Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

Would really like to see us try 352 so that we can sack off our fullbacks.

Hamer

Was Huth Upson

Albrighton Cambiasso Hammond James Schlupp

Kramaric Ulloa

Appreciate not putting Mahrez in seems a bit mad but think the above formation suits us better as a collective and Albrighton suits that role better.

**** the 5 - 4 - 1, end result has been the same as playing 4 - 3 - 3 or 4 - 4 - 2 / 4- 5 -1

Go 4 - 5 - 1 for that attacking edge, midfield on the ball so we can actually get balls forward and attempt to break Hull's defense down.

Kram up top

King or Cambiasso directly behind him in the middle of that 5.

James and Drinkwater

Mahrez and Schlupp

Huth & Wasyl 

If he sets up 5-4-1 we might win but he will show that he is a tactical half wit. Not having a go per se but we have an opportunity to go for a win we HAVE to get.

There is an argument that if we avoid defeat, we could catch them, given that they have a hideous run in and we don't. Lose to them and we won't catch them full stop. I hear that argument but we have to get a win to build some momentum and if it isn't next sat, then it may not happen at all.

So it takes us to be 7 points adrift to realise when a game is must win.

We've had must wins for months now.

How can it be possible that a team fails to win multiple 'must win' games and still has a chance of achieving their objective?

In an absolute sense, we haven't had any must win games or we'd be down already. I do think, however, that we can say that Hull is a 'must win' game in the sense that it's very hard to see how the situation could be recovered if we fail to win.

But neither of these ways of thinking about the phrase apply to games we played months ago. I think you're exaggerating, as most people do when they use that phrase.

Come on Leicester FFS!

The line up will probably be

----------------------------Schmeichel.------------------------------

-----Simpson-------Morgan.--------Huth.------Konchesky.---

-------Mahrez.-------James----Cambiasso.----Schlupp.----

------------------------Kramaric.-----Ulloa-------------------------

I know it won't be this team but I'd definitely like to see two up top and not to be outnumbered in midfield with just Cambiasso and James.

--------------------- Schmeichel -----------------

Simpson---------Huth---------Upson-----------Konchesky

-----------------------Hammond--------------------------

-------------Cambiassso---------James----------------

-----------------------Mahrez-----------------------------

---------------Ulloa--------------Krameric------------------

How can it be possible that a team fails to win multiple 'must win' games and still has a chance of achieving their objective?

In an absolute sense, we haven't had any must win games or we'd be down already. I do think, however, that we can say that Hull is a 'must win' game in the sense that it's very hard to see how the situation could be recovered if we fail to win.

But neither of these ways of thinking about the phrase apply to games we played months ago. I think you're exaggerating, as most people do when they use that phrase.

I'm one of the least likely people to use that term and if you read my post I said that we still have a chance of staying up even if we lose.

It's not literally a must win game but if we do we have 6pts between us and Hull and they have an awful run in.

Lose it and it's a 12 pt gap with 10 games left which is probably too much.

I won't lose hope if we lose to Hull but I will accept that the writing is on the wall for us. If we win it's really game on as it's hard to see Hull picking up many points with their run in.

We've got to win the games against teams at the bottom with us as there all virtually 6 pointers. If we can keep gaining 3 points while keeping them static that's where the big swing comes from.

To win we've got to play two wingers and have the added bonus of De Laet and Schlupp quickly backing them up. I'd also go with Nugent and Krameric as this will give us more movement in and around the box. The pressure on everyone is going to be huge including us. We just have to give what ever team plays all our support.

We really need an early goal in this one to settle the fans and relieve a bit of tension. We've struggled to score early this season which really helped us to get at teams more last year. Scoring first is absolutely vital in the PL and we've not done it enough. Lets get at them early on, get them rattled and hopefully get that first goal early on.

Kasper

De Laet

Huth

Was

Konch

Mahrez

Cambiasso

James

Schlupp

Kramaric

Nugent

Guest ttfn

We really need an early goal in this one to settle the fans and relieve a bit of tension. We've struggled to score early this season which really helped us to get at teams more last year. Scoring first is absolutely vital in the PL and we've not done it enough. Lets get at them early on, get them rattled and hopefully get that first goal early on.

Kasper

De Laet

Huth

Was

Konch

Mahrez

Cambiasso

James

Schlupp

Kramaric

Nugent

I think it's 6 first half goals in our last 23 games and 0 in the last 8.

Some people are finally coming round to the idea that there are plenty of poor teams in this league (and we're the poorest). The lack of attacking intent we've shown, particularly lately when we've desperately needed the points, is a huge black mark against Pearson's name.

I think it's 6 first half goals in our last 23 games and 0 in the last 8.

Some people are finally coming round to the idea that there are plenty of poor teams in this league (and we're the poorest). The lack of attacking intent we've shown, particularly lately when we've desperately needed the points, is a huge black mark against Pearson's name.

Agree completely, it's not a great league at all, mediocre springs to mind.

We cannot start the Hull game with the same line up, Kram needs some support up front with him and give him the opportunity to do the thing we bought him for, score goals, not chase around after the ball for 65mins then get hauled off.

I support Pearson and think we can turn this around as long as we win this. But if he starts 5 at the back against these and leaves Kram up front on his own again against a team like Hull he deserves to go in my opinion. Nearly had it right with 541 against the big teams, just that lack of quality but here it can't be done. 

541 is set up for a draw not a win and a draws obviously not good enough here. Been said a lot recently but this is genuinely the last chance to give ourselves a chance. Come on Leicester.

The question is whether it was worth avoiding embarrassment in the last few away games and getting a single point instead of playing a more positive formation in preparation for the games where we can (and will need to) hold more possession and create more chances.

The 5-4-1 worked reasonably well but any loss is still zero points and now we'll presumably revert to a 4-4-1-1 (or similar) formation we haven't played for weeks and defensive and attacking partnerships that haven't had a chance to develop.

Archived