Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Mattock - To Where ever?

If he does choose to go there, I hope he's prepared for Reserve team football or being loaned out to play in the Championship again. He'll never dislodge Lescott, and then he's got Leighton Baines for compete with as backup, it's not happening.

If he does choose to go there, I hope he's prepared for Reserve team football or being loaned out to play in the Championship again. He'll never dislodge Lescott, and then he's got Leighton Baines for compete with as backup, it's not happening.

I don't think Everton plan on playing Lescott at left back next season, he wants to play centre back and Baines has been crap for them so far according to an Everton fan I know. I still don't think he'll play much football though unless Moyes plans on playing him left midfield initially.

Everton just see him as a squad filler IMO, I think they are just buying him just incase he turns out to be a very good player.

I don't think Everton plan on playing Lescott at left back next season, he wants to play centre back and Baines has been crap for them so far according to an Everton fan I know. I still don't think he'll play much football though unless Moyes plans on playing him left midfield initially.

Everton just see him as a squad filler IMO, I think they are just buying him just incase he turns out to be a very good player.

A squad filler at 2.2 million??

:blink:

A squad filler at 2.2 million??

:blink:

£2.2 million is nothing to a team like Everton. I think for that price they'd be willing to take a gamble on Mattock in the hope he will be first team material in a few years.

Today's Mirror

Everton want Leicester's Joe Mattock

27/06/2008

Everton are set to launch a £2million raid on relegated Leicester for promising teenager Joe Mattock.

The Foxes have already lost Gareth McAuley, Iain Hume and Richard Stearman after slipping into League One.

Left-back Mattock, 18, also wants out with Everton boss David Moyes a big admirer.

We would've brought in nearly 6 million if this happens and other reported fees are correct.

If we off load the likes of Howard, clemence, campbell and oakley. they could fetch another 2 million +.

Milan will be closer to the "11 million investment" he has put in. Maybe something fishy going on here.

If Everton do bid for Joe then he will certainly go.

Even though £2.2 Million may work out to be abit of a snip in later years.

League 1 or The Premier League?

Johnstone's Paint or The UEFA Cup?

Maybe marking Cristiano Ronaldo or Lloyd Dyer?

If Everton do bid for Joe then he will certainly go.

Even though £2.2 Million may work out to be abit of a snip in later years.

League 1 or The Premier League?

Johnstone's Paint or The UEFA Cup?

Maybe marking Cristiano Ronaldo or Lloyd Dyer?

Bit of a no brainer then really ain't it. :giggle:

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does well and builds up some consistency.

You never know, we might see him in the England team sooner or later.

i think if we sell him for £2m we will be selling ourselves short. He is a talanted player. i think £3m + add ons is a fair price. Hopefully the everton speculation will start off some sort of a small bidding war.

TBH he will be sold. He was fast tracked into the first team, or should i say shop window. i think if we matured him as a player we would get more than £2m for him.

quality english left back are at a premium in this day and age

thats football folks!

Archived