Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Ulloa

remember when people called him a donkey HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh defo still a donkey, first touch is woeful. This is just a bit of classic FT knee jerk "look he's scored he's amazing again yyeeaaaaaa told you so" In the league he's been dreadful for the entire calendar year and was rightfully going to lose his place today until the last minute. I have to say though he was much better today best display he's put on in the league all year.

One thing you have to give him if something falls for him in the box he does take it. I think nearly every goal he has scored bar Spurs in the cup has been a first time finish. Still if we stay up it's going to cost us 10 million which still  makes me cringe and will continue to do so unless he has a spectacular end to the season which I can only hope he does as we need as many lads in that XI playing out of the skin in the next few weeks as possible.

Oh defo still a donkey, first touch is woeful. This is just a bit of classic FT knee jerk "look he's scored he's amazing again yyeeaaaaaa told you so" In the league he's been dreadful for the entire calendar year and was rightfully going to lose his place today until the last minute. I have to say though he was much better today best display he's put on in the league all year.

One thing you have to give him if something falls for him in the box he does take it. I think nearly every goal he has scored bar Spurs in the cup has been a first time finish. Still if we stay up it's going to cost us 10 million which still  makes me cringe and will continue to do so unless he has a spectacular end to the season which I can only hope he does as we need as many lads in that XI playing out of the skin in the next few weeks as possible.

Well it's not because like I said, I and others were defending him this week. If he was in form for large parts of the season he'd be in the same position as Ings and Austin and sought after. He's not been at that level but he's still got 10 goals despite us being bottom of the table for the last 6 months.

This is a bit of classic FT thinking that we deserve better than we've got. We're a team that's fighting relegation, you don't get many faultless players that will score 15-20 goals a season. Get used to it mate.

Well it's not because like I said, I and others were defending him this week. If he was in form for large parts of the season he'd be in the same position as Ings and Austin and sought after. He's not been at that level but he's still got 10 goals despite us being bottom of the table for the last 6 months.

This is a bit of classic FT thinking that we deserve better than we've got. We're a team that's fighting relegation, you don't get many faultless players that will score 15-20 goals a season. Get used to it mate.

Not a case of deserve it's a case of good business, he's got 8 or 9 in the league? And we thrid bottom, behind both the teams those respective players play for. 10 million pounds is a big outlay, realistically how much are Ings or Austin going to go for. Bearing in mind as well Ulloa was purchased age 28 and gives away around four years to Austin and another three years on top of that to Ings. It was far too much and invested better, we could of got a much better player in.

If you don't expect him to hold the ball up or even regularly control the ball then he's a raving success.

He's a great instinctive finisher but he's not much more than a lump outside of the penalty area.

I think he's a great option for us to have but I was hoping he'd be more of a Plan B as opposed to the Plan A he has been for most of the season. In large part that comes down to Vardy and Nugent taking so long to get up to speed.

If you don't expect him to hold the ball up or even regularly control the ball then he's a raving success.

He's a great instinctive finisher but he's not much more than a lump outside of the penalty area.

I think he's a great option for us to have but I was hoping he'd be more of a Plan B as opposed to the Plan A he has been for most of the season. In large part that comes down to Vardy and Nugent taking so long to get up to speed.

I wouldn't expect anymore from Nugent especially playing where he is. His top level career is very consistent goal scoring wise with his efforts this season, in and out of the team playing reasonably well but falling well short of scoring much more than five or six goals. If he stays next season I'd fully expect the same unless we start getting more pens.

Performance wise I think he's done really well but you'll never see a large goal return from him.

Vardy is a bit of a different. Very strange player, terrible for large parts of his career at this club yet seems to be able to produce periods of great form at the same time. 

Not a case of deserve it's a case of good business, he's got 8 or 9 in the league? And we thrid bottom, behind both the teams those respective players play for. 10 million pounds is a big outlay, realistically how much are Ings or Austin going to go for. Bearing in mind as well Ulloa was purchased age 28 and gives away around four years to Austin and another three years on top of that to Ings. It was far too much and invested better, we could of got a much better player in.

