Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
everton carr

Tony Pulis

Ive critised Pearson no end this season but at least were looking like were getting somewhere now, even though it's too late he has some sort of football philosophy Pulis however is a one trick pony and will only take a club so far.

But we raised our game against the stonger teams earlier this season, what makes you think we are getting somewhere? Did you not watch the palace home game.

If getting someone consists of not winning and get relegated, I'll have to agree

Were so good were rock bottom of the league and adrift? do me a favour.

Were models of consistency, consistently coming up short in matches, consistently not doing enough to win, consistently making basic defensive mistakes, consistently missing chances in games, and consistently losing.

So how have Villa scored more points than us this season? purely luck? the stars aligning?

Theyve scored more points than us with half the goals. Were dreadful.

Villa's downward trajectory is astonishing and from the outside seems even worse than our post-Utd to Christmas slump

While we can live with anyone at times, before our inevitable gift-giving generosity kicks in

Thing is, WBA have a better squad and had a manager that nobody thought was very good and probably didn't have a lot of respect from his squad.

I think Tony Pulis was waiting for a job where he knew he couldn't fail, if we sacked Pearson in November and spoke to Pulis and he said no, what then? Maybe we even did speak to him.

I don't feel that Pardew would have done so well here.

So the palace squad last season rock bottom just come up - same theory on that one?

We are inconsistent, in how we can leave Arsenal hanging on for a win because we were that good, play the likes off Liverpool & Spurs off the park too, but be that woeful against the likes of Villa away, Burnley, Sunderland, WBA at home - By definition - inconsistent.... Try telling me that Villa & co are any better than woeful?

It's a good point.

My view is that the games against the big teams we set up quite defensively. Three in the middle against Man U (home) and Liverpool away, or three at the back away at Arsenal - so we're quite resilient against the big teams and have pulled off a couple of good results because of it.

But then against the weaker teams we set up 442 and just get nailed.

It's a good point.

My view is that the games against the big teams we set up quite defensively. Three in the middle against Man U (home) and Liverpool away, or three at the back away at Arsenal - so we're quite resilient against the big teams and have pulled off a couple of good results because of it.

But then against the weaker teams we set up 442 and just get nailed.

seems that way to me

i'd call it naive but many call it 'learning'

As much as I wish he wasn't - Nigel is still our Manager and those amongst us (like myself) who feel he should leave have got to accept the fact that there is an extremely big likelihood he is here until the end of the season.

Should we stay up, I will recognise his achievements (still won't be a fan as I never really have been), but I won't decry the bloke. However, should the inevitable happen and we go down and the uncertainity that faces, then who is to say we won't get rid.

Till, then, some of us (myself included) are just going to have to grin and bear it as Top wants Nigel here.

Seriously? The guys been brilliant for us, what does he have to do to win people over

Played 7 won 4 drew 2 lost 1 wonder what the owners are now thinking

I would think they are thinking fvck all really.

They have had chances to sack NP and have not so suggests to me they are happy with what he is doing.

I wonder what our owners thought when Bob paisley Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson started winning league's cup's and European cup's.

Like the Lotto you have to be in it to win it. Our owners did not sack NP and did not chase Pulis so why would they be thinking about him?

Seriously? The guys been brilliant for us, what does he have to do to win people over

I do agree with you. But what Nige has done for us in previous seasons shouldn’t be a factor. Pearson shouldn’t be our boss cos he’s a great guy or cos of what he did in the Championship. He should be our boss cos he’s the best person to lead us forward. And he is!

I like him as our Manager and I want him to stay. However, I want to see a big BIG improvement in him.  I also want to see him looking to other Premiership teams for ideas on tactics and formations. Unless he can accept that other managers might have something to teach him, he’s just going to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I do agree with you. But what Nige has done for us in previous seasons shouldn’t be a factor. Pearson shouldn’t be our boss cos he’s a great guy or cos of what he did in the Championship. He should be our boss cos he’s the best person to lead us forward. And he is!

I like him as our Manager and I want him to stay. However, I want to see a big BIG improvement in him. I also want to see him looking to other Premiership teams for ideas on tactics and formations. Unless he can accept that other managers might have something to teach him, he’s just going to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Agreed but for me you have to factor what he's done here previously while remembering we have gone up a level. It might take him a while but he gets the job done in the end.

So getting us here in the first place in what was a record breaking season isn't enough? Also if you read the post I quoted he's saying if he kept us up fair play but he's isn't a fan.

No. We should be aiming to stay in the Premier League once we are here, not just be happy with one season and few days out.

Agreed but for me you have to factor what he's done here previously while remembering we have gone up a level. It might take him a while but he gets the job done in the end.

This is different to the Championship in terms of having time to get the job done. 

If you finish 6th in the Championship and lose in the play-offs, its a good platform for the next season.

In the Premier league, you have ONE season to achieve your goals, if not you're relegated and doing it all again. It will take Pearson another two years minimum to reach our goals when we are relegated. 

This is different to the Championship in terms of having time to get the job done.

If you finish 6th in the Championship and lose in the play-offs, its a good platform for the next season.

In the Premier league, you have ONE season to achieve your goals, if not you're relegated and doing it all again. It will take Pearson another two years minimum to reach our goals when we are relegated.

Even if we do go down who would you rather have to bring us back up? can't think of anyone that would come in better than pearson? I'd much rather give him time to get it right than going through a number of managers again to be sat watching mid table championship football.

Even if we do go down who would you rather have to bring us back up? can't think of anyone that would come in better than pearson? I'd much rather give him time to get it right than going through a number of managers again to be sat watching mid table championship football.

Or he could have kept us up at the first attempt. 

It's a failed season, simple as that. 

Or he could have kept us up at the first attempt.

It's a failed season, simple as that.

I'm not saying it hasn't been a failed season, but people did have and still have unrealistic expectations of the league to be honest. It's still not over yet anyway anyway, may be hard to come back but Sunderland were written off in a worse situation even by their own manager and still survived.

I'm not including you in this because I don't know your overall stance on the man but some really relish in his failures.

I'm not saying it hasn't been a failed season, but people did have and still have unrealistic expectations of the league to be honest. It's still not over yet anyway anyway, may be hard to come back but Sunderland were written off in a worse situation even by their own manager and still survived.

I'm not including you in this because I don't know your overall stance on the man but some really relish in his failures.

My stance is that we keep with Pearson now that we are in the mess we are in - but we are in the mess because of Pearson. 

There’s absolutely no certainty of that. He’s only got a limited amount of time to get the job done.

This isn’t an internship in which he can make mistakes, try his crazy formations, and learn how to become a Premiership manager. This is it now.

There’s absolutely no certainty of that. He’s only got a limited amount of time to get the job done.

This isn’t an internship in which he can make mistakes, try his crazy formations, and learn how to become a Premiership manager. This is it now.

I see your point, I just think if we go down and come up again or even stay up (even if it is unlikely) he'd do better next time.

I could be wrong though, could end up where Fulham are

Archived