Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

Championship Winning Medals

I'm not too sure if this has been posted already (I did have a quick look) but am I right in thinking that you need to have played a certain amount of games this season to get a medal?

Now if thats right, most of the team will get one, except Conrad. Do people think that he deserves one or not? It would be a bit harsh if he doesn't get one, I know he hasn't played but he's been here for years. Just wondered what peoples thought are.

It would be nice if everyone involved in the club could have 1 like the backroom staff, the management team, even the fans I would love 1 myself unfortunately rules are rules

Conrad has been at the club for 13 years and has gone through all the shit we have, from Tater Peeler to Craig Levein, League One, Sven and Watford except he was at the eye of the storm. It must have been a living nightmare from which he can't escape. Deserves a medal just for that.

Conrad has been at the club for 13 years and has gone through all the shit we have, from Tater Peeler to Craig Levein, League One, Sven and Watford except he was at the eye of the storm. It must have been a living nightmare from which he can't escape. Deserves a medal just for that.

Been at the club for 13 years and has had about as much impact on the pitch in that time than Filbert Fox.

It says it all when he has played more times for Stockport than he has for Leicester in 13 years.

Hardly a living nightmare picking up a few thousand pounds each week by just training and then watching Leicester play from the dugout.

Me personally I see him as someone with a lack of ambition.

Rather than taking one step back and taking a pay cut and signing for a lower league club, playing regularly to prove how good he is as a goalkeeper (debateable I know) and then getting recognised by a better club and signing for them. He's took the easy way out, stayed at Leicester where he knows he will never get a first team opportunity but because he is on better money than he would be playing regularly for a lower league team he's stayed with us.

It says it all when every time our number 1 goalkeeper in the past got injured we brough in an emergency loan instead of trusting him.

I think if we released him next season he would struggle to get a contract at a League 2 side now.

I really feel sorry for the guy. He never gets to play, unlike other outfield players.

They should at least present Conrad with luxury cushion for the bench.  :rolleyes:

I hope you're being sarcastic. He's made the choice to sit on the bench, he could have left us at any point. On top of that he appears to have been paid hansomly for it.

Guest MattP

I really can't put up any argument for him getting a medal. If he does then so should Sean St Ledger.

Not only that but do you just assume he wants one? If I was in his position I wouldn't given I hadn't played a minute all season. :/ I'd be embarrassed to pick it up.

I really can't put up any argument for him getting a medal. If he does then so should Sean St Ledger.

Not only that but do you just assume he wants one? If I was in his position I wouldn't given I hadn't played a minute all season. :/ I'd be embarrassed to pick it up.

Of course he will want one. He hasn't cared for the last 13 years that he's never featured and never been embarassed to pick up his wage packet every week.

So i'm pretty sure he won't having any feeling of embarassment when it comes to collecting his medal.

If Logan wasn't here, the alternative would be another keeper to sit on the bench, he doesn't deserve the criticism, his contribution has been very small, but he is a member of the squad, he is part of the dressing room and the team spirit, and for that shouldn't be criticised.

His celebration with GTF at Bolton was probably the closest he got to being on the pitch for a league match, but it showed the spirit within the club.

If he qualifies for a medal it would be a right miserable bugger that says he can't have one.

Next year will be interesting though, as we can't add to our 25 man squad after it has been submitted, so do we purchase an experienced back-up for Kasper who will happily sit on the bench all season or risk it with Logan, knowing that a long term injury to Kasper would prevent us from getting in anyone apart from an U21?

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently only 23 medals are given to the Club.

18 for players, one for the Manager, one for the physio, one for the club secretary (or equivalent) and two more for non-playing staff.

Just trying to work out the players. I think 16 are nailed on then it's two from KP, GTF and Hammond.

So apparently only 23 medals are given to the Club.

18 for players, one for the Manager, one for the physio, one for the club secretary (or equivalent) and two more for non-playing staff.

Just trying to work out the players. I think 16 are nailed on then it's two from KP, GTF and Hammond.

If this is right then GTF and Hammond. KP will miss out.

Archived