Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Danns off to Bristol City on loan

Interesting?

That's why I suggested a strong Defensive Midfielder?

However, I thought the post match analysis dismissed that idea in favour of a 'we didn't finish our chances' explanation?

Well there's never just one factor that contributes to losing a game and you can hardly argue that we didn't take our chances in the Blackburn game? Their two goals wouldn't have mattered if we had scored about the 5 or 6 clear cut chances we made.

Maybe a DM would have made a difference, but I thought King and Drinkwater were absolutely bossing it that day - they dominated Murphy and Etuhu with ease and I've no idea why Pearson took off Drinky to bring on Danns (was he injured?). It certainly led directly to their second goal, perhaps if Drinkwtaer had stayed on, they wouldn't have scored?

Disappointed that he's gone. He's not first team material as DD and King have made those spots their own but as a squad member you wont get better. Given our numbers at the minute i'm surprised he's going even if it is just for a month.

I suppose its good that he'll get game time so be sharp if we need him as he's looked anything but so far this season.

Every manager has their 'own type of player' which is why a change in manager often brings a large change in personell. No idea why some see this as such a bad thing. Its just normal.

Bristol City apparently

leon wobschall â€@LeonWobYP

Sounds like Neil Danns will not be going to #htafc after all, but Bristol City #YPSport

Foxblogger on Twitter said that Radio Suffolk were told by Wellens that he could only go on loan if it was for a bottom 4 club.

Presumably same principle at work here

That was one of the things NP was unhappy about with Hoos/Manderic and way Gradel was sold to Leeds when NP implicitly only allowed him to leave if it wasn't to a rival.

Not surprising at all, right decision for all involved.

He was very good in some games, but was far too inconsistent. He was pretty good though for the second half of last season, but it can't be helped if he isn't in Pearson's plans.

Good luck to him, but Bristol City if it's correct is a bit of a step down, thought it might of been Palace.

Why are people using him getting rid of Sven's signings against him?

The majority of them have proven to be average as fvck and extremely poor value for money. If anything I say well done for clearing it out.

Michael Ball was a real DUFF signing why Sven signed him I haven't a clue, Michael Johnson injury prone etc.

Sven best signings were Konchesky, Nugent, Kasper, Bamba and St Ledger the rest didn't live up to their potential on a consistent basis in the league.

Michael Ball was a real DUFF signing why Sven signed him I haven't a clue, Michael Johnson injury prone etc.

Sven best signings were Konchesky, Nugent, Kasper, Bamba and St Ledger the rest didn't live up to their potential on a consistent basis in the league.

I think your list of players had a hint of credibility until you mentioned Bombscare Bamba.

Bamba wasn't that bad for the money we bought him on 250 grand remember? which people seem to forget in the time he was with us he became an Ivory Coast International and now plies his trade in Turkey with a team of European caliber.

Was he that Bombscare no imo did his antics cost us any goals not that I can remember, certainly wasn't that bad in the grandscale of things.

Michael Ball was a real DUFF signing why Sven signed him I haven't a clue

I can remember when we signed him, and Sven said in an interview to the Mercury, that if Michael Ball get's fit he could be our best signing of the summer.

I liked Sven to some extent, but that comment was one of the most deluded comments a Leicester manager has ever made.

I can remember when we signed him, and Sven said in an interview to the Mercury, that if Michael Ball get's fit he could be our best signing of the summer.

I liked Sven to some extent, but that comment was one of the most deluded comments a Leicester manager has ever made.

Sven was a duffer... End of

Bamba wasn't that bad for the money we bought him on 250 grand remember? which people seem to forget in the time he was with us he became an Ivory Coast International and now plies his trade in Turkey with a team of European caliber.

Was he that Bombscare no imo did his antics cost us any goals not that I can remember, certainly wasn't that bad in the grandscale of things.

Take a look at any goal conceded and look where Bamba is, he's not even in TV shot in half of them - instead somewhere else further up the pitch.

What fits in well with a continental team doesn't always fly in the toughest second flight in world football.

I wasn't using it 'against him'.. When was that said?

I was making an observation.

I'm sure I also said I thought Sven was a duffer?

I thought you put it as a dig, in that Danns has gone because "he was a Sven signing" and that alone.

So I apologise if you didn't mean that.

I was really happy when we got him, but he never lived up to expectations. For all the huff and puff his ball retention is just nowhere near good enough for our current starting XI. He may have been useful as a back up, but I'd rather have James on than him at the moment, so happy to get wages cleared. Good luck to him at Bristol, seems a decent bloke.

Archived