Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Fighting between ourselves

Kicked off between a big bald bloke and a similar sized lad with long hair / dreadlocks with about a dozen others in close proximity most of whom were trying to break it up. Started off with handbags but with no stewards in sight some punches and a head butt were dished out so it was a million more times interesting than the game

Pretty sure it was over the One Nigel Pearson chant but not sure who was supporting who

Plod and Stewards finally came to break it up but lots of fans had already done most of the hard work

Not nice to see amongst your own fans but football is a passionate game and sometimes things spill over I suppose

Pretty accurate summary. Not sure why I've been mentioned previously. It happened on the end of the row I was on and there was some pushing and shoving which caused a lot of us to fall over. I saw the lad mentioned above with stewards at the end. No idea if he instigated it or not.

Pretty accurate summary. Not sure why I've been mentioned previously. It happened on the end of the row I was on and there was some pushing and shoving which caused a lot of us to fall over. I saw the lad mentioned above with stewards at the end. No idea if he instigated it or not.

It's not the first time these flare-ups have happened, and it won't be the last I'm afraid. As has already been said, passions run high when we're perceived to be playing poorly and disagreements between fans become magnified. 

Probably because the bloke who mentioned you is a proven pathological liar.

It's not the first time these flare-ups have happened, and it won't be the last I'm afraid. As has already been said, passions run high when we're perceived to be playing poorly and disagreements between fans become magnified. 

I'm  just surprised that it happened at Old Trafford of all places. Might've expected tensions to rise losing away at Villa maybe.

I'm  just surprised that it happened at Old Trafford of all places. Might've expected tensions to rise losing away at Villa maybe.

I think a few things play into it.

The result in September may have raised expectations for starters, as well as the extent to which we were outclassed in the first 45 minutes. That's not to mention the ticket prices, shelling out over fifty sheets to watch that will always get people's backs up.

This nearly happened at West Ham , old lad behind me right at back was voicing his disapproval at Pearson and about 10 snotty nosed street urchins started to mouth off at him , he stuck his neck out and they fecked off to let off some pyro

Honestly they were just kids and really not a GCSE or hope Of an A level so someone must be stirring these boys up ????

Thier devotion to NP is almost frightening , to the level they are no longer really focused on the team and the reality of crap management (at times )

Quite sad really , this was a season to savour , even if relegated , when you come to the big disco you have to enjoy the dancing ! Even if your getting chucked out !

What do you guys think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

I’ll be honest I’m dead against it. People forget that traders need access to DIXONSSSS!  

I notice that ,some notorious "Pearson in" posters, have hidden themselves away, since the truth came out. 

You know who you are, and so do we, so I don't need to name names. The image of the" Pearson in" brigade is now badly tarnished.

If any of the scum who caused this problem are on this site, which I hope they are not, then to use your idols own words, "feck off and die"

I notice that ,some notorious "Pearson in" posters, have hidden themselves away, since the truth came out. 

You know who you are, and so do we, so I don't need to name names. The image of the" Pearson in" brigade is now badly tarnished.

If any of the scum who caused this problem are on this site, which I hope they are not, then to use your idols own words, "feck off and die"

Piss off you clown.

"Scum" for supporting their manager. What an utter moron you are.

Go on, name names. Don't hide behind anything, say it if you know who these people are.

Don't be a weasel and leave people in suspense, put your knowledge across so we know exactly what went on, as you were clearly there.

Piss off you clown.

No scum for threatening violence because they didn't share the same view, and I would say the same if it was the otherway around.

Like or dislike the manager, low to use threats to enforce your opinion.

Piss off you clown.

And let's not go on about how successful sacking managers in the PL at this time of the season is?

The rational, statistically backed opinion says Pearson is far better positioned to see out in the season which will keep us up. A manager with no transfer window would be a disaster; they may be a instant couple of results but after that back to type, players playing for a manager they have no loyalty too.

If having that rational opinion makes you an idiot, violent, deluded; then I'm sorry you've completely lost sense of reality and realistic expectations about our position now.

The only way fans can make a positive impact is by uniting and getting behind the team. At the moment, the fans are doing nothing more than creating a massive doom cloud over the club. That Liverpool incident came all from completely unwarranted criticism of the team. Getting behind the team, if you like or not is going to translate into chants about Pearson. If you can't get that or have enough intelligence to bare that mind, you have no reason to translate that into violence.

The bottom line is all parties need to grow up.

lol

Didn't you once boast about punching other fans in the face for standing?

The moral high ground isn't exactly your strong point.

This thread is one of the saddest reads I've had in a while. InckleyFox's bizarre defence of fickleness is tragic enough without all this talk of fighting.

I wasn't there yesterday but if I had been I would have been singing 'One NP' at the end, because I personally think he's the best man for the job, will turn it round and I love him for the memories he's given me. That won't change because we've lost at Manchester United (6 wins in 57 there so he's in good company). I personally want him to know he has my support (along with many others). I may also attempt to outshout any 'Pearson Out!' chants as is my right, because I personally believe it's important that the Manager still feels he has our support. I wouldn't be shouting it directly in anyone's face but I would certainly be making my own feelings known.

I don't consider singing up for the Manager (or any players) an attempt to antagonise anyone - whether they are 'a face' or not I couldn't give one - but fortunately for the Manager some of us have memories that lasts longer than 90 minutes.

