Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

I think it's 6 first half goals in our last 23 games and 0 in the last 8.

Some people are finally coming round to the idea that there are plenty of poor teams in this league (and we're the poorest). The lack of attacking intent we've shown, particularly lately when we've desperately needed the points, is a huge black mark against Pearson's name.

The lack of attacking intent is infuriating but it's covering for our weaknesses in defence, which keeps faltering anyway.

We're imbalanced. A mess of a side. Totally unrecognisable to the one of last year.

I have a very bad feeling about this game. It's pretty much game over if we lose and i'm not sure we're up for it.

We need two strikers for this one though!

If I see a counterpart for Kramaric on the team sheet I might be hopeful

The lack of attacking intent is infuriating but it's covering for our weaknesses in defence, which keeps faltering anyway.

We're imbalanced. A mess of a side. Totally unrecognisable to the one of last year.

We're unbalanced because we're playing to a system that we don't have the players to play. You need a truly mobile midfield who can support the attack quickly.   

I think it's 6 first half goals in our last 23 games and 0 in the last 8.

Some people are finally coming round to the idea that there are plenty of poor teams in this league (and we're the poorest). The lack of attacking intent we've shown, particularly lately when we've desperately needed the points, is a huge black mark against Pearson's name.

Pearson had hugely let us down and that's why he's indefensible now. Had enough of him.

I just know what's going to happen. Same thing that's happened 95% of the time this season- hear the team news at 2 and just be disappointed. Simpson, Konchesky, 1 up front. I just know it.

I'd like to see Schlupp dropped as he's looked half asleep for weeks now and I blame him for Man city's second goal. Just lacks concentration. I also can't bear the thought of 3 centre halves again. So unfair to expect them to adapt to this system 3/4 of the way through a season. We don't need 3. I'd love to see Kramaric have some support- extra midfielder or a striker partner. Not bothered which.

I posed a variant of this question in the 'enough is enough' thread.

very unfair on a 34 year old legend of the game. He should be enjoying his final few seasons.

Unfair on him? Jesus. Let's give him a rest then eh? Poor old chap.

He's been around the game long enough to know that a team he's joining when newly promoted are gonna struggle, nobody forced him to sign with us.

Unfair on him? Jesus. Let's give him a rest then eh? Poor old chap.

He's been around the game long enough to know that a team he's joining when newly promoted are gonna struggle, nobody forced him to sign with us.

Clearly you couldn't be bothered to read the post in the other thread then for a bit of context.

You don't buy a classic car and then enter it into the Paris/Dakar rally !

You treasure it, look after it and then you get the best from it.

Clearly you couldn't be bothered to read the post in the other thread then for a bit of context.

You don't buy a classic car and then enter it into the Paris/Dakar rally !

You treasure it, look after it and then you get the best from it.

No you're right I can't be bothered to read your posts.

So he should only be used in scenarios where we're comfortably winning/not under any pressure/have to battle for a result judging by this analogy of yours and we can't afford that in our current state. 

Leicester 3 - 0 Hull

I don't think its just us fans that thought these remaining games will dictate our survival. I think the players have thought it too... We have stayed within touching distance of survival up until now and that's what I had hoped for (at least) at the start of the season.

Yes, after the United game I thought we would be the surprise package of the season but unfortunately that didn't happen.

On the other hand, if we lose this game I can see confidence, belief and spirit being crushed which will in turn result in relegation.

The crowd will be playing a huge part in this game. Alan Young on 100%LCFC had a great idea about getting the atmosphere started at 2:30 so the players can hear it in the changing room... Put yourself in their shoes... It could make the difference. 

Massive game for us, Hull have an awful looking run in so if we can get the 3 points here then that will put them under immense pressure. Have a feeling Villa will do enough to stay up so Burnley & QPR are the other main contenders.

Just hope we play with some attacking intent, don't mind 5 at the back providing the full backs are attacking and not the incumbent two. Personally I'd go back to 4 4 1 1 I think to give Kramaric some help up top.

Whatever happens I don't think I'll hsve many finger nails left come 5pm Saturday.

This really is the last chance we have, secure 3 points and we have a chance, al be it a slim one, anything less and I think that's it personally. This is the most nervous I've felt before a game in a long time...

We're unbalanced because we're playing to a system that we don't have the players to play. You need a truly mobile midfield who can support the attack quickly.   

We're unbalanced because our defence is crap so we have to make allowances for it - thus weakening our attack.

I've said all season there's no proper formation for this side. It doesn't fit.

This really is the last chance we have, secure 3 points and we have a chance, al be it a slim one, anything less and I think that's it personally. This is the most nervous I've felt before a game in a long time...

If we win I don't think we'll have a slim chance at all. Six points behind Hull and looking at both club's run ins then I think we'd have at the very least a 50% chance of overtaking them.

Out of all the sides outside the bottom three Hull are by far the most vulnerable purely because of who they have to play.

A loss and a 12 point gap will be curtains for us outside an amazing set of results.

I'd say this is our biggest game since Tranmere in the League Cup Final.

One thing is for sure, our players must have their heads on for this one. Not just their heads, they need to be on their game.

Anything less in such a crucial game like this suggests they don't believe they can survive and then we really will be doomed.

We're unbalanced because our defence is crap so we have to make allowances for it - thus weakening our attack.

I've said all season there's no proper formation for this side. It doesn't fit.

I've never really agreed.

Our defence isn't good....but it's been made to look worse because our strikers have been crap, our midfield is poor at this level and we've not defended (or attacked well) as a team.

Whilst the defence has been roundly slated, the attack mullered too, our midfield has gotten away scot-free this season IMO.

The whole team has been pants as has Nigel.

God knows how we still have a chance..but we do, starting Sat.

I've never really agreed.

Our defence isn't good....but it's been made to look worse because our strikers have been crap, our midfield is poor at this level and we've not defended (or attacked well) as a team.

Whilst the defence has been roundly slated, the attack mullered too, our midfield has gotten away scot-free this season IMO.

The whole team has been pants as has Nigel.

God knows how we still have a chance..but we do, starting Sat.

It's hard to pinpoint one main problem as we've been let down by nearly everyone at some point during the season.

But I think defence is the weakness. They're the most prone to costly errors, the poorest on the ball and have failed to give us a solid base throughout the season.

I've more and more warmed to the theory that last year was a lot down to how good our attack and midfield was, the fact we could pretty much get away with going all guns blazing at everyone and win because our attack was head and shoulders above anyone else's. The defence wasn't tested as much and having being tested this season, it's generally failed.

No team has a weaker first choice defence than us.

It's hard to pinpoint one main problem as we've been let down by nearly everyone at some point during the season.

But I think defence is the weakness. They're the most prone to costly errors, the poorest on the ball and have failed to give us a solid base throughout the season.

I've more and more warmed to the theory that last year was a lot down to how good our attack and midfield was, the fact we could pretty much get away with going all guns blazing at everyone and win because our attack was head and shoulders above anyone else's. The defence wasn't tested as much and having being tested this season, it's generally failed.

No team has a weaker first choice defence than us.

I think it's improved mate, with Huth...

But you're right, ESPECIALLY the full backs.

But don't overlook our midfield stats. I think people do this quite conveniently..

The stats (goals scored, assists, shots on target, shots off target etc) are AWFUL at this level. I think Esteban has got three goals..but James, Drinky, King etc have chipped in with just about nothing in that respect.

I think our midfield too, at this level, is very very poor.

Archived