Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Man City (A) Pre-Match

Some of us believe we could actually get something when we have to rely on Morgan and Schwarzer to halt Aguero? It will be like a slaughter house out there.

Better than it being Moore and Hamer yikes thought sends a shudder down my spine

Some of us believe we could actually get something when we have to rely on Morgan and Schwarzer to halt Aguero? It will be like a slaughter house out there.

If Pearson sticks Morgan on Aguero then he's a fool. Morgan's style of play and lack of pace would be more suited to a match up Dzeko I feel. We will also likely have 3 at the back to their two forwards so take a modicum of comfort in the fact that we will have a man advantage in marking their 2 forwards. 

And IF we do stop Aguero we DO have a good chance of getting something. 

If Pearson sticks Morgan on Aguero then he's a fool. Morgan's style of play and lack of pace would be more suited to a match up Dzeko I feel. We will also likely have 3 at the back to their two forwards so take a modicum of comfort in the fact that we will have a man advantage in marking their 2 forwards. 

And IF we do stop Aguero we DO have a good chance of getting something. 

Aguero receives the plaudits, but really Man City's midfield, on their day is right up there... if they turn up, then we'll regret not matching them for numbers there, while having a man 'over' at the back

Whatever happens though, our attacking players need to take comfort in our extra man at the back and actually get attacking... Mahrez has woeful & Schlupp as erratic as ever

Another point maybe that Nugent's workrate and ability to pressure forwards, closing off the passing lanes might mean he's better suited than some others to start

It's just a "Bonus Game" according to Nige. Whatever the score it's fine. No problem.

I nice meal before the match perhaps. A run out for the lads. What's not to like?

All the games are a bonus now because we will be playing championship football next season.

Man City 6-0 Leicester.

That "we ain't been hammered" cliche will be no more after tonight.

Hopefully.

That cliche is so annoying, I hope we get thrashed so we don't hear it any more.

It's just a "Bonus Game" according to Nige. Whatever the score it's fine. No problem. 

I nice meal before the match perhaps. A run out for the lads. What's not to like? 

As long as it's in a pub. Then the players can have a few and hopefully have no fear. Worked for many a manager throughout history.

I had a dream that we won 2-1, and then on the way in to work this morning I saw a fox, and it stared at me. Its on. Might even place a bet.

I had a similar premonition, and will be dropping a mighty 2 quid on us winning.

Was and Huth need to start at the back if he picks Morgan I will be pissed

Prepare to be pissed for the rest of the season. He's Nige's bitch.

Aguero receives the plaudits, but really Man City's midfield, on their day is right up there... if they turn up, then we'll regret not matching them for numbers there, while having a man 'over' at the back

Whatever happens though, our attacking players need to take comfort in our extra man at the back and actually get attacking... Mahrez has woeful & Schlupp as erratic as ever

Another point maybe that Nugent's workrate and ability to pressure forwards, closing off the passing lanes might mean he's better suited than some others to start

Can't argue with that.

Its a gamble as to loading the defence or the midfield. I think we play better with the extra man in defence and takes the reason I'd stick with 5 at the back but you make a valid point about the midfield. 

I definitely agree about Mahrez and Schlupp needing to attack more in the current system. Its do or die time for us now. We need the points and boy do we need them badly.

Hopefully.

That cliche is so annoying, I hope we get thrashed so we don't hear it any more.

Hopefully.

I hope the ruskies start a nuke war before we get relegated.

Then the record books will never show us going down.

Man City 6-0 Leicester.

That "we ain't been hammered" cliche will be no more after tonight.

You sound like you're looking forward to it. It's like it irritates you that we've not ticket the 5-0 defeat box yet, gotta get that done before we go down eh?

He actually said we can't look at it as a bonus game. So yeah.

14/18 I think.

An indication that when we play a team with a proper Defensive Midfielder and a Number 10, we're not a half-bad side.

The fact that Hammond has featured in 13 of our 18pts and Nugent in 14 out of our 18pts and the fact they're not starters, speaks volumes about our league position

It's obvious to most that the team plays at a higher tempo when Nugent is on the pitch & that our midfield wasn't as troubled earlier in the season when Hammond played most his games than it has been since supposedly 'better' players came into the starting lineup

'Bonus games' are out of the window now, our points total signify that. We need to go there with the genuine aim to win the football match.

This. We can't afford to show them any respect whatsoever. We can cause every team in division problems when we play well. Ruffling a few feathers at the Etihad will be a stern test but its not something that is beyond us!

Archived