I've been called a cvnt the week after West Ham for singing 'PK is a blue' after he made a good challenge. 'Why you singing his name, you cvnt?' was the embarrassing retort at Hull. I didn't deem it necessary to have a direct row so I ignored it and sang it louder.

I can't believe I'm reading all this in effect, because we lost at Manchester United. I mean Christ. Real shock that one. And before anyone pipes up with 'it's because we're bottom of the league' - how come it didn't happen at Spurs then? Yes NP makes mistakes, as do most other managers, but it is a fact that there is a certain demographic within our fanbase who have hated him since day 1 and will continue to do so even if he won the Cup. I don't consider NP bigger than the club but considering we are in a lot better financial state and league position than we were when he took over (on both occasions), I think it's worth giving him the chance to learn from his mistakes rather than tearing the whole strategy up and starting again with a new manager forced to harbour his players until the summer.

Why am I defending fickleness? What's it got to do with fickleness? I know a guy who maintained that we should get Pearson back in 2011, stick with him till we got up and then fire him at once and bring in a proven PL manager. Is he fickle? He may well be a whole lot more right than you or I were, but he certainly isn't fickle.

I support Pearson, but think you're insane and stubborn beyond all reason if you can't see that he's not doing especially well this season, unless your expectations were that we'd be doing worse than QPR and Burnley and be rock bottom of the table, after back-to-back defeats. To criticise him, or disagree with people vocally supporting him when he's making such awful decisions is perfectly normal, or at least it is if you've got the slightest modicum of ambition for your football club.

It's a really simple idea, I'm amazed you can't grasp it.

You can sing whatever you want, whenever you want. You know, I believe it was fine for Geert Wilders to deliver his race hate speech in the UK so long as he put up with people telling him why he was so wrong, so obviously I've got no problem with chants in the name of a manager I quite like. But we're not Geert Wilders, we're not trying to stoke up a war, we're trying to get along and support our football club. So why not focus on the common ground and do just that?

If you want to sing Pearson's name and it's going to cause an argument if you sing it at x time but not if you sing it at y time then - if you DON'T want an argument - wait until y time. If you DO want an argument, or just feel that it's your right to do whatever the hell you like because it's freedom of speech and you can say what you like when you like, then go ahead and sing it at x time. That's surely how people co-exist; by making compromises, finding common ground, respecting each other's views, coming together, and acting in a way which isn't designed to provoke.

He's understandably a divisive figure right now. If you sing his name when we're playing badly, you know full well that people sitting nearby are going to disagree. And, unlike singing the names of players, it's hardly going to have a positive impact on the field. So if you chant his name in one of those rare moments when it's going VERY wrong, you can quite reasonably expect an argument. And when there's enough people who've drunk enough beer, expect that to get nasty from time to time.

But here's the problem. It isn't all about cheering on your manager because you like him and think he's doing a fine job, or getting behind the side and doing all you can to elicit a performance. It's about saying 'f*** you Stringer', 'f*** you all of those fans who Pearson told to f*** themselves', and it's about that same mentality we see when people reveal that they'd 'rather get relegated with Pearson than stay up without them'. It's about people who put their love of the man so far ahead of the wellbeing of the club that they don't even realise they're doing it. And this, I repeat, is from somebody who has sung his name many, many times.

The fact that some of you have decided to question how much of a fan I am, and then respond to me pointing out just how much of a fan I am by insinuating that I'm a liar, tells you what we're dealing with here. I am and have always been pro-Pearson, but as a body of people the arguments in his favour have been consistently hysterical, unbalanced, stubborn, abusive and confrontational. It's not surprise whatsoever that you're finally getting yourselves into a fight or two. You will literally turn on anyone and insult them with the comfort of numbers behind you, with more venom and ill will than you'd ever reserve for an opposition fan. In my case, I'm actually in the same camp as you where Pearson is concerned, but I'm not 'enough' in the same camp, so I get slated too.

All being well, we'll win just enough games to blow the rooftops off your low expectations and keep everyone happy for a year or two. Because if we don't and you are this eager to create trouble, then I'm afraid you're going to get it.

When people refuse to see any wrong in someone it is weird, not the people who are protective, but those who are over protective, bound to lead to fighting between two extreme opposites

I don't understand people actively disliking Pearson because on balance he's been a good boss for us. But the level of the support for him has become hysterical and no longer especially related to how good a job he's actually doing, and it's gone up a fair few notches the minute he looks like he's struggling, and on the back of him being abusive towards a section of his support.

People must be able to understand, quite rationally, that there's a valid opinion that he's not doing a great job right now. And we must be able to understand that people are going to disagree with our viewpoint. Now when we're doing alright, and he's done his job well, that's never going to be a problem, but some people are being very, very confrontational in their defence of him and at the wrong moment that could understandably provoke arguments.

If a sense of solidarity means nothing to you, then go ahead. I'm not going to kick off, though I'll chant his name - as I do - when I think he's earned it. But if you know something is going to provoke arguments, and sensible ones, then do you really want to do it, even if it's your opinion and you have the right to express it? That's my question.

Yawn.

What is this hysterical support for the manager? Where is it?

I am fed up with this utter shite. Every argument against people in favour is laced with one or both of the following complete falsities:

- 'You refuse to acknowledge his mistakes' - no one has said he's perfect

- 'You think Pearson is bigger than the club' - tripe. People think stability is important and that chasing short-term, immediate gains isn't entirely productive.

I'm saddened that we are even having this discussion and I find it embarrassing for you that you think at any stage it is unacceptable to support your team.

Archived