Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Ulloa

At times he makes me wonder why we even bothered putting in the effort to get him - the last few months have probably been the worst stint of his professional career in terms of form and goals scored.

That being said, I think he deserves some credit for his performance and shift vs West Ham, he managed to do the dirty work, actually got a few shots off for once, won a penalty, and acted as a solid target man.

Different styles of play suit different players, I think Ulloa's little run in the team is beneficial to our starters, and those being left out as impact subs. Either want to see Kramaric for 90 mins from the start, or 30 odd coming on against tired legs.

He wasn't poor yesterday. He just wasn't super effective as he was playing against a big defence. Did fine at Spurs. Not playing as well he was earlier in the season because 1) no-one is, so he isn't getting the chances 2) Not getting a run in the team

I certainly wouldn't say it's 'gone wrong' though. He doesn't look like a useless lump to me. I expect he'll be an important player for us in the run in.

Tend to agree with the original post. For a big bloke he jumps about 4ft 6. Vardy wins more headers as he actually leaps.

We spends to much time doing a Chris wood and trying to play the man not the ball.

If he hadn't scored those goals early on in the season. He would be lumped in the same bracket as badbuy.

I was watching a different game to you some of guys. I thought he was poor. I was relieved when kramaric replaced him and Tbf he then helped turn the game.

Tend to agree with the original post. For a big bloke he jumps about 4ft 6. Vardy wins more headers as he actually leaps.

We spends to much time doing a Chris wood and trying to play the man not the ball.

If he hadn't scored those goals early on in the season. He would be lumped in the same bracket as badbuy.

Agree with this

He's just badly out of form, but he's not suddenly a shit player. Our style of play is at times unsuited to his game and that's why Vardy and Nugent usually look more effective for us. I think for the remaining 8 games we have to play the 3 that finished the game but with Albrighton perhaps back in the fold then having Ulloa on the end of some of his crosses will result in a goal or two.

He's just badly out of form, but he's not suddenly a shit player. Our style of play is at times unsuited to his game and that's why Vardy and Nugent usually look more effective for us. I think for the remaining 8 games we have to play the 3 that finished the game but with Albrighton perhaps back in the fold then having Ulloa on the end of some of his crosses will result in a goal or two.

He can't do the dirty stuff that a striker at a club in our position has to be able to do. He should be able to do this even if he's off form. Challenge for aerial balls, harrass the defenders and generally make a nuisance of yourself. He doesn't do enough of this and with his height, he should be a pain in the defenders arses. He disappoints every time he plays at the moment.

Thought he did ok yesterday. The thing is , especially at this level what you need is a run of games to find your form. He's suffered from being in and out so often, different strike partners, different formations. I don't think he's been able to find his rhythm. I think he's done ok

He is basically not very good, got very lucky with his early season goals. No way near a credible premier league striker.

For his height and assumed strength he wins jack sh1t in the air, gives away needless fouls and spends a lot of his time on his ass.

His first touch is atrocious and one of the big reasons our attacks break down so quickly and the ball ends up back in the feet of our opponents.

He is basically not very good, got very lucky with his early season goals. No way near a credible premier league striker.

For his height and assumed strength he wins jack sh1t in the air, gives away needless fouls and spends a lot of his time on his ass.

His first touch is atrocious and one of the big reasons our attacks break down so quickly and the ball ends up back in the feet of our opponents.

If this is true what does it say about our other so called "strikers". :rolleyes: Attacking Ulloa is a Pearsonite diversionary tactic. :unsure:

If we stay up he's paid his transfer fee back with his early goals in the season.

If we go down, he's a flop.

Should be replaced for kramaric as other people have already stated, him Vardy and Nugent can interchange positions which could be very dangerous and leave defenders very vulnerable to being caught out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky with early season goals? Sorry pal, but that is just stupid. The header at home to man utd was luck? Away at stoke was luck? Header at home to arsenal was luck? He is the best finisher we have on the field and while he has some areas of his game that need improvement you're going well over the top.

Winning the penalty yesterday was a lovely disguised touch inside, and should he have been behind the spot kick, the game would have been wrapped up IMO.

Lucky with early season goals? Sorry pal, but that is just stupid. The header at home to man utd was luck? Away at stoke was luck? Header at home to arsenal was luck? He is the best finisher we have on the field and while he has some areas of his game that need improvement you're going well over the top.

Winning the penalty yesterday was a lovely disguised touch inside, and should he have been behind the spot kick, the game would have been wrapped up IMO.

I agree he is a great finisher, but if your not in the right place to finish, then your not a great finisher, because you hardly ever finish, which is why he didn't finish, the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ulloa is talented footballer but we haven't played to his strengths for a large part of the season. His early goals, such as his strikes against Stoke, Man Utd and Arsenal involved deliveries into the box which he was able to attack. 

Quite why Albrighton, who delivered 5/6 very decent crosses, including the one leading to the winner, hasn't been involved in the team alongside Ulloa this season is a complete myth. It seems so logical that a striker who possesses an aerial threat like Ulloa's and a winger like Albrighton who enjoys and has the ability to cross the ball and find Ulloa could be a massive attacking force but we don't seem to like playing it.

That being said Kramaric/Vardy/Nugent looks the more threatening combination at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised to see Ulloa left out at WBA.

I have said it all the way through the season, its not fair in my opinion, singling out any of our newbuys, for heavy criticism

The bb of our experienced squad have not performed, these new players, may have shown more, if we had turned out

more consistent performances.Our strikers were starved of any decent service, our midfields individual players, were, or are

not being able to hold turn and distribute, too many times lost the ball when not completing the easiest of passes.

Cambiasso, Mahrez looked better, in avg performances, because others have been poor.

Then we fans have so varying and different opinions.

one good example Matty James has had problems putting in consistently good crosses or corners,

yesterday Watching the game 3 times, he put in a good alround performances, including some top

crosses, but the receiving players were not challenging the ball or space often enough, but other posters, believed he was at fault.

Archived