Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
everton carr

Tony Pulis

Again........youre taking the p**s about him picking players like Anichebe, and suggesting he will damage Berahino, yet he is the one who did inspire the comeback at Burnley and he is the one thats lost only one game and has got West Brom pulling away from the relegation zone.

Why is that dreadful?

Ive critised Pearson no end this season but at least were looking like were getting somewhere now, even though it's too late he has some sort of football philosophy Pulis however is a one trick pony and will only take a club so far.

Ive critised Pearson no end this season but at least were looking like were getting somewhere now, even though it's too late he has some sort of football philosophy Pulis however is a one trick pony and will only take a club so far.

So far being midtable safety, which is his brief when he takes over the club. A rescue us plea. Whereas were "getting somewhere" and were rock bottom and have been for months?

Do you think you get struggling teams to midtable without a philosophy? its not fashionable but its whats needed at the time.

Still dont understand peoples problem.

So far being midtable safety, which is his brief when he takes over the club. A rescue us plea. Whereas were "getting somewhere" and were rock bottom and have been for months?

Do you think you get struggling teams to midtable without a philosophy? its not fashionable but its whats needed at the time.

Still dont understand peoples problem.

Suppose it depends what you enjoy and if you're bothered about how you achieve success. Becoming another Stoke and spending year after year lower mid table watching big blokes kick the shit out of the opposition would be my worst footballing nightmare.

We've built a good foundation, from youth level to first team playing in similar fashion - all the successful teams need this. It's unfortunate we've spent all this season failing to score but that's no reason to scrap everything and turn to that man.

If Pearsons to be replaced than we need a manager with a similar style not the opposite.

Suppose it depends what you enjoy and if you're bothered about how you achieve success. Becoming another Stoke and spending year after year lower mid table watching big blokes kick the shit out of the opposition would be my worst footballing nightmare.

We've built a good foundation, from youth level to first team playing in similar fashion - all the successful teams need this. It's just unfortunate we've spent all this season failing to score. But that's no reason to scrap everything and turn to that man.

If Pearsons to be replaced than we need a manager with a similar style not the opposite.

People say its presumptuous to think Pulis can replicate his escape acts everywhere he goes, but its equally presumptuous to suggest Pearson would get us back up again if we went down (which is highly likely) because hes done that before. Especially when you consider most of the key members of the side will be gone and have to be replaced.

Dont kid yourself, those foundations erode quickly when you go down if you dont make an instant return.

Pulis on the other hand inherits clubs where the foundations are creeking, or in the case of Stoke took an unfashionable team up and got them competing with the big boys. He doesnt have the luxury of throwing a £9 million striker on the pitch who is one of Europe's hottest properties at West Brom, his team is crying out for pace and has had the same midfield basically since the championship days. But he digs out results, and he gets the club to respectable finishes which right now I want, no matter how they come. Style can come later.

If and when the time comes for him to move on, he leaves behind a stable club in no danger of going down to the new manager. Like he did with Mark Hughes. And if there hadnt been a falling out over transfers at Palace, hed have carried on the good work there.

Most of the criticism of Pulis is just unfounded prejudice.

Pulis wouldn't have come here with us rock bottom imo, precisely because clubs like WBA had instabilities and potential vacancies for him. He walked out of Palace after doing the whole rescuing a newly promoted club act, he clearly wanted a different challenge and like it or not those cluster of midtable, established PL teams like WBA give him a bigger platform than we would've 

Thing is, WBA have a better squad and had a manager that nobody thought was very good and probably didn't have a lot of respect from his squad.

I think Tony Pulis was waiting for a job where he knew he couldn't fail, if we sacked Pearson in November and spoke to Pulis and he said no, what then? Maybe we even did speak to him.

I don't feel that Pardew would have done so well here.

I'm certainly not disrespecting Pulis and his record. Did a fantastic job at Stoke - including reaching an FA Cup final - and managed to keep Palace up. Credit to his set pieces too, his teams always look solid when defending and attacking corners, but it's irrelevant now. He isn't our manager. We can talk about "what ifs" all the time in life.

We've built a good foundation, from youth level to first team playing in similar fashion - all the successful teams need this. It's unfortunate we've spent all this season failing to score but that's no reason to scrap everything and turn to that man.

Again the comparisons to pulis and hoof football really do beggar belief......

Stoke were a hard team yes, but that's how football has been for 100 years, just because over the last 10 years we've turned soft and go down at every challenge with all the fans screaming abuse at the ref if he doesn't show a card, doesn't mean someone is a shit manager for employing a harder tactic, we don't moan when upson absolutely smashes Sanchez against arsenal, or Hammond goes in for a big challenge, or when matty james dreadfully mistimes his tackle against villa, or when wasyl crunches someone EVERY GAME,

Not a problem then??

Stoke played some good football at times, crystal palace played som extraordinary counter attacking play under pulis, and his impact has west brom has seen their play improve 10 fold in a matter of weeks, with players now getting free roles to move.

Let's not tarnish a quality manager with 1 brush because his team was hard on the Stoke front. He has them playing well and done what was necessary to have success.

