Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

He isn't.

And as I've said before he's not even our POTS.

He really is on both accounts.

I still don't think you're understanding the subtle wording of what people are saying. The best player to ever play for us, not our best ever player.

He really is on both accounts.

I still don't think you're understanding the subtle wording of what people are saying. The best player to ever play for us, not our best ever player.

That would be Gordon Banks.

In his first few games, I wasn’t convinced he was the best player to have in midfield. His skill and vision were evident, but I thought he wasn’t involved in the game sufficiently.

However, I’m glad NP stuck with him because he has subsequently been consistently good; his work rate has increased significantly and skill levels have remained. He has to be the player of the season; apart from the consistency of performance, I’m sure he will have helped other players.

I'm not going to discuss whether he's our best ever player, but the enjoyment we've had from seeing him play this season must be very close to the top of a season's contribution.

Provided we stay up (and I’m confident we will) I’m looking forward to seeing him again next season. Possibly a coaching role in the future?

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?1075-Esteban-quot-Il-Cuchu-quot-Cambiasso/page165

Its quite funny seeing how Inter Millan's fans miss him since he's left. As if they released Cambiasso and signed Gary Madel of Cardiff.....

No wonder they are struggling in Mid Table this year.

They've been mid-table for some years haven't they? Mourinho was the last one to give them any success?

They've been mid-table for some years haven't they? Mourinho was the last one to give them any success?

Finished 5th last season, 6th in 2012 with a 9th place finish in between. They spent a lot under Mourinho and are feeling the effects now.

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?1075-Esteban-quot-Il-Cuchu-quot-Cambiasso/page165

Its quite funny seeing how Inter Millan's fans miss him since he's left. As if they released Cambiasso and signed Gary Madel of Cardiff.....

No wonder they are struggling in Mid Table this year.

Are these italian inter fans with the whole forum translated to English or?

The decline of both Milan sides is actually pretty sad. Both are total non-entities at the minute. Both are so far behind Juventus it's unreal.

Just been talking to a Liverpool fan about that famous Final in Champions league vs AC Milan. That AC Milan team was absolutely incredible. Really is sad to see the decline of them. Im sure they will eventually be back

I recall Birch once saying that in his opinion Weller was amongst the top five players to ever don a City shirt. No idea who the other four were but I would hazard a guess at Rowley, Chandler, Wortho and Lineker or possibly Sjoberg. But what of Banks, Nish, Cross, and Gibson? It's all relative and it's always hard to facilitate comparison spanning different eras but as brilliant as Cambiasso has been this season, I think you're getting slightly delirious, over enthusiastic and unrealistic in your appraisal flagrantly overlooking of the pantheon of past masters that have graced this club and the service they gave.

Well said.

I agree Cambiasso has been different class (at times) this season but I can't agree with people saying he's the best player ever to wear the shirt (after only 30 games for us FFS!)

Maybe the youngsters jizzing in their pants over him haven't got much to compare him with over the last 10 years, but for us who've been following for over 30+ years, he's still got a bit to do to earn that tag IMHO.

Medals on the table?

Why does Cambiasso only have 52 caps for Argentina?

This is an honest question, not a bate. Who played instead of him over the years?

off the top of my head, veron, riquelme, simeone, mascherano amongst others. 52 caps isn't exactly bad, either. 

Thanks

Archived