Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

Playing 5 across the back tells me we are trying not to lose as opposed to trying to win. Sitting back against Hull will be a mistake

We've been doing it for weeks, ****ing fuming about it and one of the reason's it was weeks ago when I accepted relegation.

The most annoying thing about that set up? We were setting up not to lose and still bleedin' losing!!!

What people want is change, how many games have we started Schlupp and Mahrez, and it's come to nothing? The fact is we're fielding the same team pretty much week in week out whilst losing. Surely trying something different wound be disastrous.

You're focussing on the wrong thing to change.  Against Mac C we were a threat and, going forward, we hit the post and had 2 nailed-on penalties denied.  Plenty of evidence to suggest we can be a threat going forwards, eben with Schlupp and Mahrez.

What's losing us points, game after game, is our constantly making crucial errors in defence that let in one, more often 2, goals per game, which puts much more pressure on our attackers.  Any changes have to be concerned with identifying, and replacing, the ineffective defenders.

Five at the back...... Lone striker...

.......and that's just Hull City !!!!

I think this could be our turning point. 3 juicy points against Hull with a solid performance and we are on our way.

Or will it be Groundhog Day.......good performance but no points..... me waking up at 06:00 listening to "I've got you babe" ?

Simply cannot go five at the back and there should be a place for Morgan on the bench. We are weak playing defensively over 90 minutes and have shown signs of life the few times we attack. Need to find our way up the pitch a bit more and show at home to our fans some attacking prowess

Schlupp should be checked pre-game to see if his head is in a fog and if it is, he can have a seat beside Morgan.

Dont really get Albrighton love in. Is it based on the assumption that he's bound to better than Schlupp when Schlupp is playing badly? He's hardly been anything special when I've seen him play...

Reminds me of the Simpson love in from October onwards when De Laet was in the first team and was shite therefore resulting in Simpson suddenly being the next Cafu just by doing nothing.

Albrighton gets the ball and crosses into the box, something Schlup doesn't do very well. I think our last Few goals have come from crosses aswell, neither from mahrez or Schlup though they just dribble. They are very direct.

I'd like to see mahrez and albrighton.

We need someone who will cross the Bloody ball at least from one side!

This game is do or die.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Huth.

We have to be solid at the back, and take what few chances come our way.

We have to win this one, ugly if necessary, but win it we must.

We've got to line up differently if only to confuse Bruce. Otherwise they'll have planned for 5 at the back or 442. Mcshane is not that quick so I'd go with Mahrez and backed up with Schlupp on the left. I'd bring DeLaet back in on the right with Huth and Upson.

DeLaet and Schlupp can support James and Cambiaso making a midfield of 4 when we have the Ball. I'd then go with Krameric and Nugent up top. This would give us the attacking options we'll need if we're serious about going for the win. While also keeping us solid at the back.

We've got to line up differently if only to confuse Bruce. Otherwise they'll have planned for 5 at the back or 442. Mcshane is not that quick so I'd go with Mahrez and backed up with Schlupp on the left. I'd bring DeLaet back in on the right with Huth and Upson.

DeLaet and Schlupp can support James and Cambiaso making a midfield of 4 when we have the Ball. I'd then go with Krameric and Nugent up top. This would give us the attacking options we'll need if we're serious about going for the win. While also keeping us solid at the back.

And we will get over run in midfield, which is why we changed from a 4-4-2 in the first place.

I really don't know how to set up. The 5-4-1 kinda worked in nullifying man city to very little chances (which unfortunately for us they scored) and we also looked threatening on the counter. However I don't think Hull have that much speed in their squad so 5 at the back may be less necessary, in which case I would drop Cambi to just in front of the defence, to sweep behind James in the centre.

Get Albrighton on the right wing, and Mahrez on the left. Pop Ulloa and Krammy up top together. Hull have a large back line.

4-1-3-2

And we will get over run in midfield, which is why we changed from a 4-4-2 in the first place.

I really don't know how to set up. The 5-4-1 kinda worked in nullifying man city to very little chances (which unfortunately for us they scored) and we also looked threatening on the counter. However I don't think Hull have that much speed in their squad so 5 at the back may be less necessary, in which case I would drop Cambi to just in front of the defence, to sweep behind James in the centre.

Get Albrighton on the right wing, and Mahrez on the left. Pop Ulloa and Krammy up top together. Hull have a large back line.

4-1-3-2

Interesting choices buddy

Whatever the line up we HAVE to WIN this game by hook or by crook

Just please don't play 5 at the back!!! Would love to see De leat and schlupp as our full backs in a back 4, it may leave us more exposed at the back but the way the seasons gone so far were going to concede goals regardless. At least this would provide a more attacking intent and genuine pace out wide, something I think we've lacked all season. Get Leo back in as well, seems like out only ''genuine'' goal scorer...

Hamer; De Laet Wasilewski Huth Schlupp; Knockaert James Cambiasso Mahrez; Vardy Kramaric.

Let's go for it. Nothing to lose now, we need to win games desperately. Pace, flair, directness all across that side. We won games last season by keeping teams on the back foot through teams fearing our pace and fluidity. Best form of defence is attack!

Stick with 5-4-1 but make it more attacking by playing Schlupp at LWB and bringing Knockaert to play with Mahrez in supporting Kramaric. However I wouldn't be adverse to playing a 5-3-2 with Mahrez advanced centrally and Vardy up top with Kramaric.

They sometimes play a midfield 5. If we have three v five in the middle we WILL lose

They sometimes play a midfield 5. If we have three v five in the middle we WILL lose

Hull's go to formation is 3-5-2/5-3-2 virtually identical to what we are playing now. It will come down to the best team on the day winning if we line up with the same formation.

Hull's go to formation is 3-5-2/5-3-2 virtually identical to what we are playing now. It will come down to the best team on the day winning if we line up with the same formation.

Can we expect the manager to spot how they have set up and adjust our starting formation if nec or will it take until half time!

Archived