Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Will Big Nige get the sack if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas?

Seriously not - we are going to keep Nigel as an emotional response to his achievements this year - we will not have a better chance to build a Premier League team than this season and he has no knowledge of how to do this - we could take a chance on him getting it right but we all accept the need for better players in the Prem , why not a better manager?

He has been well rewarded financially for this season (and last actually) and would easily get another job in the championship so like any business that has just won a bigger contract, the owners should make their decisions based on the well being of the business and eliminate as much risk as possible - controversial yes but damn good sense

Harry Redknapp apparently had 'knowledge' on how to keep teams up in the Premier League. That worked well for QPR and their bank balance.

Successful English managers like Pearson are few and far between and the Premier League need more of them rather than these clueless foreigners.

Will he be sacked? Maybe, but hopefully so long as we are picking up points from games against the sides that come up with us, the likes of stoke, palace, villa etc, it won't come to that. We may well suffer in the hands of man city tho, look how spurs and arseanl etc have done.

Should he be sacked. No not in my opinion, unless we are losing by 4 or 5 every week and we look hopelessly lost. He has a bright young squad, seems to buy well and has learnt from past errors.

However and I'm not siding with seenitall but IF the owners are already thinking Pearson isn't the man for the top flight and are going to attempt another Sven episode, (i hope they learnt something there) then would replacing Pearson be the worst thing to do in the summer?

I am not suggesting I would agree with it, but if you're forward planning then, why not make the change now rather than lose 6-8 months.

Guest MattP

I like Seenitall. One of the most outrageous trolls. 

It's quite possible he isn't. I've sat near a guy at times this season who has done nothing but slag off our own players and call them not good enough despite winning every week. Still convinced Pearson isn't the man for the job and the last time I saw him was Charlton and he was still shouting then "not good enough, we wont go up if we've going to be this lazy" despite being 3-0 up.

Shouts random cliches like "we've got no width" or "mark the wings" even at times when we are knocking it wide near the corner flag. It's so strange, he's clearly a bit simple and knows absolutely nothing about the game but it isn't impossible someone like this could learn to use the internet in this day and age.

It's quite possible he isn't. I've sat near a guy at times this season who has done nothing but slag off our own players and call them not good enough despite winning every week. Still convinced Pearson isn't the man for the job and the last time I saw him was Charlton and he was still shouting then "not good enough, we wont go up if we've going to be this lazy" despite being 3-0 up.

Shouts random cliches like "we've got no width" or "mark the wings" even at times when we are knocking it wide near the corner flag. It's so strange, he's clearly a bit simple and knows absolutely nothing about the game but it isn't impossible someone like this could learn to use the internet in this day and age.

Maybe you sit near 'seenitall'

I would far rather stick with big nige for the foreseeable future. A real long term thinker.

I seem to remember a year west brom went down (after a previous promotion) with Mowbray and with the extra cash and settled squad went straight back up and have stayed there.

I worry that we'll do really well and he'll be poached by someone like Newcastle, :(

Seriously not - we are going to keep Nigel as an emotional response to his achievements this year - we will not have a better chance to build a Premier League team than this season and he has no knowledge of how to do this - we could take a chance on him getting it right but we all accept the need for better players in the Prem , why not a better manager?

He has been well rewarded financially for this season (and last actually) and would easily get another job in the championship so like any business that has just won a bigger contract, the owners should make their decisions based on the well being of the business and eliminate as much risk as possible - controversial yes but damn good sense

Ok, Ok, I'll bite...

I agree in a way that there is an emotional response in supporting in NP, he has made me happier than any manager since MON (sorry Mickey). So I will give him greater support than an unknown.

I agree he has never prepared a team for the prem before, and never had the budget that he will have, but the number of managers who have is limited.

Of all the promoted teams that were successful in recent times not one of them sacked their manager pre-season, of those that sacked their manager in a bid to improve their standings, only Southampton and Palace have been successful. Southampton was a very brave decision and one that paid off, Palace replaced a lucky moron.

I think you are right to an extent, that we shouldn't keep NP, just because he got us promoted, but I think the way he has always improved our standing, season on season and has built this squad to compete in the Prem. I don't think he deserves a shot because he got us there, I believe he is our best chance of staying there. Anyone else coming in will be starting from scratch, starting with players loyal to NP and used to playing his way.

You talk of foreign coaches playing football more suited ot the prem, bringing in their own players and getting a full pre-season to adapt NP's successful team to their style? Well do you remember Paulo Sousa?

It's all conjecture, and the thread is a tad pointless.

If we are struggling in the bottom three, who knows what the board would do, but I would stick with him until the season is over, at least.

One step at a time though guys, we are still playing in the Championship.

Was talking about this in the pub with my mates on Sat night.

