Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Liability 2nd half, Ivanovic and Willian were doubling up on Konchesky and Cambiasso was attempting to cover but was useless. Way behind the pace, desperately needed to sub him. Don't know how much use he'll be on Saturday with 61hrs recovery

First half he was a joy to watch though

How did he not score from 3 yards with the goal at his mercy?

I'm sorry but one pass doesn't make up for that. He had a lot of errant passes today mixed in with some good positioning.

He clearly has a great football brain just a shame we're a couple of years too late for the legs to answer it.

Is it just me who though he could have attempted to score when the ball came through to him during that game of head tennis in their box? Absolutely class reading of the play to get into the position, I was expecting him to just give the ball a flick and lift it into the net.

I'm sorry but one pass doesn't make up for that. He had a lot of errant passes today mixed in with some good positioning.

He clearly has a great football brain just a shame we're a couple of years too late for the legs to answer it.

Don't think he expected it, then recycled it which got us a decent chance. Probably should have scored but didn't show the instincts for goal our strikers may have done but to get stick over it? Come on man.

You will literally use anything to make barbed comments about the bloke.

Don't think he expected it, then recycled it which got us a decent chance. Probably should have scored but didn't show the instincts for goal our strikers may have done but to get stick over it? Come on man.

You will literally use anything to make barbed comments about the bloke.

Take it however you want. He showed great anticipation to put himself there and then didn't finish. Sort of what Jeff would do.

Does Cambiasso's vision to make quick, long, first time balls means we're lead to play the way we do, rather than have midfield possession on edge of box like last season, now we're obviously not going to do too possession-wise well against Matic & Ramirez, but the man is so far off the pace it's an unbelievable liability for us, him covering Konchesky when Chelsea doubled up on him in the second half was embarrassing

Such a shame King got injured in first half to bring James on, because Cambiasso was sooooo bad in the second half, yes their midfield is immense so it's harsh, but I'm still of the opinion that accommodating him in the team compromises the other players natural game, apart from hoofing it long for Vardy to chase, leaving the poor lad dead on his feet.

Still, that pass hey

His vision of the game is absolutely incredible, I've not seen many players able to not only pick the passes he does, but to know where people are without seemingly even looking.  Of course you have the downsides that everyone knew would be there due to his age, before anyone says it.

I would have loved to watch him play when he was in his prime.

Does Cambiasso's vision to make quick, long, first time balls means we're lead to play the way we do, rather than have midfield possession on edge of box like last season, now we're obviously not going to do too possession-wise well against Matic & Ramirez, but the man is so far off the pace it's an unbelievable liability for us, him covering Konchesky when Chelsea doubled up on him in the second half was embarrassing

Such a shame King got injured in first half to bring James on, because Cambiasso was sooooo bad in the second half, yes their midfield is immense so it's harsh, but I'm still of the opinion that accommodating him in the team compromises the other players natural game, apart from hoofing it long for Vardy to chase, leaving the poor lad dead on his feet.

Still, that pass hey

So he has to cover konch as well as battle matic, fabregas and Ramirez in midfield.

Yeah..

This could be looked at either way.

The pass to Ulloa WAS one of the best passes I've seen in recent years. I'd go so far as to say that.

If Ulloa didn't have the first touch of a donkey, a competent striker would have brought it down...and likely scored.

People would have been 'spaffing' over the assist for years to come.

How's THAT for praising fans favourite Esteban?

Sometimes I'm so balanced I even impress myself..

lol

The pass to Ulloa WAS one of the best passes I've seen in recent years. I'd go so far as to say that.

If Ulloa didn't have the first touch of a donkey, a competent striker would have brought it down...and likely scored.

lol

Yayyyyy lol 100% right though

lol

lol

You know you don't have to keep responding to people about Cambiasso, right?  :ph34r:

The angle looked terrible and fair play if he didn't think he could get it past the players in his way.

think he could've scored tbf, although getting in that position, the touch and then putting it on a plate for albrighton 10 yards out wasn't exactly the worst idea. 

the pass was nuts. the whole defense just on their bikes lol 

Trying to backheel that or something into the net was obviously not as good an option as playing it to a guy just a few yards further out who is actually facing the goal and has space to shoot. Dunno how anyone can blame him for that, it was brilliant composure.

Trying to backheel that or something into the net was obviously not as good an option as playing it to a guy just a few yards further out who is actually facing the goal and has space to shoot. Dunno how anyone can blame him for that, it was brilliant composure.

Couldn't he just have flipped it on. He wasn't past the goal post.

I love the man but I think even he would look back and think "I could have probably taken that myself". To say that trying to flick the ball in when he's about 2 yards out is a better option than passing it back to someone else to shoot, with a crowd of players in the box, seems like you're willing to see no fault.

As you and Scouse say though, he tee'd Albrighton(I think) up beautifully and kept the move alive.

Archived