Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

Anything but 4-4-2. That'll just be handing the initiative straight to the opposition. Having said that, it appears that Pearson likes handing the initiative over with whatever system he plays.

Dear o dear. I just knew it. We have surely got to play two up front. Please please play two up front. We cant defend for shit so we need to give ourselves a chance and score a few.

Oh the joys of playing 5 at the back against a seemingly dangerous Hull City side. Trying to contain sides and hit them on the counter has put us in this position in the fvcking first place, when will Pearson wake up and use an attacking formation to get at teams? Never. Because he's too scared of conceding.

Oh the joys of playing 5 at the back against a seemingly dangerous Hull City side. Trying to contain sides and hit them on the counter has put us in this position in the fvcking first place, when will Pearson wake up and use an attacking formation to get at teams? Never. Because he's too scared of conceding.

If he is too scared of conceding why play Wes instead of Was??

It's not even three centre halves that annoys me, it's having defensive full backs to go with it, having two central midfielders who aren't particularly good on the break and having Mahrez, Kramaric and Schlupp all coming off because they're absolutely knackered due to having to do all of our attacking.

It's well documented that Kramaric was wanted by a host of clubs in Europe yet we're using him as someone to pretty much chase the ball all game?

We need attacking full backs (at least one of Schlupp or De Laet there, preferably the latter) to at least give us some form of outlet.

This game's got 0-1 written all over it.

Oh dear :(

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Nigel-Pearson-stick-man-Leicester-City-defence/story-26149078-detail/story.html?

Today at 5:20 PM 2comments

By Mercury_Sport

Nigel Pearson is set to stick with his five-man defence for the vital Premier League visit of Hull on Saturday.

Pearson has utilised the three centre-back system in Leicester City's last four games, away at Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton and Manchester City, but he is expected to go with the system for the first time on home soil on Saturday against one of their relegation rivals.

The return from injury of Matt Upson and the arrival of Robert Huth, on loan from Stoke, has boosted Pearson's defensive options. He believes their wealth of Premier League experience over the final months of the season will be vital.

But Pearson insists the system is not a negative approach.

He believes it suits his players and frees up City's more attacking players. "Formations are not the be all and end all," he said. "We have got some Premier League know-how out there now and it has also freed up some of our more creative players.

"I am not saying it is going to be the only way to go but it has proved to be a decent system."

The system has been backed by Upson, who believes it has been the right way to go in recent games.

"I think this system is good and we have used it in some tough away games," said the former Arsenal and West Ham centre-back.

"It is interesting because we haven't really used it at home yet. I think in the games we have played it in have been the right choice.

"The performances have maybe shown that, if not the results."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/#q0fWz6eBeV9bOsjD.99

How many have we conceded after we have switched from the back 5 though?

In some ways I'm glad he's stuck with a system, far too many times we've tinkerered. We've not played it at home yet so we don't realy know if it works. We've been away to some good sides recently and we have caused problems going forward.

We can't have Simpson and Konchesky though at home, at least one of them have to be dropped. Probably Simpson for de laet.

Just been reading about albion's great escape. 18pts 11 games to go and pearson as assistant coach. 4 wins and they stayed up with less than 20 minutes of the season to go. If this happens to us, its going to be amazing. My mate at work still harps on about it being one of his greatest memories there. Got to start chanting the great escape for 90 mins every game. 

Stupidly I'm going to this. 

Is this set to be the first non sell-out of the season in the league? 

Amusing the number of moaners about tickets not going on general sale and now here is their opportunity...

Speaking of match tickets, does Category C really count as a category if only one game (Burnley) was ever put into it? 

Guest LCFC_World

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully we can create a good atmosphere. We are the 12th man. 

Anyway, lets get back to basics.

Kasper

RDL

Huth

Wasilewski

Schlupp

Mahrez

Drinky

James

Knockaert ... :)

Nugent

Ulloa

Vardy, Kramaric to both come on some time in the 2nd half.

3-0..lets go for it.

Oh dear :(

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Nigel-Pearson-stick-man-Leicester-City-defence/story-26149078-detail/story.html?

Today at 5:20 PM 2comments

By Mercury_Sport

Nigel Pearson is set to stick with his five-man defence for the vital Premier League visit of Hull on Saturday.

Pearson has utilised the three centre-back system in Leicester City's last four games, away at Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton and Manchester City, but he is expected to go with the system for the first time on home soil on Saturday against one of their relegation rivals.