We think (genuinely), that the Thai's should publically claim that Nigel Pearson will be City's manager for at least the next two seasons, WHATEVER happens. If we are relegated, he gets another crack at getting us back up again. THEN review.

Cut out all the potential for bull-shite speculation, cut it dead in its tracks, this is what's gonna happen, end-of etc etc etc.

We think (genuinely), that the Thai's should publically claim that Nigel Pearson will be City's manager for at least the next two seasons, WHATEVER happens. If we are relegated, he gets another crack at getting us back up again. THEN review.

Cut out all the potential for bull-shite speculation, cut it dead in its tracks, this is what's gonna happen, end-of etc etc etc.

They aren't really ones for making big public statetments, so I can't see that happening, I don't know if it is the right thing to do, look at Newcastle, they gave Pardew a 6 year contract, and he can do whatever he wants and they can't sack him as it would be too expensive. If NP started abusing opposing managers and headbutting players like Pardew did along with a serious decline in results, then he should get sacked. Regardless of what went on before.

I really do hope that NP is still our manager this time next season, but I want that to be because he is doing a good job and not because they owners have backed themselves into a corner and can't get rid of him.

Anything could happen between now and next April, and some of it may result in the justifiable sacking of NP for the good of the club, nobody is bigger than the club, and that includes NP, if it becomes in the best interest of the club to sack him, then he goes. I just hope that doesn't happen, but if it is best for the club, regardless of what has gone before, than I will most likely support it.

They aren't really ones for making big public statetments, so I can't see that happening, I don't know if it is the right thing to do, look at Newcastle, they gave Pardew a 6 year contract, and he can do whatever he wants and they can't sack him as it would be too expensive. If NP started abusing opposing managers and headbutting players like Pardew did along with a serious decline in results, then he should get sacked. Regardless of what went on before.

I really do hope that NP is still our manager this time next season, but I want that to be because he is doing a good job and not because they owners have backed themselves into a corner and can't get rid of him.

Anything could happen between now and next April, and some of it may result in the justifiable sacking of NP for the good of the club, nobody is bigger than the club, and that includes NP, if it becomes in the best interest of the club to sack him, then he goes. I just hope that doesn't happen, but if it is best for the club, regardless of what has gone before, than I will most likely support it.

We discussed that also..

6 years is too long... as you say, if it's all going tits up, its too expensive to get rid if you REALLY need to.

2 years is good. Shows a statement of intent on both sides, keeps the manager fresh but also shows the fans there is a plan in place which will not change for two seasons, but will then be reviewed.

Pearson, headbutting and players. Now where have I heard that in a sentence?

Totally agree Col. He's shown enough to me especially this season to prove he knows what he's doing.

Problem is that isn't the way the '#EPL' works

Sorry, but where is this outpouring and negativity? Where is everyone asking for a cull of players?

All I've seen is people moaning about set pieces, saying we'll need a decent centre back (we will) and that players like Hammond, GTF, Phillips aren't really up to scratch for the premier league (be honest they aren't).

I'm one of the first to call people up on over the top negativity, but mostly it's been a fair appraisal of areas we need to improve. We're up, celebrations have happened, opinions have already turned to next season and improving what we have.

Do people moaning at the moaners think all is ok and we can just go into the premier league with the team we have? We're going to need some quality buys and some players, the more average of the group will not be making the 18, that's what happens.

Was reading stuff about Lloyd Dyer losing his pace in a week, Kasper too short for Prem, Wes never has been and never will be up to it, all complete bollocks.

If the forum is about opinions, we shouldn't bash people for giving theirs.

We all know that NP struggles with big players and we are probably going to need a few. I hope we stay up and NP is still in charge this time next year. If he is he will have had to learn how to deal with so called "big time Charlie's".

In fact we already have 3 of them in our team. Drinkys, knocky and Vardy. Will all become BTC's if we are doing well and the big boys start sniffing around...it's almost human nature for footballers. How will NP deal with them...he won't be able to just drop them like Beckford, Danns and Mills?

If the forum is about opinions, we shouldn't bash people for giving theirs.

We all know that NP struggles with big players and we are probably going to need a few. I hope we stay up and NP is still in charge this time next year. If he is he will have had to learn how to deal with so called "big time Charlie's".

In fact we already have 3 of them in our team. Drinkys, knocky and Vardy. Will all become BTC's if we are doing well and the big boys start sniffing around...it's almost human nature for footballers. How will NP deal with them...he won't be able to just drop them like Beckford, Danns and Mills?

If I were continually posting kn0bhead comments based on nothing other than my personal prejudice, not backed by evidence and clearly bòllocks, then I think I would deserve a bashing.

Despite his user-name, Seenitall clearly hasn't seen anything over the past five years, yet makes stupid assertions. Hence the (fully deserved) bashing.

Archived