Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Fa cup win or stay in prem?

Well we could win the FA cup and end up like Coventry. Won't do us much good then. 25 years on and look what's happened to them. Sure you can't take it away from them but I can't imagine it means much to them anymore.

Staying in the prem gives the chance of playing better quality footbalk not just for me but for future generations and besides, the longer we are in the prem, the higher our chances are of winning the FA cup anyway. It's a no Brainer for me...

Well we could win the FA cup and end up like Coventry. Won't do us much good then. 25 years on and look what's happened to them. Sure you can't take it away from them but I can't imagine it means much to them anymore.

Staying in the prem gives the chance of playing better quality footbalk not just for me but for future generations and besides, the longer we are in the prem, the higher our chances are of winning the FA cup anyway. It's a no Brainer for me...

I'm inclined to agree.

In terms of purely selfish motivations, I think I get more week to week out of being in the top flight than Coventry fans do talking about when they won the FA Cup.

I'm really enjoying being back in the Prem - looking at the big teams line-ups, media stories and results and them having some relevance to us as City fans. I wouldn't swap that for an amazing cup run, a trip to Wembley and an uncomfortable Charity shield opener where we get smashed by Chelsea and then go back to playing against Huddersfield and Rotherham in the Championship.

From the standpoint of a football 'purist', I can see why the cup would be far and away a no brainer but I'm enjoying this ride at the moment and don't wish to get off just yet.

FA Cup all day long.

Something that will live forever and it's a huge shame we've never won it.

We'll probably always be a yoyo club in reality, trophies live forever.

FA cup means jack now, much rather have 20 years of mid table PL finished, than win the FA cup and go down.

20 years of being mid table? I can't think of anything more boring. I'd probably lose interest in the sport of we did that.

As a supporter, I say cup, but for the sake of the club, stay in the premier league, sad statement, but the reality of modern football, is fa cup is probaly one of the biggest cups in the world, but sadly a lot of fans have lost interest, and the cups are not as important as they used to be.

Most bigger clubs show that lack of interest, fielding manly reserves till the latter stages.

Archived