Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
everton carr

Tony Pulis

If Pulis is so good, why did Stoke gently show him the door a couple of years ago? He wanted to stay but they didn't want him. To simply survive year on year playing physical longer ball football clearly wasnt something Stoke wanted to do anymore and tbf they play much more attractive football under Sparky Hughes.

If Pulis is so good, why did Stoke gently show him the door a couple of years ago? He wanted to stay but they didn't want him. To simply survive year on year playing physical longer ball football clearly wasnt something Stoke wanted to do anymore and tbf they play much more attractive football under Sparky Hughes.

Which is the point made by a few. Stay up, cement your PL place and create the financial stability to change your way of playing to a more attractive one if you so wish.

Pulis laid such solid foundations for Hughes to take over though, A club boosted by several years of stable finishes, no threat of relegation and a good squad of players that could be built on.

Hes one of those characters that no one seems to want at their club........Until he is actually at your club, and then he is someone who commands the respect of everyone at the club and runs a solid, sound unit. Certainly a man who deserves a lot more respect than he gets.

but he is not failing Pearson is !

Fvck him. Fvck him in the eye.

Couldnt give a shit about him now. Pearson is quite clearly going to be our manager for the foreseeable future so tough sh*t.

If he's not been sacked after that dismal run where we threw promotion away a couple of years ago and now this failure of a season, he's probably, along with cockroaches likely to survive a nuclear bomb.

Come on Nige, loads of people think you're God. Give us a fvcking miracle!

Pulis's win statistics are poor compared to Nigel's:

Pearson's win % = 42.97   LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONSHIP (This figure was about 56% or something coming into this season....) 

Pulis's win % = 36.92    PREMIERSHIP

If you look at his West Brom Statistics and the initial 'New Manager' syndrome his % is 57.14 after 7 games.

QPR might have a few wins with the change.... Let's hope not.....

Fvck him. Fvck him in the eye.

Couldnt give a shit about him now. Pearson is quite clearly going to be our manager for the foreseeable future so tough sh*t.

If he's not been sacked after that dismal run where we threw promotion away a couple of years ago and now this failure of a season, he's probably, along with cockroaches likely to survive a nuclear bomb.

Come on Nige, loads of people think you're God. Give us a fvcking miracle!

He's already been sacked once this season but has risen again to lead us to salvation.. What more do you want???

Sing Hosannah...

The circle jerking around Pullis is ridiculous.

It's all about the best man for the job, and right now it is Nigel ****ing Pearson without a doubt, to motivate this team, his team.

Would you have really wanted Callum McManaman and Darren Fletcher? The latter being a walking injury and dent in the wage list.

Same manager who benched Andre Wisdom and Berahino for Anichibe and Chris Baird!! While looking to bring in Carlton ****ing Cole.

I'm glad with what we have.

Pearson's never been relegated either.

The circle jerking around Pullis is ridiculous.

It's all about the best man for the job, and right now it is Nigel ****ing Pearson without a doubt, to motivate this team, his team.

Would you have really wanted Callum McManaman and Darren Fletcher? The latter being a walking injury and dent in the wage list.

Same manager who benched Andre Wisdom and Berahino for Anichibe and Chris Baird!! While looking to bring in Carlton ****ing Cole.

I'm glad with what we have.

Pearson's never been relegated either.

I wouldn't mind them here tbh. Both decent players.

I recall some of the vitriol that was made towards even the thought of replacing Nigel Pearson with Tony Pulis.

And thought, yet again this season, where are people coming from?

Pulis is an experienced, Premier League manager who has a knack of setting up teams to be solid at any level. West Brom have done completely the right thing by sacking Irvine to replace him with Pulis.

They did it at the correct time and in the correct manner. And Pulis will keep the Baggies up I think.

If so, it will be mission accomplished. Forget 'consistency', forget all this gubbins about 'playing the Pulis way' and all that other stuff. It will have been mission accomplished. THEN West Brom could re-build, if they felt they needed to.

Pulis has simply come in and steadied the ship. Sound management of Football Club.

Exactly. Pulis has that most important ingredient of all, Premiership experience. It is that pedigree which will be the difference of WBA remaining in to top league, and us, plummeting at great speed towards relegation.

Whether people love or dislike Pearson, that fact is likely to be proven, come the end of the season.

Someone please change the title of this thread.

If other fans are browsing the forum we must look thick as shit having people not being able to spell Pulis.

Pulis's win statistics are poor compared to Nigel's:

Pearson's win % = 42.97   LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONSHIP (This figure was about 56% or something coming into this season....) 

Pulis's win % = 36.92    PREMIERSHIP

If you look at his West Brom Statistics and the initial 'New Manager' syndrome his % is 57.14 after 7 games.

QPR might have a few wins with the change.... Let's hope not.....

Wrong! Pulis's record is his totality of clubs including Bournemouth, Gillingham, Bristol, Portsmouth Stoke etc so NOT just the Premiership. Pearson's figures are also his total clubs INCLUDING this season in the Premiership - that should depress his figures! (Clubs also where he has been caretaker manager.)

If we get relegated, I will look back at the failure to bring him in when we had the opportunity,assuming he would have wanted to come here.

He has a good knowledge of what is required in the Premiership. unlike Pearson, but that is water under the bridge.

Time to pray harder chaps, for a miracle.

Up the City.

Have I missed something when did the owners try to bring him in?

Have they ever spoke to pullis?

So unless I have missed something how did we fail to get Pullis in if we never tried.

Why do people on here talk like there view is that of the owners.

I don't anyone doubts that Pulis in for Irvine was a bad move do they?

Irvine is shit and should never have got a Premier league job in the first place.

Irvine is shit and should never have got a Premier league job in the first place.

Yes of course people had doubts. You only needed to read the threads when Pulis was being touted as a possibility to replace Pearson.

Not sure he is all that shit , but not great

Pulis some manager but , rock steady and sucessful at this level

Yes of course people had doubts. You only needed to read the threads when Pulis was being touted as a possibility to replace Pearson.

There's a massive difference between Pulis replacing Irvine to Pearson though.

One has been in serial decline at West Brom, the other has oversaw considerable progress at Leicester.

Would I swop Irvine for Pulis? Yes. Pearson - I wouldn't.

Archived