Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Couldn't he just have flipped it on. He wasn't past the goal post.

Just watched it back for the first time, basically he could have scored if he'd connected first time, but he saw it late and couldn't reasonably be expected to do that imo. After his first touch hes way outside the post and the pass is the best option.

Edit) Maybe he should have scored first time to be fair, but it wouldn't have been easy to react to the ball going past Ulloa and Cahill the way it did.

His role in both boxes is immense.When defending corners he is on the line directing.

In the opposition box he is so creative off the ball,making runs to divert defenders.The second goal today EC's run took the defender away from Wes.

Wes may wear the captains armband but recently Esteban has been skipper on the pitch.

Watched your game today and not for the first time this season I was captivated by this magnificent bastard. I'm not given to going on opposition forums and I couldn't care less whether you stay up or not but what a quality signing and I just wanted to join in the praise for him.

Could play in any league at any level, could figure in any league team of the year IMO and just a joy to watch.

Right that's me. Bye

Watched your game today and not for the first time this season I was captivated by this magnificent bastard. I'm not given to going on opposition forums and I couldn't care less whether you stay up or not but what a quality signing and I just wanted to join in the praise for him.

Could play in any league at any level, could figure in any league team of the year IMO and just a joy to watch.

Right that's me. Bye

I bet you wish you had him lol arguably better than Gerrard and lampard for sure

Had a quiet game today by his standards, not to say he didn't have a few special moments.

Expected him to be a little off the pace playing 2 games in a week at 34 to be fair.

I don't agree, his leadership and what he does off the ball is second to none... truly opens things up for us, his work rate in both boxes is truly special... and on the ball we have had no better player

absolute genius for our second. stands offside, then blocks their defender's attempt to track morgan/ulloa by just standin still

I knew you'd somehow claim it was thanks to Cambi.

He played well today but not in the top 8 players we had. 

I knew you'd somehow claim it was thanks to Cambi.

He played well today but not in the top 8 players we had.

cos it partly was. clearly.

I agree he wasn't at the top of his game today. 3 games in a week was a lot and luckily he is good enough to do less moving and still be influential because he's a genius.

Again, he was just ok today. He did what he does nicely but he didn't turn any heads particularly.

Others really were superb today. Especially Vardy and Schlupp.

I hope Cambi has a cracking game against Sunderland. That is now such a big fixture.

Would love a decent interview with cambiasso. He seems to care so much. I wonder how he rates Leicester City as a club and how he is enjoying it here. He certainly appears to.

Full Of Admiration For Leicester City’s Esteban Cambiasso

6897947-large.jpg

MAY 4, 2015

When Esteban Cambiasso moved to this country a year ago, a lot of people thought the same thing: here was a formerly great player seeking one last big contract before hanging up his boots for good.  That wasn’t unreasonable, either, because a player with the Argentine’s CV joining a club of Leicester City’s standing was an unlikely move.

We’ve seen this before and newly-promoted sides have, in the past, been cheated out of their newly-acquired affluence by the false-promise of names and reputations.

Cambiasso, however, has been a credit to his profession.

With him, it isn’t his literal contribution which has been impressive – although at times it very much has been – but his attitude.  Watch his body-language during Leicester’s matches and watch his reaction when they score goals.  He has won everything worth winning in European football and he has played with some of the finest players of this generation, but his commitment to Nigel Pearson’s side this season has been absolutely total.  Even when Leicester looked certain to be relegated, he was still encouraging the players around him and there was never even the slightest hint that he’d emotionally checked-out.

At times, he’s actually looked like a Leicester fan on the pitch and, while recognition for this recent renaissance should be shared evenly throughout the squad, Cambiasso has seemed like the emotional centre of everything that has happened at the King Power this year.

How can you not admire that?

He’s played in Champions League finals and World Cups, yet he carries himself like a journeyman who has spent his entire career waiting to get to the Premier League and who is now willing to sacrifice everything to stay there.

Physically, he may not quite be the monster that he once was, but, my goodness, what a professional.

Talk Sport today not sure who was talking.

He shepards the players points out where men are that need picking up and marshals the whole show.

Talks to the ref makes points and comments to the ref no shouting.

On top of all that plays a great game he must be a pleasure to work with and an overall help to players and the team.

Why is he not captain.

Not word for word but prety much what was said.

Really is a must keep for us next season then a player/coach roll.

And even succeed NP in a few years.

I dare say even nige has learnt a lot from him.

Would bet some of our training has changed this season due to him.

Nige seems to have respect for him.

Full Of Admiration For Leicester City’s Esteban Cambiasso

6897947-large.jpg

MAY 4, 2015

When Esteban Cambiasso moved to this country a year ago, a lot of people thought the same thing: here was a formerly great player seeking one last big contract before hanging up his boots for good.  That wasn’t unreasonable, either, because a player with the Argentine’s CV joining a club of Leicester City’s standing was an unlikely move.

We’ve seen this before and newly-promoted sides have, in the past, been cheated out of their newly-acquired affluence by the false-promise of names and reputations.

Cambiasso, however, has been a credit to his profession.

With him, it isn’t his literal contribution which has been impressive – although at times it very much has been – but his attitude.  Watch his body-language during Leicester’s matches and watch his reaction when they score goals.  He has won everything worth winning in European football and he has played with some of the finest players of this generation, but his commitment to Nigel Pearson’s side this season has been absolutely total.  Even when Leicester looked certain to be relegated, he was still encouraging the players around him and there was never even the slightest hint that he’d emotionally checked-out.

At times, he’s actually looked like a Leicester fan on the pitch and, while recognition for this recent renaissance should be shared evenly throughout the squad, Cambiasso has seemed like the emotional centre of everything that has happened at the King Power this year.

How can you not admire that?

He’s played in Champions League finals and World Cups, yet he carries himself like a journeyman who has spent his entire career waiting to get to the Premier League and who is now willing to sacrifice everything to stay there.

Physically, he may not quite be the monster that he once was, but, my goodness, what a professional.

Great article Col.

I've probably said this a hundred times, but why did Inter let him go if he was still performing at the highest levels and also how did we sign him. I don't think we overrate him one bit here, he has performed at a far superior level than I certainly expected this season, and has been relatively consistent. I hope we get another season out of him. 

I've probably said this a hundred times, but why did Inter let him go if he was still performing at the highest levels and also how did we sign him. I don't think we overrate him one bit here, he has performed at a far superior level than I certainly expected this season, and has been relatively consistent. I hope we get another season out of him. 

I do not give a fvck just glad we landed him.

A spurs fan I know is well pissed they dropped out the race.

He says he is the best newcomer this season just a shame he is so old.

Talk Sport today not sure who was talking.

He shepards the players points out where men are that need picking up and marshals the whole show.

Talks to the ref makes points and comments to the ref no shouting.

On top of all that plays a great game he must be a pleasure to work with and an overall help to players and the team.

Why is he not captain.

Not word for word but prety much what was said.

Really is a must keep for us next season then a player/coach roll.

And even succeed NP in a few years.

I dare say even nige has learnt a lot from him.

Would bet some of our training has changed this season due to him.

Nige seems to have respect for him.

Were they talking about Huth?

Archived