Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Great post. Could not agree more. He gives me confidence when he is on the field directing traffic. Pleasure to see him in a Leicester shirt. Viva Cambiasso

Cambiasso is class. If United had him at the start of the season (when they were without Carrick) they'd be right up there, and Cambiasso would look even better pinging it about to Di Maria and the like. He's better than Carrick, and most people regard Carrick as United's brain.

Rather than imagining if we'd put Izzet in his prime in this side, can we just imagine if we'd had this Cambiasso instead of (the excellent, but not quite so excellent) Garry Parker? A midfield three of EC, Izzet and Lennon?? That's comparing like for like, and the sky would truly have been the limit.

Finally, The reason that we love him, (and I know I'm probably preaching to the converted in Col and FIF now) is that even though he could still be doing a great job for United, Arsenal, Spurs, earning better money and plaudits and even though he is playing with lesser players who don't match his speed of thought, he carries on busting his balls and looking brilliant. He has every reason not to care how our season pans out and he seems to genuinely care the most of everybody. That's why even if it's only one season, he will be a legend forever.

Would do them all...

If this is the pass I'm thinking of my old man summed it up when he said: "I didn't even see that from here". Even with our vantage point up in the stand he played a pass that we hadn't spotted and he was down there on the pitch in the thick of it. That's when you know you're witnessing class.

Jesus, I said the exact same thing

Just love his neat ball out to the wing. Most players keep it simple and play it five yards, Esteban spots Albrighton/ Schlupp/ Mahrez in space and floats it perfectly out there for the winger to run onto.

Didn't he get a reasonable sign on bonus and around 40k a week? I think renewing his contract is an absolute no brainer, the way he plays I don't think being another year older will change his game much. But he will be a free agent at the end of the year, we won't be the only ones who have noticed his brilliant levels of performance, every chance a big team will come in for him.

Sorry but I don't believe any fan knows what a player is on.

Why would a player or the club want that to be public, I can't imagine that many in the club would have that info and that it would be more than their job is worth to reveal it to someone likely to spread it on the internet.

Sorry but I don't believe any fan knows what a player is on.

Why would a player or the club want that to be public, I can't imagine that many in the club would have that info and that it would be more than their job is worth to reveal it to someone likely to spread it on the internet.

I know for a fact that Albrighton is on £35k actually.

Why would his girlfriend tell you what he is on?

And then you go and tell everyone on the board?

Kinell man who gives a shit that I let fellow fans know what he is on and I am not gonna say anymore about his girlfriend cos they are together.

Fairly sure that most players don't even know what each other are on.

lol yeah ok 

Kinell man who gives a shit that I let fellow fans know what he is on and I am not gonna say anymore about his girlfriend cos they are together.

lol yeah ok 

I'd imagine that Albrighton cares.

Perhaps the gf feels you've betrayed a confidence.

Many places of work where people are on different salaries don't share that info with each other.

I'd imagine that Albrighton cares.

Perhaps the gf feels you've betrayed a confidence.

Many places of work where people are on different salaries don't share that info with each other.

I doubt he cares, man's on £35k he won't care about me telling you.

On career stats, yes. Assume that's where u were coming from.

I think ever. The O'Neil team was probably our best ever team. But individually imo he is the best player we have ever had. If he was in that team I reckon he would have the stats to back up how good he has been this season. 

I think ever. The O'Neil team was probably our best ever team. But individually imo he is the best player we have ever had. If he was in that team I reckon he would have the stats to back up how good he has been this season. 

:rolleyes:

I recall Birch once saying that in his opinion Weller was amongst the top five players to ever don a City shirt. No idea who the other four were but I would hazard a guess at Rowley, Chandler, Wortho and Lineker or possibly Sjoberg. But what of Banks, Nish, Cross, and Gibson? It's all relative and it's always hard to facilitate comparison spanning different eras but as brilliant as Cambiasso has been this season, I think you're getting slightly delirious, over enthusiastic and unrealistic in your appraisal flagrantly overlooking of the pantheon of past masters that have graced this club and the service they gave.

Archived