The return from injury of Matt Upson and the arrival of Robert Huth, on loan from Stoke, has boosted Pearson's defensive options. He believes their wealth of Premier League experience over the final months of the season will be vital.

But Pearson insists the system is not a negative approach.

He believes it suits his players and frees up City's more attacking players. "Formations are not the be all and end all," he said. "We have got some Premier League know-how out there now and it has also freed up some of our more creative players.

"I am not saying it is going to be the only way to go but it has proved to be a decent system."

The system has been backed by Upson, who believes it has been the right way to go in recent games.

"I think this system is good and we have used it in some tough away games," said the former Arsenal and West Ham centre-back.

"It is interesting because we haven't really used it at home yet. I think in the games we have played it in have been the right choice.

"The performances have maybe shown that, if not the results."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/#q0fWz6eBeV9bOsjD.99

Can someone please point out to me the link between what is said in the article and "Nigel Pearson is set to stick with his five-man defence for the vital Premier League visit of Hull on Saturday."

He may well still use it, but why didn't they ask him the direct question? Because they know he'd have said "I'm not going to tell you our team or formation this far ahead of the match".

Why do people bite?

Both Upson and Morgan suggesting they're going to see how it works at home - not a good sign at all.

Sorry, but this isn't the time for experimenting, it's tried and tested and it's failed to gain any points except 1 vs Everton away which was always on the cards anyway given their form and terrible goals conceded record.

Wasn't expecting to get anything out of Arsenal and Manchester City, but honestly, we're not going to be playing either of them on Saturday, it's Hull City for christ sake, we've beaten them before playing 4 - 4 - 2 away from home, there's no reason why 4 - 4 - 2 or 4 - 5 - 1 won't work and 5 - 4 - 1 will.

I'd like to think they're bluffing, and it tricks Steve Bruce in to thinking we're playing defensive, because it is defensive without a doubt. It's going to be so boring if we set up 5 - 4 - 1 and Hull are coming to win. 

Overall, I don't care if it's 5 - 4 - 1 or 8 - 1 - 1 with Hamer as a striker, just get a win. If the 5 - 4 - 1 actually works vs Hull and we have good possession, enough shots and chances, then sure, do what you want.

How many have we conceded after we have switched from the back 5 though?

In some ways I'm glad he's stuck with a system, far too many times we've tinkerered. We've not played it at home yet so we don't realy know if it works. We've been away to some good sides recently and we have caused problems going forward.

We can't have Simpson and Konchesky though at home, at least one of them have to be dropped. Probably Simpson for de laet.

Doesn't matter how many we concede if we always score fewer.

As it is we've conceded 2 goals in every match we've played this cowardly formation in and we've only scored 3 once all season so it strikes me as fairly obvious that it's not been an overwhelming success and that the chances of it delivering benefits to our team over and above a 4-4-2/4-3-3/4-5-1/3-5-2/any remotely normal formation are not high.

There's a reason nobody else plays 5-4-1. I really hope we haven't waited 10 years to see us play 5 at the back at home to Hull and QPR.

Just been reading about albion's great escape. 18pts 11 games to go and pearson as assistant coach. 4 wins and they stayed up with less than 20 minutes of the season to go. If this happens to us, its going to be amazing. My mate at work still harps on about it being one of his greatest memories there. Got to start chanting the great escape for 90 mins every game. 

Started the final match bottom of the league and overtook 3 teams on the final day.....

Pearson was also the Southampton manager when the Saints stayed up in the Championship (at our expense) on the last day in 2008....

Pearson was also the Carlisle manager for the legendary Jimmy Glass escape (loanee keeper scored an injury-time winner to keep Carlisle in the league).

I have no connection whatsoever to Carlisle, but this one brings tears to my eyes every time....

Mission for Pearson! Mission for Kasper!  :thumbup:

The frustrating thing is that if Hammond is fit we could quite easily afford to drop a centre half but still have that screen - won't happen but something like this:

GK

RDL----Huth----Wasyl----Jeff

Hammond

James----Esteban

Mahrez-----------------------Knockaert

Kramaric

Isn't mind numbingly defensive but doesn't leave anything wide open. Jeff's been bang off the boil at LW recently and I'd be keen to see how he could do at LB, remember Konch getting an absolute roasting by some Hull guy (Elmohamady??) in the reverse fixture and think Knockaert / Albrighton could have a little more craft / guile in the final third than Schlupp.

Five minutes of my life I'll never get back, posting that.

Archived