Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mobile Phones

On your own Wi-Fi you can do what you want, the 195 MB is using mobile internet. If you scroll down it should show you which apps specifically used how much, and if you click on them it'll tell you how much was in the background, and how much was foreground. Foreground is when you're actually using the app.

can anyone tell me how i can find out exactly what is eating the credit in my phone?

i have a pay as you go samsung galaxy young 2 which i mostly use at work so i can be contacted in case of emergency.

the only accounts on it are whatsapp, google and yahoo mail.

all i get are texts telling me you now have x amount of credit (until my credit is all gone)

this is why i rarely top up.

is there a way of accessing where these charges are coming from?

Are you talking about credit(money) or data(Mb) ?

money. im on tesco triple credit so i pay £10 and get £20 free but that £20 gets used up in a matter of days and i cant figure whats doing it.

after the free credit is gone it then starts eating the £10.

obviously theres no problem when i have no credit because there is no money to be taken.

i know some apps can send/receive messages on your behalf which may cost money but i dont know how to pinpoint which app is doing it.

I use an app called Onavo which will tell you how much mobile data is being used and you can see what it draining it. I discovered that Google+ was hammering my data so head to change the settings to prevent this.

Have up got any apps that upload your photos to a cloud, because they can be data heavy.

money. im on tesco triple credit so i pay £10 and get £20 free but that £20 gets used up in a matter of days and i cant figure whats doing it.

after the free credit is gone it then starts eating the £10.

obviously theres no problem when i have no credit because there is no money to be taken.

i know some apps can send/receive messages on your behalf which may cost money but i dont know how to pinpoint which app is doing it.

That's strange. Best to contact the sim card provider and tell them your concerns. They will have some kind of record of your calls and messages etc.

• 1 month later...

Got an iPhone 5c screen that needs replacing (for a family member), does anyone have any recommendations where to get it fixed in Leicester? Generally online it looks like it'll cost £50 at best. Cheers for any help!

Can't recommend a place in Leicester but £20 is the going rate around here.

Got an iPhone 5c screen that needs replacing (for a family member), does anyone have any recommendations where to get it fixed in Leicester? Generally online it looks like it'll cost £50 at best. Cheers for any help!

Depends where 'Here' is I guess. I know a few people have had it done successfully at a place in Coalville

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So what's everyone make of the new iPhone 8 and X?

Not alot to make of it I don't think personally.

My main question though is do people think the previous models will become cheaper imminently? I have a 5S but it's battered, slow as fuck and i'm sick of being told my 16gb memory is constantly full no matter how many photos or apps I delete.

I didn't like the idea of the home 'button' on the iPhone 7 (Because it's not a phsyical button, it's sensor, silly reasoning perhaps but i'd rather something to push than being reliant on a sensor - even though button's can get shit behind them/stop working), iPhone 8 I assume is the same and X has no home button (That idea seems a right faff of swiping as for touching the screen and it coming on that doesn't bode well bearing in mind poor batteries on previous iPhones), sooo i'm looking at getting a 6S, i'm happy to pay the price they're going for now but if they're going to become considerably cheaper within the next few weeks then i'll wait.

Obviously your guess is as good as mine but there must be someone who has took notice of this situation in the past or works in the mobile phone industry on here that might have an idea? :dunno:

I'm sure I read at the iPhone 8/X launch the previous models will be being made cheaper but I think that was regarding the US market, don't know if it also includes the UK market.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Charging us the same price for the X in £ as it is in $ is taking the pi$$

Absolutely ridiculous that they get away with that. Paying over 30% more for the same thing

53 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Samsung > IPhone.

As soon as you're under the apple lock they have you and charge silly prices for their products.

Samsung are better but more importantly iPhone doesn't really do anything more than any bog standard Android phone for a quarter of the price does, people are just obsessed with the brand, and the complete myth that iPhone is more user-friendly in some way

They're also fragile as fvck. Missus smashed her iPhone screen dropping it from a low height. I've got a Moto G4, dropped loads of times, no screen protector and there's not a mark on it. I even knocked a pint glass of water on it the other day and no damage - it's not even supposed to be splash proof

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Had enough of iPhones now, just ordered myself the Note 8. 

Good choice. I had the note 7 on release, was the most stunning phone I've ever had. They literally got everything spot on (bar the exploding battery, never had any trouble with mine though). About cried when they took it off me. Got the s7 edge as a replacement, and it's nice, but it's just not the same. :(

55 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Good choice. I had the note 7 on release, was the most stunning phone I've ever had. They literally got everything spot on (bar the exploding battery, never had any trouble with mine though). About cried when they took it off me. Got the s7 edge as a replacement, and it's nice, but it's just not the same. :(

Yeah I nearly ended up with the 7 but the batteries started blowing up before I could get it. Went in the Samsung shop to look at the 8 and was blown away. 

Apple has just become the worlds greatest marketing company in my opinion.  In today's market, their tech is distinctly average but they are absolute masters at creating a loyal following who blindly throw their money them everytime they fart.

I'm due an upgrade and will definitely be sticking with Android.  I like the look of the Samsung range but they are still pricey.  The OnePlus 5 looks quality and the camera on it is insanely good (a friend has one).  So I could well get one of those.  Either that or the Xiaomi Mi 6 which looks like an absolute steal for less than £350.