Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Man City (A) Pre-Match

The full backs are the key for me. If we’re starting with 5 at the back then I think that Konch and Simpson are a waste of a place because you’re simply parking the bus with a flat back 5. We’re just hanging on until the inevitable happens.

If Konch and Simpson start then I’d always go with 4 at the back:

Hamer

Simpson,  Huth, Was, Konch

Hammond

James, Cambiasso

Mahrez,                        Schlupp

Kramaric

If it’s 5 then I just hope we set ourselves up to have a chance of actually producing something:

Hamer

Huth, Was, Morgan/Upson

De-Laet,                                     Schlupp

Hammond

James,             Cambiasso

Nugent, Kramaric

or

Hamer

Huth, Was, Morgan/Upson

De-Laet,                                     Schlupp

James,           Cambiasso

Nugent, Mahrez

Kramaric

Some would say Vardy for Nugent, but personally I’d have Vardy as my impact sub with his pace.

lol.

Vardy been shite all season, has a good 10 minutes and now some are putting him back in their teams.

He is so wank.

Only as good as your last game. And Vardy made both the goals. Does that warrant him to be considered for Wednesday? Yes.

Burnley and hull have both drew at the etihad so we should take some inspiration from that,I fancy a 1-1 meself.

They probably have managers though that have the ability to adapt to the opposition and make it tough for them, something Nigel doesnt do very well at all. Can only see a comfortable defeat (As most defeat have been, even if not by large goal margins) but hope I am wrong.

Did everyone miss the Liverpool/Man City game yesterday? Did you not see how the formation and style of play we've been using over the past few weeks nullified Man City's game? We have to replicate that and use the 541 Liverpool did to such great effect.

People still predicting losses by more than 2 goals. Why?

Against the top teams we've hardly ever been out of a game and then we lose narrowly to the teams around us

I think this doesnt tell the true story. There have been plenty of games, Newcastle, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Man Utd etc where on paper we havent lost by many goals, but in reality we have been easily 2nd best and hardly troubled the opposition.

Did everyone miss the Liverpool/Man City game yesterday? Did you not see how the formation and style of play we've been using over the past few weeks nullified Man City's game? We have to replicate that and use the 541 Liverpool did to such great effect.

I think Manchester City were makers of their own downfall by playing 442 away from home. Left them open.

As for Liverpool's style, I noticed their attacking third were in the faces of Manchester City and they didn't like it. As well as running at the defence. Pace is a big thing. Shame we don't seem to do this though. 

More of a 3-4-3 formation liverpool like to play. Would be interesting to see if we could do the same thing.

When were defending

Any keeper

De Laet   Was    Huth    Upson    Schluup

Albrighton    James    Cambiasso    Mahrez

Kramaric

When were attacking

Any Keeper

Was      Huth       Upson

De Laet                                                Schluup

James    Cambiasso

Albrighton                                      Mahrez

Kramaric

Looks good but could we really trust Schluup at LB? Konch hasnt had a great season but at least its his natural position, although with this set up id sooner see Schluup and Mahrez on the left.

Is that what you had in mind? Would you have the same personnel as me? Personally i prefer a 4-1-4-1 but would be interesting to see how we would perform with this set up

Ulloa is our top goal scorer this season and yet we have all dropped him from our team. Surely there is a way of getting him back onto the pitch. I suppose a 4-1-3-2 would be the best formation to have Ulloa play alongside Kramaric.

Any Keeper

Simpson     Was     Huth     Konch

Hammond/James

Mahrez    Cambiasso    Schluup

Ulloa   Kramaric

Not sure where Cambiasso would be best used here. For me i would like to see him given a more attacking roll with less defensive duties. Let him pick the passes to play Schluup and Mahrez in.

Ulloa is our top goal scorer this season and yet we have all dropped him from our team. Surely there is a way of getting him back onto the pitch. I suppose a 4-1-3-2 would be the best formation to have Ulloa play alongside Kramaric.

Any Keeper

Simpson     Was     Huth     Konch

Hammond/James

Mahrez    Cambiasso    Schluup

Ulloa   Kramaric

Not sure where Cambiasso would be best used here. For me i would like to see him given a more attacking roll with less defensive duties. Let him pick the passes to play Schluup and Mahrez in.

Playing Ulloa in a 2 would most likely mean big man/little man routine, which possibly doesn't really work with someone who moves as much as Kram does, because the tactics usually require the 'little' man to be within 10 yards or so of the 'big' man, not someone who's roving the whole of the front line to find space and receive the ball before invlving others in the attack.

Saying that, with the correct instructions to Kram, it could work... although someone a shade faster may be better in that role

Totally agree that we should learn from what Liverpool did. However, they play more of a 3,4,3 whereas we play a very defensive 5-4-1.

The formation that we’ve been playing does enable us to try and replicate what Liverpool did with only a few minor adjustments, but if we start with the back 5 that have started the last two games then we won’t come anywhere near to emulating them.

All we will achieve is holding them off until the inevitable.  

He's going to start Morgan again isn't he

You could not possibly drop Morgan with the form he's been in since October. What a complete **** Pearson has been this season. No team in this league can carry passengers, let alone one who was expected to struggle as we were.

(Edit: a passenger is someone who is carried.)

Morgan however has been the twelfth man for the opposition in the last four months, then you throw in Schwarzer and we've been playing 9 against their 13 so it's little wonder were ****ing bottom.

Hamer

Wasilewski Huth Upson

De Laet -----------------------Schlupp

James Cambiasso © 

Nugent Mahrez

Kramaric

Get rid of the two unerperforming fullbacks and implement RDL and Schlupp as wingbacks. James and Cambiasso to shield and play behind Nugent. Kramaric to be sacrificed again (unfortunately) as the worker, not giving defenders a moments rest and really making the underperforming Man City defence sweat. Mahrez with a free role to create havok. Wasyl, Upson and Huth as our three best tacklers to keep their cool when they'll have the ball in dangerous situations.

If we go with five again I'd like to see wingbacks, I agree. Schlupp and De Laet are probably the best options of the role too. Just not sure where to fit Mahrez in because would it work with just two? Mahrez in front of them and two up front? 

Archived