Sadly I think that £8m is the going rate these days.

His goal was excellent, great power on that finish. Apart from that he was steady, and put in a good shift. Definitely want him, Nuge and Vardy to start next week. Now is not the time to introduce Kramaric to the English game, given the situation we are in. 

Sadly I think that £8m is the going rate these days.

It's not though is it, and he's going to cost us 10 if we stay up?

Charlie Austin was signed for 4 million, Papiss Cisse was 9.3. Sakho was never anything near that, Benteke was 7. Pelle was about 8?

These are all players that are 

A) Younger

B) Have top level experience and have scored goals in top level football.

C) Have done it in mutiple seasons and consistantly over a length of time, not just in one or two.

D) Have hit the net more times than him this season.

I appreciate some of these have proved one or more of my points after signing for their club but they are no different to Ulloa in that regard. His top level record was pathetic before signing for us.

Glad he managed to score and break his little spell, would have been a little pissed if he missed that chance though tbh.

Another example of Ulloa's one shot - one goal style of play, amazes me how little Ulloa shoots yet has 10 goals for City.

Charlie Austin was signed for 4 million, Papiss Cisse was 9.3. Sakho was never anything near that, Benteke was 7. Pelle was about 8?

A) Younger

C) Have done it in mutiple seasons and consistantly over a length of time, not just in one or two.

I appreciate some of these have proved one or more of my points after signing for their club but they are no different to Ulloa in that regard. His top level record was pathetic before signing for us.

Pelle who is older and has scored the same amount of league goals?

Benteke who has scored 10 goals the last 2 seasons despite playing Premiership football for nearly 3 years now?

Can't just make up stuff to suit your point.

A) Younger

There was hardly an abundance of available aternatives during the summer transfer window. You've been rather selctive (and occasionally dishonest as Pelle is older) in your alternatives. I could point to Jozy Altidore, Hernandez, Soldado etc

The truth is, with Championship strikers like Rhodes and McCormack costing the same or more, we're in a world where adequate strikers carry a premium.

Pelle who is older and has scored the same amount of league goals?

Benteke who has scored 10 goals the last 2 seasons despite playing Premiership football for nearly 3 years now?

Can't just make up stuff to suit your point.

There was hardly an abundance of available aternatives during the summer transfer window. You've been rather selctive (and occasionally dishonest as Pelle is older) in your alternatives. I could point to Jozy Altidore, Hernandez, Soldado etc

The truth is, with Championship strikers like Rhodes and McCormack costing the same or more, we're in a world where adequate strikers carry a premium.

I'm not making stuff up Haydos I'm mistaken in regards to Pele, my bad, it is still one fault in otherwise quite reasonable point which you've failed to address and instead just decided to pick out and pretty irrelevant mistake. The others are all younger, and have delivered consistently and more so have delivered more this season. 

Benteke scored 10 last season and was out for for large parts of the season, Benteke has scored 10 this season has been out for large parts of this season, Benteke scored 19 in his first season. Ulloa has been fit the entire season and has scored 9, Benteke is years younger and cost a million pound less, to suggest that I'm "making stuff up" when saying Christian Benteke is completley and obviously a much better buy is lunacy tbh, normally agree with a lot of stuff you say as well.

fm, I am well aware other teams buy shit players for large amounts of money, McCormack was one of the biggest jokes of a transfer in footballing history, although for the record I'd take Rhodes over Ulloa in a heart beat. If we want to do well and achieve our goals we have to buy well we can't afford to buy a player like that for 11 Million pounds or we are down and where Fulham are now. Now I will fully admit that are previous shrewdness in the transfer market is what left this particular transfer with a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, Pearson normally buys quality for small amounts of money and this case, seemed to buy a player who offered little more than whats here already and smashed our transfer record in the process.

