Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

What a waste of a life!

A 22-year-old man died after taking a cocktail of drugs on a night out in Leicester.

Mitchell Reeve returned home to his flat but was found dead later that day.

An inquest into his death today heard that he had taken a deadly mixture of heroin, cocaine and two legal highs methiopropamine and etizolam.

The hearing at Leicester Town Hall heard that Mr Reeve, 22, died on June 1, 2014 at his flat in Leicester.

Coroner Mrs Lydia Brown, who recorded a misadventure verdict, said: “There was no suggestion that he wanted his life to end.

“I can’t imagine he knew anything at all about the drugs found in his body. But, unfortunately mixing them with the other drugs was lethal.

“It is a deep sorrow to lose a man of 22 years of age.”

Talking about the methiopropamine and etizolam, she added: “There is nothing legal about them - they are just not illegal. They are not licensed in this country, therefore not registered. It is impossible to know what you are taking.”

She said the two highs had appeared in Leicester in the last 18 months and said they were “an ongoing great difficulty for us as a city.”

She said that some drugs were acting as depressants and others acted against them as a stimulants.

She said: “He would have slipped into unconsciousness and probably suffered cardiac arrhythmia.”

A pathologist said Mr Reeve died from the mixture of drugs he had taken.

Mr Reeve’s good friend Richard Tansey spoke of the night out they had before his friend’s death. He admitted that he too took drugs. 

He told the inquest how they watched a boxing match between Carl Froch and George Groves at Richard’s home before heading out into Leicester and visiting bars and clubs.

The friends then returned to Mr Reeve’s flat at 7am in the morning and stayed up chatting.

Mr Tansey said when they returned: “As far as I remember he was normal and jokey. I remember him talking about his forthcoming trip to Norway."

Mr Tansey then left the flat at about 9.30am and Mitchell was asleep in the living room snoring.

No-one heard from Mr Reeve that day. And when Richard returned to the flat that evening with Mitchell’s mum and brother, prompted by texts and other messages, they found him lying dead on a mattress.  

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/22-year-old-died-taking-drugs-Leicester-night/story-23312015-detail/story.html#ixzz3GonitYd8 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/22-year-old-died-taking-drugs-Leicester-night/story-23312015-detail/story.html#7EsfhEK641EePgJw.99

I had a older brother who died from taking drugs 9 years ago, he wasn't a addict he had a good job and lived a good life, traveled the world, and just took the wrong pill at the wrong time, the coroner gave a misadventure verdict too, as hard as it was for me i felt worse for my parents and what they had to go trough him being the first born of 3 sons 

Every time i read stories like this it reminds me of what a waste of a life it is and the effect it has on familys

Someone between 15 and 34 dies through alcohol approximately every 30 hours in the UK. Strange how this is not the subject of stupid remarks by coroners and headline writers.  :rolleyes:

"there is nothing legal about them. they are just not illegal" 

download_zps848e35d4.jpeg

That was pretty stupid!

What they mean is they are not illegal because not enough research has been done to ban them yet, or they are chemicals which are used as additives to industrial/other products and were never intended to be taken internally so cannot be banned

I'm sure you'd get a pretty big buzz if you necked a pint of Toilet Duck, but you probably wouldn't survive the night.

Someone between 15 and 34 dies through alcohol approximately every 30 hours in the UK. Strange how this is not the subject of stupid remarks by coroners and headline writers.  :rolleyes:

You're right, carry on taking drugs kids, Steven says they're harmless.

The question is would this happen if drugs were legalised and there was a greater control over the contents of the drugs and greater information about what happens when you mix this with that.

I have seen my friends do it at festivals, just take all kinds of crap bought from dodgy looking people, they've had pills laced with acid and other things and some nasty red pills that made them all feel ill.

If it was known that mixing heroin, cocaine, methiopropamine and etizolam would kill you, then you hope he wouldn't experiment with them, but then he was taking Heroin, so I'm not really sure.

Soon as you are onto Heroin anything can happen. Poor guy though.

These legal highs look to often be worse than the illegal ones.

http://www.hscic.gov.uk/catalogue/PUB12994/drug-misu-eng-2013-rep.pdf

The total number of deaths related to drug misuse in England and Wales was 1496 in England and Wales in 2012

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnational-health4/alcohol-related-deaths-in-the-united-kingdom/2012/stb---alcohol-related-deaths-in-the-united-kingdom--registered-in-2012.html

• In 2012 there were 8,367 alcohol-related deaths in the UK, 381 fewer than in 2011 (8,748).

This x1000000

Is there really any point in comparing the two when one is legal and one isn't?

The amount of people who booze regularly compared to drug takers would be vastly different.

I find it hard to believe those figures as well. They look far too low.

That's just it. You might as well compare drug related deaths to gun related deaths in this country. I'd guess far fewer people are shot to death in the UK than die of drugs overdoses, therefore guns are safer than drugs

There are more alcohol related deaths than drugs, stabbings, guns and car accidents put together so I don't really see your point

i couldnt find the figures, howcome anyway?

Because no one's ever died of their first pint where as there are stories of kids dying of their first ecstasy tablet.

Why does people dying of drink makes taking drugs a good idea?

Alcohol abuse and poisoning can be seen and prevented or at least controlled. A bad pint most likely would not kill you but a bad drug dose could. How many previous occasions had that young man taken pills etc. with no ill effect. On this occasion the combination was wrong.

Because no one's ever died of their first pint where as there are stories of kids dying of their first ecstasy tablet.

Why does people dying of drink makes taking drugs a good idea?

so no one has ever been injured or killed as a result of being drunk for the first time? OK......

It doesn't, it just proves they are both not good ideas. And for you to be arguing for it suggests you drink and probably handle yourself well..like most drug users.

Archived