Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

not sure I'd play three at the back, it has done us well against Arsenal and Man City (teams who are clearly better than us) but it didn't work against a team struggling in the bottom three, closer to our level(Villa) but was ok at Everton, so that's 3 defeats and a draw. I know someone will say 'yeh bit we played well blah' but we still lost and at this stage in our position it means jack really, we need points. But then why not? We are rock bottom so what formation has really done us any good this season? Whatever formation we have played we have generally lost, so I'll go a 1-1 draw. I can't see us not scoring against West Brom, Sunderland, Palace AND Hull at home, but I don't see why we would win because we just aren't very good as a Premiership team.

Guest Cujek

I would love to see a front 2 of Nuge, Krama with Nuge dropping deep to get the ball and allowing Krama to finish (no offence Nuge but you cant finish), with pace on the wings in Schlupp and Albrighton.

James and Cambo in the middle

simpson and konch at fb

Huth and Was in defence 

and a keeper in goal, don't really care which.

A mixture of what I want and what it would probably be:

Schwarzer

RDL            Morgan         Huth           Schlupp

Hammond

James         Cambiasso

Mahrez        Kramaric         Nugent

VIP for me for this game too. At least i can drink myself to oblivion on free booze when Coco plays 5 at the back and looks down right confused for most of the match as we slowly slide into a 1-0 defeat.

I agree with Dan. So pissed off with Pearson that Drinkwater never plays.

Would def have liked to see more of DD and MJ together. Such a great partnership last season. DD looks a much better player with MJ with him. Really expected to see the two of them with Cambi behind them in a three this season. But it's never really happened. Cambi hasn't seemed interested in playing a holding role so has basically taken DD's role as playmaker. Whilst Cambi is a great player, playing him in a two means we don't press as much in midfield as last season, which was key to our success. We've lost so much energy compared to last season, to our detriment.

I honestly do not expect NP to change anything at all from the past few games. NP is seeing his selections with glass half full optimism when it's so clear the glass was smashed to bits months ago.

Would love a win but cannot find enough evidence from NP's decision making to see it. Hope he proves me wrong......

Trouble is if they fall to nugent we know what happens.ulloa scores goals so he needs to play

We tend to create more when Nugent plays, we just look more fluid as a side with him in it. It was a failing of Pearson last summer to not replace Nugent with a player of Prem quality who could link midfield and attack.

I'd go back to the 4-4-1-1 formation; scrap this 5-4-1 bollocks. Replace Cambiasso with Hammond so we have a naturally defensive player in midfield to sit and let James play his usual box-to-box game. We need his legs in midfield. Drop Wes for Was, and swap Simpson and Schlupp for De Laet and Albrighton. I can dream anyway.

Schwarzer

De Laet - Was - Huth - Konch

Mahrez - James - Hammond - Albrighton

Nugent

Kramaric

Archived