Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Vardy

The future England striker was signed from Halifax Town for £1million before moving to Leicester.

‘There was a lot of interest in him but nobody wanted to make that jump,’ recalls Mellon. ‘I’ve heard some people say they were going to buy him. Well, why didn’t you?

‘I went to my chairman and told him it was worth taking a gamble on this kid. A million was a lot of money for Fleetwood but the chairman never even blinked. It was probably the best decision the two of us made because look at what the boy has gone on to do.

‘When he came in and got among us, it became clear he could go further. I actually said to his agent he could play for England. He was greyhound-quick. And when I say aggressive, he was really aggressive.

‘When people get angry they lose their focus, but he had this ability to turn anger into energy. So probably the worst thing you can do is make him angry. It’s no surprise to see what he’s done.

‘I worked with John Stones (as assistant manager) at Barnsley as well. He was the same. They have this calmness about them that nothing is going to stop them getting the most out of their ability.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3455181/Shrewsbury-Town-boss-Micky-Mellon-Charles-Darwin-unearthing-Jamie-Vardy-bid-stun-Manchester-United.html

Hmmmmmmmmmmm someones telling porkies

"Andy Pilley so proud of striker who repaid his £150,000 transfer fee with a 31-goal season that lifted the Lancashire side out of non-League"

as well as vardy, surely theyre going to need actors to play the rest of our team and managers.......................................

De Niro to play CR of course ..   Vladimir Klitschko to play NP ...   Vitali Klitschko to play Was ...    Michael Clarke Duncan (him out the Green Mile) to play Wes ...    Louie DePalma to play Bernie ...   Bert Kwouk (heavily made up) to play Top and, (less made up) his dad ....     and Rachel will play herself.

De Niro to play CR of course .. Vladimir Klitschko to play NP ... Vitali Klitschko to play Was ... Michael Clarke Duncan (him out the Green Mile) to play Wes ... Louie DePalma to play Bernie ... Bert Kwouk (heavily made up) to play Top and, (less made up) his dad .... and Rachel will play WITH herself.

fixed

Schwarzenegger to play Huth

Ray Winstone to play the Birch ...    needs to get some practice in sounding half pissed and saying 'doobrys' all the time ...     OJ Simpson to play his namesake of course   :ph34r:  ......      Rutger Hauer to play Kasper ..   (well he's blond and sort of Nordic looking) ....   (not sure if he can catch a ball though)  ....   (but then again that wont matter).   John Hurt in full elephant man outfit to play Arsehole Wenger and Steve Walsh to be played by the invisible man ...    what does he look like ?? ...   does he really exist ???    

Idris Elba is clearly going to play Wes Morgan.

I was thinking more along the lines of John Terry for Morgan. Or Emma Thompson, if she grew her hair out.

Archived