Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Man City (A) Pre-Match

Hamer

Wasilewski Huth Upson

De Laet -----------------------Schlupp

James Cambiasso © 

Nugent Mahrez

Kramaric

Get rid of the two unerperforming fullbacks and implement RDL and Schlupp as wingbacks. James and Cambiasso to shield and play behind Nugent. Kramaric to be sacrificed again (unfortunately) as the worker, not giving defenders a moments rest and really making the underperforming Man City defence sweat. Mahrez with a free role to create havok. Wasyl, Upson and Huth as our three best tacklers to keep their cool when they'll have the ball in dangerous situations.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes - I'd toss myself off if he picked that side!

??????????????????????????????????????????

Are you suggesting we arent at the that point already?!? lol

I should have qualified that by ending with "in Pearson's opinion...". 

I'd have them as first choice wing backs any day.

Hamer

Wasilewski Huth Upson

De Laet -----------------------Schlupp

James Cambiasso © 

Nugent Mahrez

Kramaric

Get rid of the two unerperforming fullbacks and implement RDL and Schlupp as wingbacks. James and Cambiasso to shield and play behind Nugent. Kramaric to be sacrificed again (unfortunately) as the worker, not giving defenders a moments rest and really making the underperforming Man City defence sweat. Mahrez with a free role to create havok. Wasyl, Upson and Huth as our three best tacklers to keep their cool when they'll have the ball in dangerous situations.

I like this a lot, although I'd like to see Albrighton start, possibly instead of Schlupp. But it would cause a few problems if we played a starting line-up like that.

schlupp and de laet as wing backs in a 5 vs Man City would be complete suicide

Pfff I think any 2 combinations of the 4 available could potentially be taken apart. I realise Konch and Simpson are recognised as being a little more solid defensively, I don't think the difference is all that great though. De Laet and Schlupp would help offer relief on the defence though as they'd be out balls.

That left side of Konch and Upson will be targeted heavily by Man City, or would be if they had a competent manager in charge. So whoever ends up playing at the back I feel a little sorry for, they're going to be under a hell of a lot of pressure.

I think both would be ok with a winger in front to help them out. But that nullifies their own attacking threat and is pointless, as well as forcing mahrez to track back and get caught up doing schlupps defending instead of focusing on being our best attacking outlet.

If we were to play them as actual wing backs (as in with no winger in front) we may as well not turn up. itd be a massacre.

I think both would be ok with a winger in front to help them out. But that nullifies their own attacking threat and is pointless, as well as forcing mahrez to track back and get caught up doing schlupps defending instead of focusing on being our best attacking outlet.

If we were to play them as actual wing backs (as in with no winger in front) we may as well not turn up. itd be a massacre.

If you're not going to trust your full backs to get forward to create the overlap with 5 at the back then you're basically starting with a very defensive formation. That means that your midfield players are providing width, which in turn will leave your lone front man totally isolated. Evidence the last three games.

Schlupp and De-Laet aren't great, but Simpson and Konch are bang average defensively and poor going forward. There is an argument for keeping them in a 4-4-2, but none with 5 at the back if you're expecting any creativity. We may as well say to the opposition that we're just going to park the bus so come and break us down, which Man City will probably do at some point anyway. We may as well start a team that gives us a punchers chance of pulling off a shock result.

I would go for:                       

Hamer

Was  Huth Upson

De laet James Hammond Cambiasso Schlupp

Mahrez

Kramaric

As much as I think Wes has deserved dropping, in all honesty, I'd feel more confident with a back 3 of Was, Huth, Wes than I would Was, Huth, Upson.

For all the talk of his experience, Upson looks worse than when Bassett insisted on playing Jacob Laurson.

For most of last season Schlupp played at LB with Dyer, and then Mahrez in front of him. Worked a treat because they could vary the attacking threat. The same could be said of the RHS with Dr Last. That's why I'm amazed it's not been given a good go this season.

Some will argue that Schlupp is not defensively capable, but can he be worse than Konch? What he can add going forward will more than compensate for any defensive weakness (and with 3 CBs there should be cover).

For most of last season Schlupp played at LB with Dyer, and then Mahrez in front of him. Worked a treat because they could vary the attacking threat. The same could be said of the RHS with Dr Last. That's why I'm amazed it's not been given a good go this season.

Some will argue that Schlupp is not defensively capable, but can he be worse than Konch? What he can add going forward will more than compensate for any defensive weakness (and with 3 CBs there should be cover).

At this level, teams are much more adept at getting their wide men behind the full backs. I am certain that Pearson doesn't trust jeff's concentration levels in this regard and even moreso riyad's ability to track back.

Jeff and Riyad on the left. I would think zabaletta has a hard on just thinking about it!

Konch played 31 league games last season and jeff started 15. Not sure the word 'most' covers that stat!

Hamer

Waselyski -- Huth -- Upson

De Laet [as a wb] -- Drinkwater -- James -- Cambiasso -- Schlupp [as a wb]

Kramaric -- Mahrez (just off Kramaric)

Would like to see this at home. tomorrow, I think we shouldn't try and play basketball. admirable but we'll definitely lose If we do.

At this level, teams are much more adept at getting their wide men behind the full backs. I am certain that Pearson doesn't trust jeff's concentration levels in this regard and even moreso riyad's ability to track back.

Jeff and Riyad on the left. I would think zabaletta has a hard on just thinking about it!

Konch played 31 league games last season and jeff started 15. Not sure the word 'most' covers that stat!

Whereas the thought of facing Jeff and Konch on the left is giving him sleepless nights?

Pellegrini is under pressure of losing his job the way Man City have been for the last few weeks. Imagine if we do pull off a shock victory. It would be the talk of the nation like when we beat Man U. Lets just hope if we do win we have a better run of results than after the Man U victory 

Archived