Ulloa is a decent player in his role....Comparisons with Austin and Ings aren't really valid as his build/strengths are different to theirs...

For those that insist in doing so however, I can't really see how Leo's 8 in 31 games is so very inferior to Ings' 9 in 29...

Yes, we all can see Austin has scored a bagload this season, but that's down to the way Rangers play.....he's the scorer, the rest of the team concentrate on providing him with chances... Whether Ings is good enough for England, I don't know, but to cap Austin would be like  Tesco giving caps away with your groceries!!

It's very easy really

Danny Ings - 1 million pounds.

Leonardo Ulloa - 8 Million pounds rising to 10.

That's not even taking into consideration age which is a huge factor. 

I'm not making stuff up Haydos I'm mistaken in regards to Pele, my bad, it is still one fault in otherwise quite reasonable point which you've failed to address and instead just decided to pick out and pretty irrelevant mistake. The others are all younger, and have delivered consistently and more so have delivered more this season. 

Benteke scored 10 last season and was out for for large parts of the season, Benteke has scored 10 this season has been out for large parts of this season, Benteke scored 19 in his first season. Ulloa has been fit the entire season and has scored 9, Benteke is years younger and cost a million pound less, to suggest that I'm "making stuff up" when saying Christian Benteke is completley and obviously a much better buy is lunacy tbh, normally agree with a lot of stuff you say as well.

fm, I am well aware other teams buy shit players for large amounts of money, McCormack was one of the biggest jokes of a transfer in footballing history, although for the record I'd take Rhodes over Ulloa in a heart beat. If we want to do well and achieve our goals we have to buy well we can't afford to buy a player like that for 11 Million pounds or we are down and where Fulham are now. Now I will fully admit that are previous shrewdness in the transfer market is what left this particular transfer with a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, Pearson normally buys quality for small amounts of money and this case, seemed to buy a player who offered little more than whats here already and smashed our transfer record in the process.

Who would you have bought who would be a) younger b) cheaper and c) as effective?

Which striker (Sakho aside) was bought by any Premier league side this summer that cost an equivilent sum and meets your criteria?

Who would you have bought who would be a) younger b) cheaper and c) as effective?

Which striker was bought by any Premier league side this summer that cost an equivilent sum and meets your criteria?

That's impossible to answer isn't unless you've got a mathematical formula for working out how effective someone would be in this league and a quote from the respective club about how much they would cost.

But while he is slightly older I am slightly perplexed as to why we were so adamant that we weren't going to pay 10 Million for Shinji Okazaki, a bloke who has delivered a near 2/1 average at Bundesliga and international level in the last two years. When we more than willing to pay that for Ulloa who's done nothing a top level and tbh nothing particularly outstanding at Champioship level.

It's very easy really

Danny Ings - 1 million pounds.

Leonardo Ulloa - 8 Million pounds rising to 10.

That's not even taking into consideration age which is a huge factor.

Kramaric 9 million.one for the future maybe but in no way can he start in front of ulloa.poor today and only seems to want to do stepovers at times and he misses chances he was bought into score.ulloas got more than all the other strikers put together

That's impossible to answer isn't unless you've got a mathematical formula for working out how effective someone would be in this league and a quote from the respective club about how much they would cost.

But while he is slightly older I am slightly perplexed as to why we were so adamant that we weren't going to pay 10 Million for Shinji Okazaki, a bloke who has delivered a near 2/1 average at Bundesliga and international level in the last two years. When we more than willing to pay that for Ulloa who's done nothing a top level and tbh nothing particularly outstanding at Champioship level.

I would assume because we had a limited pool of money and come January he cost too much. I also suspect the concern was about his ability to adapt to the 'English' game, over recent season the most succesful strikers signed by more modest clubs have had at least 2 years experience in Britain (Lambert, Fletcher, Holt, Long, Jelavic).

I don't think Ulloa is particularly good, but I do feel that he cost an appropriate sum as, in terms of other summer signings, no striker has really achieved what Ulloa has.

Archived