Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

I'm always surprised that nobody asks him for his shirt at the end of the game, on yesterday's tunnel cam you see konch get jjs shirt. I would like to think Estebans is a shirt any current premier league player would like to have.

I hope they've all been saved to be auctioned off for charity. Would raise a tidy sum!

Theres an interview on the BBC website with Esteban from late March or early April,when we were 7 points adrift.

He  states we can avoid the drop and for him it would be like winning a trophy.

Not only a quality player but one wholly committed to LCFC.Topman!

And then in the next game, he leads by example with a man of the match performance and a superbly controlled strike from the edge of the box, on the half volley which goes right in the bottom corner.  :wub:

Class yet again on Saturday. He was picking out passes I didn't even see from the stand.

Words cannot describe he good he is and my admiration for him. Easily the best footballer I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

Might be time to get a better seat for next season.  :D

For anyone implying that I'm in some way two-faced...absolutely not.

Let me clarify myself once more.

There was a lengthy run around and after Christmas when Cambiasso looked anything but 'world class'. None of the team looked any good. Remember the Villa game in the FA Cup for instance? Even up to Hull at home..a game that was a turgid affair.

However, Cambiasso, like others has stepped up at the time it was massively needed. Hence the praise for his effort and influence. What would people rather I do..just not praise him when it's earn at the football club? For fear of being 'two faced'? I can't win, if that is the case.

:thumbup:

There was a lengthy run around and after Christmas when Cambiasso looked anything but 'world class'. None of the team looked any good. Remember the Villa game in the FA Cup for instance? Even up to Hull at home..a game that was a turgid affair.

However, Cambiasso, like others has stepped up at the time it was massively needed. Hence the praise for his effort and influence. What would people rather I do..just not praise him when it's earn at the football club? For fear of being 'two faced'? I can't win, if that is the case.

Don't worry about it Col, it's only the internet.

I recall Birch once saying that in his opinion Weller was amongst the top five players to ever don a City shirt. No idea who the other four were but I would hazard a guess at Rowley, Chandler, Wortho and Lineker or possibly Sjoberg. But what of Banks, Nish, Cross, and Gibson? It's all relative and it's always hard to facilitate comparison spanning different eras but as brilliant as Cambiasso has been this season, I think you're getting slightly delirious, over enthusiastic and unrealistic in your appraisal flagrantly overlooking of the pantheon of past masters that have graced this club and the service they gave.

Well said.

I agree Cambiasso has been different class (at times) this season but I can't agree with people saying he's the best player ever to wear the shirt (after only 30 games for us FFS!)

Maybe the youngsters jizzing in their pants over him haven't got much to compare him with over the last 10 years, but for us who've been following for over 30+ years, he's still got a bit to do to earn that tag IMHO.

Well said.

I agree Cambiasso has been different class (at times) this season but I can't agree with people saying he's the best player ever to wear the shirt (after only 30 games for us FFS!)

Maybe the youngsters jizzing in their pants over him haven't got much to compare him with over the last 10 years, but for us who've been following for over 30+ years, he's still got a bit to do to earn that tag IMHO.

Why can't he be the best player to ever play for us cos he's only played 30 times? If Ronaldo played for us for half an hour would he not be as good as Barry hayles?

I don't think anybody has ever tried to claim he's done more for the club than anyone else ever, or that he's had as big an impact as some older players did in 5+ year stints. But in terms of his undoubted class he's up there with the best players to ever play for us. Easily.

Why can't he be the best player to ever play for us cos he's only played 30 times? If Ronaldo played for us for half an hour would he not be as good as Barry hayles?

I don't think anybody has ever tried to claim he's done more for the club than anyone else ever, or that he's had as big an impact as some older players did in 5+ year stints. But in terms of his undoubted class he's up there with the best players to ever play for us. Easily.

I also doubt he'd have much trouble against the "have a pint the night before the game" generation - complete athletes nowadays.

Love your comparison lol lol

You're dead right though

We spoke a couple of months ago and were in agreement that Pearson wasn't playing to Estebans strengths.

Playing the style we are now is right up Cambiassios street,he is the anchor man pulling the strings,his heading,tackling and get and give passing has been a joy to watch.

Regardless of the future of his current club Leicester, who are currently in a fight to avoid regulation to the Championship, Cambiasso could have a future outside of England and the Premier League. It was reported by TuttoMercatoWeb that the former Real Madrid and Inter player has received an offer from Indian to play with the Delhi Dynamos. However, Cuchu is said to want to first finish the season at his current club and then make a decision on his future depending on whether Leicester are relegated.

He isn't.

And as I've said before he's not even our POTS.

Archived