Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Ulloa

I quite like him; as others have said I don't think his style of play perhaps suits us, but (as Finners pointed out) there is nobody else in the squad I'd prefer in a one-on-one situation or on the end of a chance in the box. Shame we haven't seen him and Albrighton together a little more.

I still think Leo has something to offer and anybody bracketing him with Akinbiyi needs to reassess their life.

He isn't a bad finisher, it just baffles me how few chances seem to ever fall to him.

It's because he doesn't position himself in an area where he is able to receive the ball with the prospect of a shot on goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tend to agree with the original post. For a big bloke he jumps about 4ft 6. Vardy wins more headers as he actually leaps.

We spends to much time doing a Chris wood and trying to play the man not the ball.

If he hadn't scored those goals early on in the season. He would be lumped in the same bracket as badbuy.

A bit like Robbie Nielson who had the reputation of a long throw, Pearson said it was the shortest long throw he had ever seen

Get balls into the box and he is a threat. At the start of the season he was really good at linking up play, particularly against Arsenal I thought he was awesome. I think his confidence is low and therefore looks a bad player. But he is still the best finisher at the club so I would play him and hope he can get his confidence back up to how he was playing at the start of the season. 

Without ulloa we would never have had a cup run and would be down by now.

Can anyone really say we would of missed Nugent if he had left in the summer. I wish we had got another striker in the summer as well as Ulloa  stood up and scored but Vardy and Nugent are dire at finishing to say the least. Last season in a team that got 100 points and 100 goals Ulloa would of got 35 at least.Keep hearing were a better team with Nugent in it,what a load of rubbish playing a striker who can't score(even has a pen conversion rate of 62%) 

Get balls into the box and he is a threat. At the start of the season he was really good at linking up play, particularly against Arsenal I thought he was awesome. I think his confidence is low and therefore looks a bad player. But he is still the best finisher at the club so I would play him and hope he can get his confidence back up to how he was playing at the start of the season.

He is not in the box when the balls come in that is the problem he always on the edge of it

Without ulloa we would never have had a cup run and would be down by now.

Can anyone really say we would of missed Nugent if he had left in the summer. I wish we had got another striker in the summer as well as Ulloa  stood up and scored but Vardy and Nugent are dire at finishing to say the least. Last season in a team that got 100 points and 100 goals Ulloa would of got 35 at least.Keep hearing were a better team with Nugent in it,what a load of rubbish playing a striker who can't score(even has a pen conversion rate of 62%) 

Well I suppose that's what forums are all about personal opinions but couldn't disagree more. Apart from a terrific header Ulloa has been a massive disappointment, if he loses possession rarely see him battle to win it back, if he thinks he has been fouled throws his arms in the air with a f^cking stupid grin, he falls over too easily and I swear he would be beaten in the air by Tyrion Lannister. 

Nugent may not be the best finisher but neither is Ulloa and Nugent will chase everything, a grafter which Ulloa certainly is not!!!

He is not in the box when the balls come in that is the problem he always on the edge of it

Because he has to drop deeper, because he's not getting the service. It's a vicious circle. Given his style of play he'd thrive on proper wingers who can whip stuff in for him.

I think the formation we started with on Saturday could really suit him if we played with direct wingers (maybe even Vardy who's looking sharp out wide) who's sole objective is to get the ball into the box.

That said, I thought Nugent, Vardy and Kramaric looked tidy enough as a trio. Good to have options I guess.

Maybe I'm alone but I thought he did a good job on Saturday of being an awkward to deal with striker against one of the teams more comfortable with aerial challenges. When he went off the physical stuff had taken a lot out of their back four, Vardy and Kramaric began to take advantage.

Therefore given WBA's defence and how they struggle with Zamora, I would play him next week.

It's all about game to game. Krammy against someone like Swansea will probably be a lot more useful.

Maybe I'm alone but I thought he did a good job on Saturday of being an awkward to deal with striker against one of the teams more comfortable with aerial challenges. When he went off the physical stuff had taken a lot out of their back four, Vardy and Kramaric began to take advantage.

Therefore given WBA's defence and how they struggle with Zamora, I would play him next week.

It's all about game to game. Krammy against someone like Swansea will probably be a lot more useful.

?

He spent either most of the time on his ass or fouling people. If we are to get out of this mess we need to play our best players and based on saturdays result post ulloa going off he is most certainly not one of them.

?

He spent either most of the time on his ass or fouling people. If we are to get out of this mess we need to play our best players and based on saturdays result post ulloa going off he is most certainly not one of them.

It's called balance for me - a bit of rough with the smooth. Do you think the three of Kramaric, Nugent and Vardy can physically challenge Olsson, Lescott and Maculay? They will be eaten up.

Now if you are talking those three against Newcastle or Swansea or Southampton, I'd say there is more of a case.

The subbing of Ulloa completely killed our momentum in that second half and we only got back on top ten minutes later.

Well I suppose that's what forums are all about personal opinions but couldn't disagree more. Apart from a terrific header Ulloa has been a massive disappointment, if he loses possession rarely see him battle to win it back, if he thinks he has been fouled throws his arms in the air with a f^cking stupid grin, he falls over too easily and I swear he would be beaten in the air by Tyrion Lannister.

Nugent may not be the best finisher but neither is Ulloa and Nugent will chase everything, a grafter which Ulloa certainly is not!!!

For the penalty ulloa heads it clear ,lays the ball off to vardy and then gets into the opposition box .yes he is not the most mobile but that's not to say he doesn't work hard,he's our best header of the ball from opposition corners which given our defending if he wasn't there has probably saved a few goals.if he doesn't play the ball comes back at us far to easily as Nugent and kramaric are not going to hold it up.nugent is far worse than ulloa in the air

His positioning nearly always seems off to me, he doesn't spend nearly enough time in the box. Given his lack of mobility compared to Vardy and Nuge he needs to be an outlet and he is rarely in the position to be. Obviously he needs to defend corners (something he does well) but just in general play he is far too often far too deep.

• 2 weeks later...

remember when people called him a donkey HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Same old, same old from some of our fans. It was only a couple of days ago I was defending him from being called useless from yet another person that seems to have for gotten he's our leading scorer and his goals have won us some very important points this season.

Same old, same old from some of our fans. It was only a couple of days ago I was defending him from being called useless from yet another person that seems to have for gotten he's our leading scorer and his goals have won us some very important points this season.

According to some just last week he was and i quote, the worst striker to ever play for us. Some absolute morons on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived