.

Also I just want to booze in the post office vaults/brewdog/the briar rose then get the 5 min train to Aston that would be so much fun! 

:nigel:

Took me 4 hours to get home from Villa the other month.

Basically cos of lack of trains but even so a journey that should have took 30 - 40 mins (Total journey time) took 4 bloody hours, that mixed with us losing wound me up big time.

The only good thing about the day was your suggestion of the Post Office Vaults and trying La Chouffe, they were literally the only good things about the day.

**That was from Witton, but i'm sure it shouldn't have made such a difference to the timescale, certainly not to that extreme.

Yea, it's the same on the way to Aston train station too. I went with a few mates to the first Villa/Blues game when Birmingham got back in the prem. Inexplicably it was put on a Monday night and Witton Lane was absolute carnage before and after the game. I got hit by two flying bottles.

It's terribly planned. Doesn't help that the Villa fans were all acting like the mouthy ***** that they are as well. The police that day were utter wankers too.

No idea when. Norwich called us high risk 3 years ago after the smallest of fracas in our town centre in 2008.

The Villa trouble was much more widespread, more recent and much more volatile. I'll be amazed if we get the full 15%

The Villa trouble on Highcross street? More volatile than Norwich on Loseby Lane?

:nigel:

Took me 4 hours to get home from Villa the other month.

Basically cos of lack of trains but even so a journey that should have took 30 - 40 mins (Total journey time) took 4 bloody hours, that mixed with us losing wound me up big time.

The only good thing about the day was your suggestion of the Post Office Vaults and trying La Chouffe, they were literally the only good things about the day.

**That was from Witton, but i'm sure it shouldn't have made such a difference to the timescale, certainly not to that extreme.

Dunno man, national rail said it takes 5 mins from new st to Aston. Also next time try delirium tremens if you haven't already.

No the atmosphere in the ground and outside the away end post match. I didn't see any of the 'fights' in any if Leicester's roads. But there were far more separate incidents/reports with the Villa fans

I imagine, there will be a bit of trouble for this fixture tbf,

Our FA Cup fifth round match with Leicester has been selected for TV.

The game with the Foxes at Villa Park will be played on Sunday February 15, with a 12.30pm kick-off.

The encounter will be shown live on BBC1.

Villa made it through to this stage after a 2-1 win over Bournemouth, goals coming from Carles Gil and Andreas Weimann.

Nigel Pearson's men progressed after a 2-1 victory themselves - at Tottenham's White Hart Lane.

Villa and Leicester last played in B6 in December 2014 when goals from Ciaran Clark and Alan Hutton earned three points.

Villa beat Leicester 5-1 in an FA Cup clash dating back to February 1905 - Joe Bache [2], Harry Hampton, Alex Leake and Albert Hall on the scoresheet.

The Foxes won the next knockout tussle 2-1, in January 1965, although Villa gained revenge in January 1977 with a 1-0 victory, courtesy of Andy Gray.

The last meeting between the teams in this competition was from January 2001 with Leicester coming out on top 2-1, Julian Joachim hitting our goal.

Can't see us selling many over 3k now, considering shit, day, time, and tv

We really ought to. It's only an hour down the road and should be a lot cheaper than when we played them in the league.

Plus it's the Cup and I fvcking love the Cup.

We really ought to. It's only an hour down the road and should be a lot cheaper than when we played them in the league.

Plus it's the Cup and I fvcking love the Cup.

I hope your right bud, but I can see why a few will be put of, mainly because of tv! I'll be there though COYB

Tbf it's not that much worse. Yeah transport and everything on a Sunday could be a struggle but It's still only Birmingham, a short distance. (It's not like we're talking about Newcastle or Liverpool). Hope we can win and progress!

Archived