Just because he had 1 team playing an unfashionable way (with success for a team of that stature)

Doesn't mean he can't adopt a new play style with different players.

As he proved with palace and also will do with west brom.

What's funny is the double standards employed

If Pearson did the same, there would be untold criticism even if we won 10-0

I think right now, people who just love to win a game, no matter how it happens. We had 5 defenders on the pitch v Arsenal. Just do what it takes.

What's funny is the double standards employed

If Pearson did the same, there would be untold criticism even if we won 10-0

I don't care how we play to stay up, once we stay up and get ourselves as a regular in the prem after a few seasons, atleast we are then in a safe position to attempt to adopt a better style of play, we need harder players its blatantly obvious,

the only issue with your comment is "If"

He hasn't, and we are bottom, I don't think anybody cares how we play right now as long as it keeps us up! 

Anyone wanting to get involved in this thread needs to ask themselves

PL under pulis or championship under Pearson?

The latter is not wrong - if we get back up then it could turn out to be no issue

However, if we are in the PL then we are always strengthening our position to the point where we could bring in a manger with a more expansive vision

Going down guarantees is nothing in afraid

We are where we are. We have 13 games remaining and sadly, we look like playing Milton Keynes next season! Miracles do happen but it would be a turnaround of Lazarus type proportions to achieve it. I will be cheering on my team but I would be happier doing it in the PL next season, irrelevant of who is the manager.

Anyone wanting to get involved in this thread needs to ask themselves

PL under pulis or championship under Pearson?

The latter is not wrong - if we get back up then it could turn out to be no issue

However, if we are in the PL then we are always strengthening our position to the point where we could bring in a manger with a more expansive vision

Going down guarantees is nothing in afraid

We are where we are. We have 13 games remaining and sadly, we look like playing Milton Keynes next season! Miracles do happen but it would be a turnaround of Lazarus type proportions to achieve it. I will be cheering on my team but I would be happier doing it in the PL next season, irrelevant of who is the manager.

Where does it say Pulis would have saved us, or even joined us?

WBA were massively underperforming... a chimp could have guided that WBA team to avoid relegation faced with such inconsistency as us, or woefulness of Burnley, Hull, QPR and especially Villa

there is no comparison between WBA doing ok under him... and what we'd do... and that's even if he came, turning down established PL club in the process   :dunno:

Where does it say Pulis would have saved us, or even joined us?

WBA were massively underperforming... a chimp could have guided that WBA team to avoid relegation faced with such inconsistency as us, or woefulness of Burnley, Hull, QPR and especially Villa

there is no comparison between WBA doing ok under him... and what we'd do... and that's even if he came, turning down established PL club in the process   :dunno:

The issue is that people have an irrational hatred of Tony Pulis for no apparent reason.

A chimp could avoid relegation with West Brom? Theyre a struggling team that have been toiling for a while, even before Irvine, and hes sorting them out.

I love how you brand Burnley, Hull and QPR as "woeful" and yet were "inconsistent" too. Blind or what.

Love or loathe Tony Pulis he does have a great record at premier league level anyone who says otherwise clearly is deluded. He has never been relegated at premier league level so his record stands for itself.

Fed up now with the pearson in or out debate and I will stand by my opinion but after Sundays fiasco Pearson, himself has now alluded to it he will never be sacked.

One thing is for sure though West Brom will not be relegated this season

The issue is that people have an irrational hatred of Tony Pulis for no apparent reason.

A chimp could avoid relegation with West Brom? Theyre a struggling team that have been toiling for a while, even before Irvine, and hes sorting them out.

I love how you brand Burnley, Hull and QPR as "woeful" and yet were "inconsistent" too. Blind or what.

We are inconsistent, in how we can leave Arsenal hanging on for a win because we were that good, play the likes off Liverpool & Spurs off the park too, but be that woeful against the likes of Villa away, Burnley, Sunderland, WBA at home - By definition - inconsistent.... Try telling me that Villa & co are any better than woeful?

We are inconsistent, in how we can leave Arsenal hanging on for a win because we were that good, play the likes off Liverpool & Spurs off the park too, but be that woeful against the likes of Villa away, Burnley, Sunderland, WBA at home - By definition - inconsistent.... Try telling me that Villa & co are any better than woeful?

Were so good were rock bottom of the league and adrift? do me a favour.

Were models of consistency, consistently coming up short in matches, consistently not doing enough to win, consistently making basic defensive mistakes, consistently missing chances in games, and consistently losing.

So how have Villa scored more points than us this season? purely luck? the stars aligning?

Theyve scored more points than us with half the goals. Were dreadful.

As much as I wish he wasn't - Nigel is still our Manager and those amongst us (like myself) who feel he should leave have got to accept the fact that there is an extremely big likelihood he is here until the end of the season.

Should we stay up, I will recognise his achievements (still won't be a fan as I never really have been), but I won't decry the bloke. However, should the inevitable happen and we go down and the uncertainity that faces, then who is to say we won't get rid.

Till, then, some of us (myself included) are just going to have to grin and bear it as Top wants Nigel here.

Archived