Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

I'm certain i wont.  I spent 18 months out in Oz and couldnt find a way to get to a gig out there, they were always on the wrong cost at the wrong time to me.  I'm just trying to find a way to get to a Hilltop Hoods gig as well at some point

I actually just turned down a free ticket to see JBT for tonight, bit gutted but had already made plans i couldn't cancel.

Just booked for http://www.whitealbumconcert.com/

10155215_10152378324823385_1577525233_n.

Not usually my thing "tribute acts"... but with this line up of performers..and one of my favourite ever albums.. really looking forward to it.

I assume they will play Revolution 9 during the interval  :)

Oh also snapped a couple of tickets to Reginald D Hunter... but thats not music so prob shouldnt be in this :)

Anyone going to see Yes at DMH on May 6?

41 years since I first saw them there! And 34 years since they last played here.

What took you so long guys?

It's now sold out, as has the rest of the UK tour, so expect hordes of geriatric prog-rockers, their children and, like-as-not, their grandchildren, to be occupying The Old Horse and the Marquis before the gig. We may need some help crossing the road...........

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked for http://www.whitealbumconcert.com/

10155215_10152378324823385_1577525233_n.

Not usually my thing "tribute acts"... but with this line up of performers..and one of my favourite ever albums.. really looking forward to it.

I assume they will play Revolution 9 during the interval   :)

Oh also snapped a couple of tickets to Reginald D Hunter... but thats not music so prob shouldnt be in this :)

It has Chris Cheney of course it will be good

• 2 weeks later...

Prince last night was great, bit of a lull in the middle where he went into solo mode for a while but last 45 mins were fantastic.

A steward with small penis syndrome did his best to ruin peoples night, I had a word with another steward about him, he of course pleaded ignorance but I saw him chatting to small willy and next time I looked he'd gone which was good in one way but I was planning a little chat after the gig.

oh and yes he did do PURPLE RON, RURPLE RON.

Edited by purpleronnie

Prince last night was great, bit of a lull in the middle where he went into solo mode for a while but last 45 mins were fantastic.

A steward with small penis syndrome did his best to ruin peoples night, I had a word with another steward about him, he of course pleaded ignorance but I saw him chatting to small willy and next time I looked he'd gone which was good in one way but I was planning a little chat after the gig.

oh and yes he did do PURPLE RON, RURPLE RON.

I had tickets but couldn't get the night off work. Gutted I was.

Went Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park on Saturday. Got right to the front as well, just to the right though but still a great view. Played most of the well known songs, 'Do I Wanna Know', 'Dancefloor', 'Brainstorm' etc... Not the first time I've seen them, and again they didn't play 'When The Sun Goes Down'. Still though, a lot of my favourites come out including 'Dont Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair'... Still great to see live, I'd happily pay to see them again.

Went Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park on Saturday. Got right to the front as well, just to the right though but still a great view. Played most of the well known songs, 'Do I Wanna Know', 'Dancefloor', 'Brainstorm' etc... Not the first time I've seen them, and again they didn't play 'When The Sun Goes Down'. Still though, a lot of my favourites come out including 'Dont Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair'... Still great to see live, I'd happily pay to see them again.

Saw an interview with Helders before the weekend where he said he'd been disappointed with the reaction to the earlier stuff they'd played at Glasto, which might explain lack of it at Finsbury Park.

I went on Friday, thoroughly enjoyed it (thought the support acts were good too) and even managed to get away with pissing in a pint cup while chatting to the girl I was stood next to without her noticing.  :D

Also liked how the bars around the park were named after the fictional pubs mentioned in Cornerstone.