Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

Caribean Carnival

Always try avoid it like the plague or Ebola. Always ends up someone getting stabbed/raped/shot/death by Goat curry food poisoning.

Actually surprised it's still going, don't think it'll last too much longer. 

We usually go every year. The missis is mixed race, dad from Jamaica.

It's ok.. The best bit is the food as I LOVE goat curry and Jerk Chicken.

Aba Shanti usually plays and is very very loud.

Not a bad day usually.

Fair play, Col.

The depth of your ignorance (even for you) on this occasion is truly eye opening.

Another edition of The World According to Moosebreath.

It's like The World According to Clarkson, except it's a lot more bigoted, nowhere near as funny and not based on any facts whatsoever.

Doesn't interest me, I'm not from the Caribbean.

If they fund it themselves then good luck to them I guess, although I'd suspect the Council probably throw our hard-earned tax money at it.

Organisers of Leicester's Caribbean Carnival will charge an entry fee this year after council funding was cut.

It will be the first time in the festival's 28-year history that people must pay to attend.

The decision was made after the city council reduced funding for the annual event from £100,000 to £60,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-28159827

Do you pay your council tax in Leicester out of interest?

We usually go every year. The missis is mixed race, dad from Jamaica.

It's ok.. The best bit is the food as I LOVE goat curry and Jerk Chicken.

Aba Shanti usually plays and is very very loud.

Not a bad day usually.

Nice on Col

Been a couple of times in the past, like you say lovely food

How far Moose will go to get a response never ceases to amaze me.

I enjoy the day. People visit from across the country to see it. The atmosphere is friendly. Children enjoy it You can even get some good pictures if you wish. It shows that Leicester has a good diverse community spirit most of the time.

The people working and preparing the carnival are from all backgrounds and cultures. Schools community groups have to rehearse for months for the procession.

Some people should look beyond the skin when judging people. I find it sad that some people are so locked within their own little world that they have to mock others.

I didn't realise this was tomorrow. Unfortunately, we will just miss it. Fortunately, I'm in Jamaica at the moment visiting my wife's family.

I found Moose's post disgusting. Absolute racist drivel. I don't care if he is just trying to provoke a response. He got one from me. He should be ashamed.

Too late to get a flight to the Caribbean

I'll send you some pictures so you can pretend.

Always try avoid it like the plague or Ebola. Always ends up someone getting stabbed/raped/shot/death by Goat curry food poisoning.

Actually surprised it's still going, don't think it'll last too much longer.

Wow. I am amazed the merc doesn't report all this.

Wow. I am amazed the merc doesn't report all this.

No offense, Baltimore, but all of those things (apart from murder and the curry poisoning) have happened in the 40 or so years it has been running.

That said, they are isolated incidents, and I take my daughter every year without any fears for her safety.

Edit: I see the post didn't say 'murder'; all true but the curry poisoning then.

And mine!

It's probably to cover Moose's racism up.

Who would do that?

lol

Cover up on foxestalk, who would have thought. I didn't find moos's post racist, he is defo a ignorant coont though.

Comming from a guy that owes Rincewind money, he really is beyond belief!

I found Moose's post disgusting. Absolute racist drivel. I don't care if he is just trying to provoke a response. He got one from me. He should be ashamed.

He got one from me too, but - surprise, surprise - it was deleted.

Maybe we should all stop feeding the troll.

No offense, Baltimore, but all of those things (apart from murder and the curry poisoning) have happened in the 40 or so years it has been running.

That said, they are isolated incidents, and I take my daughter every year without any fears for her safety.

No offence taken.

The comment made was over the top and suggested murder, rape and curry goat poisoning happened regularly. In my opinion, it was casual racism on the part of the poster.

Your comment is much more measured. Isolated incidents, that can and have happened at any large gathering of people. I agree with your post.

Fyi

"Organisers of Leicester's Caribbean Carnival will charge an entry fee this year after council funding was cut.

It will be the first time in the festival's 28-year history that people must pay to attend."

Archived